• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Get hype!

Still havent opened it yet as need to finish up a bunch of other stuff currently D:

Alright. I'm actually considering buying the game but I don't know which system for. I'm thinking of either the Vita bundle or the getting the game with the Vita TV. I want to hear your impressions before actually purchasing mang.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Little Shop of Horror reference in the title?

The weapons you use in the game are basically artificially created living items and you harvest components from enemies by "feeding" on them. Example picture below showing what the weapon generally looks like when you do the feeding command in game.

cXY76.jpg

Alright. I'm actually considering buying the game but I don't know which system for. I'm thinking of either the Vita bundle or the getting the game with the Vita TV. I want to hear your impressions before actually purchasing mang.

I can tell you this right now but the new Vita model its insanely light. Almost like you are holding one of those "fake / hollow" mockups in a store. The reduction in thickness of the unit too is noticeable. If you dont currently own a Vita Id highly suggest the bundle.

The only down side to it which is more of a design nitpick of my own is the fact the coloring scheme of the unit itself only applies to the rear of the unit and not the frontal face plate too. The material under the faceplate that runs around the screen. Would have been nice if it was actually the "khaki" color also.

*Edit. more like the front face plate. Noticed the newer Vita screen isnt a whole solid piece that sits on top of the panel underneath, but more like the PSP now, which I approve of. Since didnt like how the OG Vita was a fingerprint magnet.

The PSV TV would be for more if you plan to just play exclusively at home and dont mind the fact that it seems to be region locked in terms of JP PSN only store usage. Also if you would rather play on a DS3.

Will set up the PSV TV after I do the updates to the thread. You guys here are going to have to give me about an hour though. As mentioned a few times now finishing up a bunch of other critical stuff first. D:

From there will also see if I can set it up to record then you guys can get some new gameplay footage. But if that doesnt work out there will be lots of other footage popping up in no time :)

Seeing how they didnt localize the first God Eater till BURST came out makes me wonder what their plans are with this title.

I'm pretty sure Gods Eater Burst was released before God Eater Burst. Because I remember raising my eyebrows at the title.

Parakeetman, you have failed me. You abandoned Hopes and Dreams™.

>No Alisa/Nana as poster girl
>No underboob on title either!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The weapons you use in the game are basically artificially created living items and you harvest components from enemies by "feeding" on them. Example picture below showing what the weapon generally looks like when you do the feeding command in game.

cXY76.jpg

I can tell you this right now but the new Vita model its insanely light. Almost like you are holding one of those "fake / hollow" mockups in a store. The reduction in thickness of the unit too is noticeable. If you dont currently own a Vita Id highly suggest the bundle.

The only down side to it which is more of a design nitpick of my own is the fact the coloring scheme of the unit itself only applies to the rear of the unit and not the frontal face plate too. The material under the faceplate that runs around the screen. Would have been nice if it was actually the "khaki" color also.

The PSV TV would be for more if you plan to just play exclusively at home and dont mind the fact that it seems to be region locked in terms of JP PSN only store usage. Also if you would rather play on a DS3.

Will set up the PSV TV after I do the updates to the thread. You guys here are going to have to give me about an hour though. As mentioned a few times now finishing up a bunch of other critical stuff first. D:

From there will also see if I can set it up to record then you guys can get some new gameplay footage. But if that doesnt work out there will be lots of other footage popping up in no time :)

Totally thanks. Got the Vita bundle. Sort of sad that I couldn't get the Famitsu DX version's goodies. I really wanted that shot glass, calendar, and doll. T_T

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anything major from those list of changes?
Just looked through it quickly. Haven't played the demo and going into the full version fresh so not sure how major some of the problems were

Lock on range shortened for easier targeting
Tightened camera controls
Reduced the flashiness of blood art effects and other things that obscured the screen too much
Made it easier to use various weapon-specific moves, nerfs/buffs on a few things for balance
Improved aragami AI
Reduced knockback after taking damage
Strengthened npcs to make them less prone to quick deaths, various other glitches fixed
Usability improvements to the character creator
Adhoc party connection/stability improved
Fixed a bunch of bugs during event scenes

Parakeetman

I'm pretty sure Gods Eater Burst was released before God Eater Burst. Because I remember raising my eyebrows at the title.

Parakeetman, you have failed me. You abandoned Hopes and Dreams™.

>No Alisa/Nana as poster girl
>No underboob on title either!

I actually was going to put Canon as a main pic just to freak people out, but that would be a personal bias of mine lol.

Ill see about finding something to use as a closing banner tonight.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Nippon Yasan seems to be processing my order now. Also grabbed a Vita 2000 though not the GE2 edition. Hope I'll be playing by the weekend (´・ω・`)

Parakeetman

Heres an idea for you guys on how small the PS Vita TV is. Figured this would be of interest to folks here as some people are looking into getting one for the game.

Ok I said screw it to messing with all the cables trying to get it to work with my AverMedia Live Gamer HD card and just went and ordered a Live Gamer Portable which should arrive tomorrow. Man that thing is expensive tho. D:

Wynnebeck

Banned

cXY76.jpg
:)

Oh duh! Devour Mode lol. I just got the reference now.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I said screw it to messing with all the cables trying to get it to work with my AverMedia Live Gamer HD card and just went and ordered a Live Gamer Portable which should arrive tomorrow. Man that thing is expensive tho. D:
Tell us how it is, I've been thinking of getting one of those for a long time.

Parakeetman

Tell us how it is, I've been thinking of getting one of those for a long time.

Will do. It should arrive tomorrow with a high speed SD card around the same time today. With that Ill get onto making footage right away as long as nothing else goes pear shaped. lol

For now am just setting up the PSV TV to my desk area for the time being.

woo paid off my copy from amiami

that vita tv looks nice

Nice! Hope you enjoy the game and the new Vita when it arrives!

Parakeetman

Any word on this coming to U.S.?

None at this time unfortunately.

Source (in Japanese sorry)

So initial shipment in Japan is like 500K copies.
Hope it sells well.

Seems like Amazon.jp is back ordered too seeing as new orders of the game will arrive in 6-8 days or something. Basically a week.

Indeed plus with all the folks who bought the VITA TV Id imagine people got the game too.

Parakeetman

Must say that GE2 looks fantastic using the PSV TV.

The only odd problem Ive run into with the PSVTV is I had to unregister my PSV from my SEN account, then register the PSVTV. Since apparently it seems to think the PSVTV is another Vita rather than its own standalone unit which I would have expected it to register as.

Hopefully they will fix that later on since its a bit silly the way it currently is.

For those wondering if there will be a localized version of the game, I suppose its a good sign that the trophies are in English already.

Parakeetman

Heheh, they got Sako of 格ゲー五神 fame to do a playtest and he uses the MH claw for the dpad http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ge2/int1111.html

Is this common in GE? I played burst on a pspgo so it was impossible to get my hand in position

On the PSP for example I used to use the claw, its a lot harder to do on the PSV unfortunately. (For myself, as never got comfortable with it)

On the PSVTV with the DS3 though using the right stick is pretty easy, granted at times I want to claw since need to move the camera and attack at the same time on occasion, which I see as the main purpose of the claw.

On the PSP for example I used to use the claw, its a lot harder to do on the PSV unfortunately. (For myself, as never got comfortable with it)

On the PSVTV with the DS3 though using the right stick is pretty easy, granted at times I want to claw since need to move the camera and attack at the same time on occasion, which I see as the main purpose of the claw.

Have you tried using the rearpad?

I kept trying to master rearpad camera in the demo, but I couldn't get the hang of it.

It should be easier with Vita-2000 since it has larger finger docks. There's still no 2000 in local shops here. I want one primarily so I could have a Vita that I could bring out or to work. Miku-Vita is too precious to bring out of the house. >_>

I should be receiving my copy around Xmas. If they got online by then, maybe I'd see you guys
If you guys don't mind a sucky, greedy player LOL.

BTW, there's a problem with Amazon and GE2 orders/shipments? Any news what's this about? I think my buddy pre-ordered one there.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any word if this will get located / english version / when?

Parakeetman

Have you tried using the rearpad?

I kept trying to master rearpad camera in the demo, but I couldn't get the hang of it.

It should be easier with Vita-2000 since it has larger finger docks. There's still no 2000 in local shops here. I want one primarily so I could have a Vita that I could bring out or to work. Miku-Vita is too precious to bring out of the house. >_>

I should be receiving my copy around Xmas. If they got online by then, maybe I'd see you guys
If you guys don't mind a sucky, greedy player LOL.

BTW, there's a problem with Amazon and GE2 orders/shipments? Any news what's this about? I think my buddy pre-ordered one there.

Im one of the last guys to ask about things like the touch screen or back pad with the PSV. Since I literally HATE almost all forms of touch controls for the most part. lol

Another problem is thanks to those 2 idiotic loops at the bottom of the PSV I cant rest my fingers down there either. Unlike the PSP where it had the right side indented due to where the charging plug went. Im so tempted to get a dremel tool just to cut off those loops since they are totally unnecessary and I dont even use a wrist strap. Thats how annoyed Ive been with that part of the Vitas design in general.

In regards to Amazon mine shipped just fine domestically. Not too sure what the issue would be with your friends order unless he tried to put in an order at last minute. Since mine was pre-ordered way in advance. Pretty much as soon as the Fenrir PSV + Game pack dropped on amazon I had pre-ordered it right then.

Any word if this will get located / english version / when?

None.

Also the same general question has been answered 6 posts above yours. Though as mentioned before too the Trophies are in English so thats a good sign that the game will eventually be localized.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Huh, was wondering what the point of it would be if you already have the right stick. Claw seems very very situational now. This already has a target camera/lock on doesn't it?

Also (´・ω`・)エッ? not sure what Yasumi told you but I didn't help contribute anything to OT graphics lol

Some are guessing they ran out of copies with the first print bonus. Looks like they changed the product page to just a standard GE2 header now so earlier they might've been shipping out copies without the code to people who bought from the first print page.

Im one of the last guys to ask about things like the touch screen or back pad with the PSV. Since I literally HATE almost all forms of touch controls for the most part. lol

Touch screen is good substitute for select/start.

I have no problems with pressing Select/Start (or both) on Vita-1000 like others, but I dislike their position being right below the analog/buttons, so touch screen was a saviour.

I LOL'd at the Alisa tights bug. Mystery of the Missing Tights™. At least she's consistent.

Parakeetman

Huh, was wondering what the point of it would be if you already have the right stick. Claw seems very very situational now. This already has a target camera/lock on doesn't it?

Some are guessing they ran out of copies with the first print bonus. Looks like they changed the product page to just a standard GE2 header now so earlier they might've been shipping out copies without the code to people who bought from the first print page.

Also (´・ω`・)エッ? not sure what Yasumi told you but I didn't help contribute anything to OT graphics lol

Truthfully I dont use lock on all that much. Esp when its so easy to switch targets by accident if you brush the right stick. D:

The whole point of the claw is so you never have to take your thumb off from the buttons. Which was pretty important in Monster Hunter for example, since you could get one shotted or near death by getting hit. That brief moment where your finger is not on the dodge button can make a huge difference.

All of the graphics here were prepped / edited by me.

Out of the materials Yasumi sent it had your name inside of the word file which the "About God Eater" part I had used in the OT. So was guessing that you had done that part or helped with the text within the rest of the word file?

Parakeetman

I am really impressed with those save imports... Never seen a game support that many before.

Yeah seriously. Was cool to see the option that will check both the PSP data save from Burst, then the PSV demo save file. And all totally hassle free.

They got a pretty talented team to come up with this and getting it functional. Since its not often that there is support like this with Japanese titles.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I LOL'd at the Alisa tights bug. Mystery of the Missing Tights™. At least she's consistent.
Didn't even know you could manipulate the camera to that angle (・A・)

Out of the materials Yasumi sent it had your name inside of the word file which the "About God Eater" part I had used in the OT. So was guessing that you had done that part or helped with the text within the rest of the word file?
I made a mock banner for the OT a week or so ago by stealing an image off the GE2 blog, might've been for that. Didn't touch anything else OT related

Parakeetman

Didn't even know you could manipulate the camera to that angle (・A・)

I made a mock banner for the OT a week or so ago by stealing an image off the GE2 blog, might've been for that. Didn't touch anything else OT related

Ah ok lol. Regardless will leave your name up there too since you helped him out with stuff. Fame & fortune is yours!

Pretty much all of the graphics here are from the official HP and such. With editing and other things done to fix it up / combine things etc. Actually was going to make it a bit more complex, but am glad I didnt, since would have made the post way too long trying to fit in everything.

Once I can get recording, if the Avermedia portable thing works good, will just make demo videos instead that should help out more than 2d graphics lol

Yasumi

Banned
Sorry about the vagueness of the Perorist credit gais. I had his name under the OT banner he made, and was also going to credit him for the idea for the headers.

Also, looks like Amiami sent out shipments last night. The number isn't trackable yet, so it probably won't come until sometime next week. This weekend's going to feel very long. ;_;

Parakeetman

Sorry about the vagueness of the Perorist credit gais. I had his name under the OT banner he made, and was also going to credit him for the idea for the headers.

Also, looks like Amiami sent out shipments last night. The number isn't trackable yet, so it probably won't come until sometime next week. This weekend's going to feel very long. ;_;

No worries! I should have asked to get clarification D:

You should set up your PSV for the JP store then get the demo to help with the wait. Since its nice having all your data from the demo port over. :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm having a blast with the game, although I feel like there's a bit too much story interrupting the hunts. I know I can just start clearing the "hard" missions, but sadly I've upgraded my equipment a bit too much in the demo and now I must get to tier 3 to be able to use it...

Parakeetman

I'm having a blast with the game, although I feel like there's a bit too much story interrupting the hunts. I know I can just start clearing the "hard" missions, but sadly I've upgraded my equipment a bit too much in the demo and now I must get to tier 3 to be able to use it...

lol you having the same issue too? Im sad I cant smash shit with my purple block hammer. The weapons I ported over are still locked away from my GE:B data.

Though once you get far enough it wont be much of a problem. You make it sound like the story is a bad thing, when it was one of the better parts of God Eater in general. :/

That sounds like a plus to me. I imagine as you continue on you'll get access to more hunts in between story events.

Parakeetman

That sounds like a plus to me. I imagine as you continue on you'll get access to more hunts in between story events.

Yep basically. Its just getting through the story parts. Really dont see that as a bad thing and the design for how the flow is pretty much is similar to GE:B.

I need to advance more since want to see those supporting character events where you do missions with them / sub story stuff. Been busy working on stuff instead of playing unfortunately. D:

At least tomorrow will have time to do all the recordings and what nots so crossing my fingers that everything works fine when it arrives / is set up.

Itsuki

Finally paid my GE2 copy. I don't know why I picked SAL instead of Airmail... It should arrive in 2 weeks. I'll be playing Sen while I wait.
And I still can't believe that GE2 has been released today.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Though whats odd is I only had a single Vita which is registered, but when I tried to register the PSV TV it didnt let me register it till I had unregistered my PSV. :eek: Which makes it seem like I could only have a single PSV device linked with my SEN acct.
Did you have a PSP registered? It used to let you register 2 portable devices total, not sure if they made a distinction between PSPs and PSVs

Parakeetman

Did you have a PSP registered? It used to let you register 2 portable devices total, not sure if they made a distinction between PSPs and PSVs

Yeah that could be it, since the PSP is registered. Hmm dont think I have the 2nd PSP registered. I should just log into my SEN account and check the registration status of all devices.

Its odd though since you would think that Sony would have been "smart" enough to break up each hardware by its own category. PSP / PSV / PSV TV.

>click GE article on Dengeki
>ブースト起動と派生アクションが進化した“アイアンハート”。アラガミからの攻撃を受けても、耐えながら攻撃できるようになる。

Oh crap.

Come at me, Aragami!
I'll die more now! Thanks recklessness!

Time to practice more Boost Rush? Triangle always puts me in wrong places lol.

Also includes Abadon image. Missed it when it appeared during one of the streams.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/750/750489/

Parakeetman

Top Bottom