• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to an early 2013 bombcast while I do some cleaning. You really don't get the lengthy off-topic digressions in the current bombcast like you used to. In this first hour there have been extended conversations about neti pots, dry wall, grilling, petting zoos, and lighbulbs.

Myggen

Something about how the camera moves in this Samurai Warriors QL is making me really dizzy. First time that's happened to me watching a QL.

Best of Giant Bomb 96 - TRACER CORE
Has spoilers for the Vive stream.

I love that we have reached this point.

humanity_was_a_mistake_by_spirit_of_the_kokiri-d8m03tc.png

Megasoum

Banned
Is it just a straight TF2 clone that plays entirely self contained match-to-match, or are there still MMO trappings left in from its previous existence? (levels, loot, xp etc)

There's an account wide leveling system but afaik all it does is give you free loot crates (for cosmetic stuff) when you level up? Don't think it does anything else.

Other than that it's TF2 made by Blizzard which is fucking great. Lots more characters than in TF2 and they are all very different from each others. I'm slowly discovering more and more characters as I play.

No F2P bullshit (good thing since it's a 60$ game lol)... Everything is unlocked and all that.

Zaph

There's an account wide leveling system but afaik all it does is give you free loot crates (for cosmetic stuff) when you level up? Don't think it does anything else.

Other than that it's TF2 made by Blizzard which is fucking great. Lots more characters than in TF2 and they are all very different from each others. I'm slowly discovering more and more characters as I play.

No F2P bullshit (good thing since it's a 60$ game lol)... Everything is unlocked and all that.

Sounds good, but I guess I just need to come to terms with the fact Blizzard will never make another MMO.

Which is probably a good thing for my social life

Watching Jeff Greene play the Souls games is really funny. He's played them all, I believe, maybe not Demon Souls, but his approach is always the same, with the exact same bad habits. One of the few people that seems to be able to stream the games while not playing so well, and not be constantly attacked, at least the streams I've seen.

oti

Banned
Is it just a straight TF2 clone that plays entirely self contained match-to-match, or are there still MMO trappings left in from its previous existence? (levels, loot, xp etc)

Is it as fast as TF2? Never got into TF2, just too fast for me.

Myggen

Not even the VR footage made you dizzy?

I should`ve specified that I meant `normal` footage, the Oculus stream really made me dizzy at one point and that was Dan playing the air hockey game.

2 hours until Rorie`s stream starts. I`m kinda excited to watch some WoW while working, I haven`t played WoW since Vanilla and it`s always fascinating to get a glimpse of how much it`s changed.

edit I just noticed that the GBEast stream is over 3 hours. Awesome!

Robaperas

I should`ve specified that I meant `normal` footage, the Oculus stream really made me dizzy at one point and that was Dan playing the air hockey game

Oh, I had a friend who couldn't play Half-Life 2 because of the fisheye FOV thing, it sucks if you end up missing some games or streams because of it.

Myggen

The motorcycle minigame Dan did on UPF looks absolutely fucked to do yourself unless you have a really good stomach for VR. I imagine I wouldn`t last a minute in that thing.

The motorcycle minigame Dan did on UPF looks absolutely fucked to do yourself unless you have a really good stomach for VR. I imagine I wouldn`t last a minute in that thing.

It was funny watching the guys react to Dan freaking out. I had trouble with the air hockey game too and would probably not be able to play the bike game for more than a few seconds.

edit---I thought Rorie was supposed to be playing WoW on stream at noon pst/ 3pm est?

kvothe

Bombcast is still far and away my favorite podcast and I couldn't even tell you why. I commonly listen to the new episodes multiple times. But I feel so apathetic about Beastcast right now. I'll miss out on big chunks of the episode and not even bother to go back to listen. Their improv comedy bits rarely hit for me and their deeper, more intellectual conversations rarely make me feel like I'm coming away with a new perspective.

But I can listen to Gerstmann talk for days. It's so inexplicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom