• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 |OT| Feed me Seymour!

Itsuki

Amiami has just sent me an email saying that they have my copy. I'll see if I can pay it this afternoon or tomorrow.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So is adhoc party not popular? Was hoping there would be enough interest to get a GAF room going (ヽ´ω`)

crinale

adhoc party is the closest thing we will get for now it seems.

With AdHoc Party + local multiplayer alone MHP3 sold close to 5 million, so lack of it really doesn't hinder sales much in Japan sadly. Personally all of my friends have PS3 so I have no problem with it, but it sure would help if Bamco is considering about Western localization.

BTW God Eater Burst got localized after all, right?

One thing Im glad is that they really did seem to put a lot of effort into God Eater 2 with all of the new features, excellent demo and how they listened to the fans and reverted back to the original art style rather than going "Nomura" on us, which initially happened.

I remember when they showed that first trailer. So much rage. I guess they realized how attached people were to the style from the first game as opposed to FF Type-0(that's what it looked similar to) style.

You guys can't deny that the killer change was about the man-pose.

What's this about?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I remember when they showed that first trailer. So much rage. I guess they realized how attached people were to the style from the first game as opposed to FF Type-0(that's what it looked similar to) style.

What's this about?

I think its more people didnt want some generic style and preferred the unique look God Eater had to it originally, which I do agree with. Just once again thank god the devs had enough common sense to listen / a back up plan which actually allowed them to go back to the original style.

Good stuff thanks for posting that. Have added it to the OP also with thanks / linkback to your original post.

Parakeetman

There's more.

Video introducing selectable player character voices.

We can also expect a day 1 patch, which will increase the fc rewards for clearing missions by 10% among fixing some minor stuff.

More money is always a good thing, since man always ran out insanely fast in the demo. The GE team isnt screwing around with this launch thats good to see. They must have gotten a ton of feedback from the demo considering how long it was.

In a while will edit in that video to the trailers section in the first post

Mokubba

I played the first but I never got round to completing it.

Would I have any problems just going straight to the second?

Parakeetman

I played the first but I never got round to completing it.

Would I have any problems just going straight to the second?

Unless you care about the story you shouldnt have any problems jumping right in. All of the controls are pretty much the same, items too.

---

Updated the main post with the voice demonstration video and an actual character creation video by a fan. Put those into their own little subsection.

Character creation vid is first. The voice demonstration is second.

In the Famitsu interview, they say that they're looking to update once a month with free DLC and tweaks/changes etc.

No charged DLC.

Also my local place didn't sell me the game. ='( The woman who gave me the go ahead over the phone wasn't there anymore when I arrived, so the normal dude was like "You know we can't sell this to you till tomorrow right? =("

Aw man that sucks. D: They dont want your sweet, sweet monies fast enough

I think its more people didnt want some generic style and preferred the unique look God Eater had to it originally, which I do agree with. Just once again thank god the devs had enough common sense to listen / a back up plan which actually allowed them to go back to the original style.

I personally like God Eater's stylized style over the "Nomura" style they had initially so I'm happy that they changed it back. I'm very glad that they seem to be receptive to feedback.

Gives me hope that they might add an online mode. I wonder if they would be receptive to localization requests too. :p

Yasumi

Banned
OT will be up tonight when I get home from class. Gosh, that changes list. Please ship soon Amiami.

Edit: On second thought, this thread is already better than what I had prepared. Parakeetman, I'll PM you the assets I have once I get home. If there's anything you want to use, feel free.

Parakeetman

OT will be up tonight when I get home from class. Gosh, that changes list. Please ship soon Amiami.

Edit: On second thought, this thread is already better than what I had prepared. Parakeetman, I'll PM you the assets I have once I get home. If there's anything you want to use, feel free.

Hey there Yasumi, sure thing, will be sure to include you in the credits at top if anything is used!

This was all just stuff had prepped up. I kept taking things up and down seeing how I screwed up some of the images and what not. Maybe I should go back and fix some of the other stuff then. D:

I personally like God Eater's stylized style over the "Nomura" style they had initially so I'm happy that they changed it back. I'm very glad that they seem to be receptive to feedback.

Gives me hope that they might add an online mode. I wonder if they would be receptive to localization requests too. :p

Seeing how they didnt localize the first God Eater till BURST came out makes me wonder what their plans are with this title.

Ill look it up regardless of asking here but am curious how well received was GE-B in the West anyways?

Id imagine that they would work on getting this out quicker esp with how the Vita has been pushed hard by Sony for the PS4 launch and the need for more titles is there. I can only hope that indeed the December update will include online since if they put that in will most def help out a launch in the West even more.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ill look it up regardless of asking here but am curious how well received was GE-B in the West anyways?
Only did like 30k, most people have never heard of it. Until it went up for free on PS+ earlier this year anyways.

With the constant stream of DLC model that they're doing here hopefully they won't make us pay a second time for a Burst version of GE2

Itsuki

Did AmiAmi start shipping orders? I suppose I should have preordered earlier. D:

Amiami sent today the emails for those that preordered the game. If you've received the email and paid it, they should ship your copy tomorrow.

Ken

Amiami sent today the emails for those that preordered the game. If you've received the email and paid it, they should ship your copy tomorrow.

I preordered yesterday afternoon so I'm probably on the bottom of the list of preorders.

Parakeetman

Only did like 30k, most people have never heard of it. Until it went up for free on PS+ earlier this year anyways.

With the constant stream of DLC model that they're doing here hopefully they won't make us pay a second time for a Burst version of GE2

I dont remember exactly since I have both the original UMD and GE Burst, but wasnt GE Burst standalone with the new story content and such and not DLC?

I cant remember if they offered some sort of upgrade for those who bought the original GE, since this was a long time ago. That and as mentioned never checked up on it since had the physical of GE.B too.

Seeing how they didnt localize the first God Eater till BURST came out makes me wonder what their plans are with this title.

Id imagine that they would work on getting this out quicker esp with how the Vita has been pushed hard by Sony for the PS4 launch and the need for more titles is there. I can only hope that indeed the December update will include online since if they put that in will most def help out a launch in the West even more.

Like pero said it sold about 30k in the US compared to 600,000 something in Japan. Seeing those numbers doesn't make me hopeful for a localized release. Regardless I'll get it somehow.

3Kaze

Shit, just noticed I chose SAL shipping. I'll get the game in 3 weeks i guess. And I hope they release the new demo soon.
Looks like it will be an easy plat trophy too.

I dont remember exactly since I have both the original UMD and GE Burst, but wasnt GE Burst standalone with the new story content and such and not DLC?

I cant remember if they offered some sort of upgrade for those who bought the original GE, since this was a long time ago. That and as mentioned never checked up on it since had the physical of GE.B too.

There were two different versions of God Eater Burst actually. One was more expensive, and included all the content from the original version of the game plus the Burst content.

The other was an append version which only included the new content and was significantly cheaper than the full package. I don't know if it required you to have the original game (I'm assuming this was the case), but basically it was like an expansion pack.

Parakeetman

There were two different versions of God Eater Burst actually. One was more expensive, and included all the content from the original version of the game plus the Burst content.

The other was an append version which only included the new content and was significantly cheaper than the full package. I don't know if it required you to have the original game (I'm assuming this was the case), but basically it was like an expansion pack.

Oh yeah I think I remember that actually. It was one of the first times I PSP game did that right? Man seriously been so long. Back on the PS2 similar to like what they did with the Persona 3 FES and the 2 versions? One was the expansion itself and other was full game + expansion right?

One thing is that the unopened copies of the original burst can fetch a pretty good price with collectors here for some reason.

I actually have like 4 copies of GE. The original, Burst, The Best and a digital version on the PSV lol

--

I need to see if my AVerMedia capture card can work with the PSV TV. If so can capture footage and such when everything arrives in a few hours.

Parakeetman

What were the preorder bonuses for the game?

*fuck I just realized I screwed up the 2nd bonus and wrote first print instead of pre-order. Fixing that now while kicking myself in the ass.

Check the OP its in there under the EXTRAS / DLC section.

The Gintama stuff was basically what came with the demo itself.

The extra costumes for the NPCs from the original game is for first print runs.

The original player fenrir outfit is the pre-order bonus.

There was something else I think, will snap off a photo when it arrives. But dont quote me on that yet. Need to check amazon.

Ken

Check the OP its in there under the EXTRAS / DLC section.

The Gintama stuff was basically what came with the demo itself.

is that a bonus for playing the demo or what?

also are there armor pieces in this game like monster hunter where armor has stats and stuff?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright. Where is the cheapest place I can import this baby while getting the first release bonuses? I know it's late to the party but I went back and forth of wanting to buy it or not way too much. =/ I know AmiAmi has it sort of low already. Anywhere else?

Parakeetman

is that a bonus for playing the demo or what?

also are there armor pieces in this game like monster hunter where armor has stats and stuff?

Yeah the gintama stuff is a bonus for having the demo.

The game itself the outfits have no stats that effect the player I do believe. but there are accessories which can be created / upgraded that help add skills / resistances. Though they do not appear on the character physically.

Its similar type of design if you are familiar with Phantasy Star Online series for example. Clothing is mainly cosmetic.

Alright. Where is the cheapest place I can import this baby while getting the first release bonuses? I know it's late to the party but I went back and forth of wanting to buy it or not way too much. =/ I know AmiAmi has it sort of low already. Anywhere else?

The only two I usually hear around these parts is AmiAmi and PlayAsia. Am sure other folks will chime in if there are different sources avail.

Yasumi

Banned

Amiami's probably going to be your best best. Some people have recommended Nippon-Yassan before, and they have it for $51.54.

kayos90

Alright guys... Famitsu DX version or the regular version?

Also, how much does EMS shipping tend to be on AmiAmi for a product of this size?

Parakeetman

Alright guys... Famitsu DX version or the regular version?

Also, how much does EMS shipping tend to be on AmiAmi for a product of this size?

I think the EMS shipping will depend more on the weight. Also whats your general geographical location?

If its the US for example an EMS of a VITA game in a small box can cost around 1500-2000 yen depending on the size of the box. Though EMS is most def the way to go if its from Japan to the US.

Err... not sure why it double posted...

It happens sometimes esp when its high traffic at GAF. Dont worry about it, Ive done it more times than Id like to remember during my time here D:
---

Will update the OT again in a bit, doing 10000 different things in the apartment currently so need more time to sit down and re-edit a bunch of stuff.

kayos90

I think the EMS shipping will depend more on the weight. Also whats your general geographical location?

If its the US for example an EMS of a VITA game in a small box can cost around 1500-2000 yen depending on the size of the box. Though EMS is most def the way to go if its from Japan to the US.

---

Will update the OT again in a bit, doing 10000 different things in the apartment currently so need more time to sit down and re-edit a bunch of stuff.

US.

While I understand voices I have a hard time reading things most of the time. How import-friendly is this?

Parakeetman

US.

While I understand voices I have a hard time reading things most of the time. How import-friendly is this?

The price given in my previous post is a rough estimate based off of myself sending items to the East Coast for example. Might vary up or down depending on how said company you order from packs the item.

Since you can understand voices it shouldnt be so bad for the spoken parts of the story. Other things like item names, quest objectives might be a little more difficult. But with how many people imported the previous titles am sure there will be some quality FAQs out in no time.

The most important one needed would be the FAQ on how to create useful bullets and such, since that is a pain in the ass without the ability to read the text.

Asides from that Id say the game is quite import friendly for the most part. And once again the game does have a pretty strong community from what Ive seen in the past with the PSP GE games and the types of FAQs that were in the wild.

Anything major from those list of changes?

I still have to look it over in depth and can try to answer, but if someone else in the mean time has the answers for this guy helping him out would be much appreciated!

Looking at some of the streams it seems that it's possible to change the clothing of your party members. Maybe just to specific outfits though since I've only seen them wear either the default outfit or the special squad one.

Jiraiza

I just went ahead and ordered GE2 at Nin-Nin Games. The DX pack one.

Guess I'll play through the first one soon(tm). I'm hype
for Alisa.

Parakeetman

Looking at some of the streams it seems that it's possible to change the clothing of your party members. Maybe just to specific outfits though since I've only seen them wear either the default outfit or the special squad one.

Its just specific outfits for the most part. Similar to in GE Burst where there were special DLC clothing sets they could equip. And in this game there is the First Print Edition original outfit bonus.

But in regards to like piece by piece, dont think they got that.

Parakeetman

Get hype!

WC0DOtG.jpg

Still havent opened it yet as need to finish up a bunch of other stuff currently D:

Top Bottom