• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
gixPngA.png

9MWKwX0.png

sxa12ze.png

NwFgoKb.png

1JDhTBK.png

w3D8wbY.png

5ZtXlAb.png

VZjgRW9.png

XkFGgpe.png

AqbbRUZ.png

NJPwu9w.png

ax5TALx.png

xPdjrxV.png

44t5SbB.png

bAqGnnh.png

nG5BZHZ.png

hPGbej8.png

T7Gzmll.png

RtXGi5j.jpg

doFjFaF.png

dQ55LPR.png

KC10E4a.png

jIqClzp.png

Big thanks to Hasemo for posting this information in the quote below.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89646113&postcount=55

*SPECIAL THANKS
Yasumi & Perorist for the text in the "About God Eater 2" section of the OT.

Timodus for his playthrough videos. You can watch the rest of his playthrough videos on his YT channel. The first 1-5 in his series are posted up here in the OT.
https://www.youtube.com/user/timodus958?feature=watch

IMPORTANT

NO WORD ON AN ENGLISH RELEASE AS OF THIS TIME.

(Though the trophies are in English if you have your PSV set to English as the system language, so thats a good sign of possible localization in the future)

Since with God Eater 2 coming out in about 2 days. Earlier for those who manage to find it in the wild at "flying" stores, figured we should have a thread to discuss the game.

Am picking it up along with the new PS Vita so should be a good time.

Going to be adding info here and such, will see if any place has the game early tomorrow.

If I had more time would have actually tried to edit the character bios below into English too.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was on the fence, since I didn't really like GE/GEB.
After playing the demo for GE2 I wasn't convinced but after I changed my weapon from Long to Short sword I fell in love in the game and spent 5+ hours to upgrade my equipment.
My save file is ready.

Too bad that the game doesn't have online multiplayer. I really hope that by late December system update they mean adding that.

Parakeetman

Yeah the lack of online multiplayer is a huge minus personally. Really do hope that the sales are good enough to light a fire under their asses to get it cranked out ASAP.

Esp with how much they have been promoting the game too.

Im working on my save file currently also. Been using the boost hammer a lot since its quite the amusing weapon. Great for breaking parts!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah the lack of online multiplayer is a huge minus personally. Really do hope that the sales are good enough to light a fire under their asses to get it cranked out ASAP.
Sadly, nothing will be lit, not in this country.
I've been talking about the lack of online mp with my workmate and he said that he doesn't even care - he's been playing all the hunting games with his friends who live near and strangers online don't usually know how to behave properly anyway.

And I think that's the general attitude here - kids in school are playing mostly with friends from school, same with company workers. And I guess those, who really want to play with someone far away will just use the ad hoc party and call it a day.

Main reason for which it would be included is that all the other hunting games are doing it - SS, Toukiden, Ragnarok and MH4.

I'm hooked on the buster swords blood art. It's so awesome. Eagerly awaiting my copy to arrive next Monday once it ships !

Parakeetman

I've got an import OT ready for Thursday. Can't wait for it to ship (with Akiba's Trip 2).

Oh you were doing an import OT already? I was looking through that official post thread and didnt see anyone had taken it.

Since was going to fill this one with the graphics and what nots / trailers etc here.

Do we even have some sort of sign up thread for import OTs?

Itsuki

I'm picking the Vita version. I've been waiting for the game since it was announced back in 2011. Probably my copy will arrive in 2 weeks.
By the way, does somebody knows when is the second demo going to be released?.

Parakeetman

The same as the usual one. If it isn't there, anyone can do it.

Yeah thats what I had figured. :eek:

I'm picking the Vita version. I've been waiting for the game since it was announced back in 2011. Probably my copy will arrive in 2 weeks.
By the way, does somebody knows when is the second demo going to be released?.

They announced a second demo? Since the current demo allows for players to keep everything earned within it to be transferred to the full version when released. Also had a bunch of stages in it.

Yasumi

Banned
Oh you were doing an import OT already? I was looking through that official post thread and didnt see anyone had taken it.

Since was going to fill this one with the graphics and what nots / trailers etc here.

Do we even have some sort of sign up thread for import OTs?

Yeah, just grabbed it a week ago.

They announced a second demo? Since the current demo allows for players to keep everything earned within it to be transferred to the full version when released. Also had a bunch of stages in it.

It's going to be a pretty generous demo too. First three full chapters, apparently.

Itsuki

I think they've only said it's going to be after the release of the full game.

I see, thanks. It would be great if it's released before my copy arrives.

I'm going to import my GEB character and I think that the characters won't recognize him since the GE2 main character is different. If they recognize him, that would be great.

Parakeetman

Yeah, just grabbed it a week ago.

It's going to be a pretty generous demo too. First three full chapters, apparently.

Shit since currently have done up a bunch of stuff for it as is.

I guess they didnt update the main list, since thats what I went off of. Didnt bother to look through the end post. D:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
i loved GEB but this is 2013 and a no go for me. i wont have anybody to play that game with me. and grinding alone gets old very fast.
First big system update is scheduled for the end of the year and they've said they're going to add a new system iirc. Everyone here has fingers crossed for online mp.

Parakeetman

First big system update is scheduled for the end of the year and they've said they're going to add a new system iirc. Everyone here has fingers crossed for online mp.

Granted its a different company like Ragnarok Odyssey ACE got online patched in later too. So yeah do have high hopes they will patch it in later.

Itsuki

I hope that it's online mp. With that, the game would be perfect for me.

Looks like I'm going to be waiting for an English localization release since I would like to be able to understand the story as I'm playing through it. In the event of no NA release I'll pick it up whenever I decide to start up my Japanese study again.

The game seriously looks a lot better than Burst with the addition of the new weapon types and blood arts. There's one specific scene in a previous trailer that gave me the impression that your character from the first game will show up so assuming I get it I'll need to find a way to transfer my save from NA to JP (assuming no NA release).

Hellraider

The worst thing about no online play is that it kills the western version.There is no chance they are going to release it here without online.
Oh well, for start let's hope this game is good.We need some impressions from fans of the genre.

Parakeetman

The worst thing about no online play is that it kills the western version.There is no chance they are going to release it here without online.
Oh well, for start let's hope this game is good.We need some impressions from fans of the genre.

Judging from the demo alone the game is a large improvement over the previous title. A lot of things stay the same with general mechanics but the melee combat feels a lot better and seems that they added a bit more variation this time.

The new addition of the Boost Hammer and Charge Spear are also appreciated. Boost Hammer is a personal favorite of mine now.

One thing that Im curious about with the full version is just how many stages will they have and how well connected will they be. Thats one thing that has always irritated me about God Eater in general is the level design has a bunch of dead ends on occasion making things a bit of a pain in the ass for getting to one place to another.

Parakeetman

Damn no luck getting a copy in my town. Hope you other guys out here have better luck that I do. Back to playing the demo for me till tomorrow. D:

50/50 on my end. The local place said they can't sell stuff early anymore, though last time they made an exception cause it was me. I figure I'll just call this afternoon and see what the deal is.

Parakeetman

50/50 on my end. The local place said they can't sell stuff early anymore, though last time they made an exception cause it was me. I figure I'll just call this afternoon and see what the deal is.

Good luck to you though man! If you manage to grab it let us know! :D

Yeah its odd since the place I went to usually did "flying" lol. I wonder if the companies these days are cracking down more?

The other one in my town closed down and that one was always cool with me getting stuff a day early and basically anyone else who did reservations.

Seriously the companies should lay off if so since these stores are already getting the shit kicked out of them by amazon as is. :/

I know Square-Enix, Capcom and Nintendo are pretty strict about stuff from what I heard from the store folk. Though it depends if its the flagship title. Like Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Dragon Quest.

Parakeetman

Is this import friendly?

The only real thing that would be the largest barrier would be the bullet creation system. But as with the first game am sure folks will make detailed guides in English for all of those who would be interested in importing the title.

Asides from that if you dont mind missing out on the story and such, it can be considered import friendly.

Though if you have your PSV set up with a non JP account, you will be missing out on the future DLC and such unfortunately. Though if you do have your PSV setup with a JP account you can download the demo and give it a try to see if you will like the game or not. The demo is quite robust and gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the game itself.

Nice to see someone else who knows what Demon's Gaze is judging from your Pine avatar.

killatopak

Gold Member
There's no MP and just an adhoc party right?

I wonder if the PS Vita can incorporate something like Xlink Kai where it's pretty much MP but just using the adhoc lobby. I imagine a lot of PSP players using this.

Parakeetman

Just called my local joint to see if I could grab my preorder today.

"But of course!"

Famicom House, you are my one true love.

haha grats man! I just pray Im awake to get mine tomorrow. I got the worst luck with that I swear lol

There's no MP and just an adhoc party right?

I wonder if the PS Vita can incorporate something like Xlink Kai where it's pretty much MP but just using the adhoc lobby. I imagine a lot of PSP players using this.

Well there is local MP, figure you mean "Online Multiplayer" then yeah no, that feature currently is not included at this time. Also correct that it does support adhoc party. Never used it myself so am unable to comment on its functionality / stability though.

Everyone is crossing their fingers with the large update in the future the devs have been talking about. Been mentioned here too in this thread.

Dont be totally disheartened since a more recent title Ragnarok Odyssey Ace initially did not have Online MP, but it was patched in later. Sure different dev, but shows that it can be done.

The update stuff is in the latest Famitsu in an interview.

They designed God Eater 2 with hooks so that they could not only add DLC in the form of quests, monsters, equipment, etc, but so that they could also update the game systems and make changes as they see fit.

They never directly say adding online MP, but it's implied that they can make big changes under the hood.

In other words, it'll hopefully happen sometime in the near future. The first big update with DLC and changes comes in December.

Parakeetman

They designed God Eater 2 with hooks so that they could not only add DLC in the form of quests, monsters, equipment, etc, but so that they could also update the game systems and make changes as they see fit.

They never directly say adding online MP, but it's implied that they can make big changes under the hood.

In other words, it'll hopefully happen sometime in the near future. The first big update with DLC and changes comes in December.

Glad to see them keep with the tradition of free DLC and what not too, similar to all the stuff they had in the past with the previous game.

Impressive if they really have improved on the games backend to allow for large changes like that.

With that being said guess we can expect various game balancing to go on then?

One thing Im glad is that they really did seem to put a lot of effort into God Eater 2 with all of the new features, excellent demo and how they listened to the fans and reverted back to the original art style rather than going "Nomura" on us, which initially happened.

Btw did you see that God Eater magazine? Dengeki publishes it, but its a magazine thats only for God Eater. Was tempted to pick it up but its around 840 yen I think. Might do it anyways and see whats in it tomorrow if the store still has copies.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/746/746901/

Speaking of which I hope that Dengeki works with them to have that bear "Polygon" made into a weapon. Since they have done that before in a bunch of other titles haha. If anything at least a costume. Since we already have that crazy ass character Kigurumi. Looks like there are other full costume suits to wear from other screenshots I saw.

This character
32.jpg

Ken

Alright, preordered from AmiAmi.

Is trying to swap accounts on PSVita still a pain in the butt?

Parakeetman

Alright, preordered from AmiAmi.

Is trying to swap accounts on PSVita still a pain in the butt?

Only done it once and it ended poorly since wasnt careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7wmC0eUPQ
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65626763

Is all the info came up with a quick search.

If you are going to take the dive and do the switch might as well get the demo from the JP store and play that till your game arrives, since then you can transfer the data over and continue on.

Itsuki

It's good to see that they'll continue making free DLC for GE2. GEB has free DLC (I don't remember if it was monthly) and the last GEB DLC was released on june, when they released the re-print of the "PSP the best" version of GEB.

Btw did you see that God Eater magazine? Dengeki publishes it, but its a magazine thats only for God Eater. Was tempted to pick it up but its around 840 yen I think. Might do it anyways and see whats in it tomorrow if the store still has copies.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/746/746901/

Speaking of which I hope that Dengeki works with them to have that bear "Polygon" made into a weapon. Since they have done that before in a bunch of other titles haha. If anything at least a costume. Since we already have that crazy ass character Kigurumi. Looks like there are other full costume suits to wear from other screenshots I saw.

This character
32.jpg

The magazine looks good. Finally GE has a magazine.
They must make a weapon of that bear. I would buy the next Dengeki Playstation only for that.

They have posted the seiyuus voices that you can choose for the main character on the GE blog: http://www.godeater.jp/blog/?p=1129
Also a video of the voices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_5isfVUAg

Jiraiza

Will I need to play the first one to know what's going on in this one? Alisa's character design is too delicious to pass up.

Ken

Only done it once and it ended poorly since wasnt careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7wmC0eUPQ
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65626763

Is all the info came up with a quick search.

If you are going to take the dive and do the switch might as well get the demo from the JP store and play that till your game arrives, since then you can transfer the data over and continue on.

Thanks. I'll probably put it off until the game gets here though hum.

In the Famitsu interview, they say that they're looking to update once a month with free DLC and tweaks/changes etc.

No charged DLC.

Also my local place didn't sell me the game. ='( The woman who gave me the go ahead over the phone wasn't there anymore when I arrived, so the normal dude was like "You know we can't sell this to you till tomorrow right? =("

Top Bottom