• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Cyberia

For fans that need an incentive to revisit these masterpieces, each one has a full list of trophies rewarding your accomplishments. However, apart from the included God of War III demo, don’t expect anything in terms of new content. Thankfully, the old stuff is still good – the combat feels familiar without getting stale, and the visuals are classic but not outdated. Only cutscenes using the in-game engine stand out as strange; they weren’t redone to fit with the new crisp and clean graphics, resulting in grainy and terrible-looking breaks in the action, particularly in the first God of War.

Ultimately, this collection isn’t much more than the sum of its parts, but that is hardly a bad thing considering the quality of the parts. If you still haven’t played the God of War series, you aren’t just missing out on great games. You’re missing pieces of gaming history.

http://gameinformer.com/games/god_o.../sony-makes-an-offering-you-can-t-refuse.aspx

Combichristoffersen said:
They'll find a way to shit on us again, just you wait and see :(
:lol

Well, in their defense, they shat on you cause PAL's minimum requirement is already too high for this to make sense... :/

In terms of HD, it's all the same now... RELAX!!!! :) :D :p

-PXG-

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I'm kinda looking forward to reading 1st timers play this game, sorta like what happened with people who started playing the MGS series in the run up to MGS4. There are so many "OMFG" moments in these games, especially GOW2.

This will be my first time playing God of War...EVER (sans, the GOW 3 demo). I'm excited for tomorrow :D

AAK

TMoss said:
To be clear, it's 960x1080 mode scaled to 1920x1080. This is commonly known as half 1080 mode.

In my opinion, 720p displayed on a 1080p TV is more visually appealing. But depending on the crispness of your tv this might not always be true. So Bluepoint added it anyway.

Just here to say: you are awesome.

gogogow

The Asian version has a much and much better box art.

ouwd8n.jpg

Esperado

Man, Kratos has the best running animation ever. It kind of makes me think of the way a NFL linebacker moves. When I played Chains of Olympus all I couldn't help but stop and think, "Why would they mess with Kratos's run animation?" everytime I played the game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Gah, should I trade in Batman: Arkam for this? I beat batman and got nearly all the trophies, and it was awesome...don't really have the cash...would really love to get these two games even though I've already played them...decisions decisions.

Struct09 said:
Is this street dated for today, or does it ship out to retailers today? Anyone have it yet?

Went to Futureshop this morning and they said they expected it in later today. Looks like today is the ship date.

Struct09

DoctorWho said:
Went to Futureshop this morning and they said they expected it in later today. Looks like today is the ship date.

Yeah, kind of figured that would be the case. Amazon hasn't shipped my copy yet.

witness

chubigans said:
Gah, should I trade in Batman: Arkam for this? I beat batman and got nearly all the trophies, and it was awesome...don't really have the cash...would really love to get these two games even though I've already played them...decisions decisions.

This has 2 PLATINUM trophies, you know what to do......

Erebus

chubigans said:
Do you intend to get the platinum trophy for Batman? Unless you plan to do so, go ahead with the trade and get GoW.

Esperado said:
Man, Kratos has the best running animation ever. It kind of makes me think of the way a NFL linebacker moves. When I played Chains of Olympus all I couldn't help but stop and think, "Why would they mess with Kratos's run animation?" everytime I played the game.

This has bothered me for months! MONTHS! He runs like Jak in CoO, leading with his wrists and not with his elbows. Thanks for clearing that up!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DarkUSS said:
Do you intend to get the platinum trophy for Batman? Unless you plan to do so, go ahead with the trade and get GoW.
I've come to the conclusion that Platinum is impossible for me in Batman since getting perfect in all the challenges is crazy hard.

Alright, Kratos it is. :D

Rolf NB

AAK said:
Hey, it's a deathmatch style afair or horde muder and crap, I'm ok with it.

But Stay the **** away from the campaign.
Resistance 2 got a lot of piss flying its way because it did exactly that.

We truly are doomed.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
They should of put Ares and Big Papa Zeus in the cover, with Kratos facing both of them. But I'm not a game cover nazi, so it really doesn't bug me. Just an idea.

Majmun

My order status changed to "pre-shipped"
Don't know what the hell that means. I hope the game arrives before the weekend.

jvm

Gamasutra.
lastinline said:
My GameStop didn't have it today. Oo They said either later today or tomorrow.
I called a local GameStop just now and was told "bumped until tomorrow" (which is to say Wednesday 18 Nov). Anyone find it in a store? Best Buy or Wal-Mart or Target or...?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Philanthropist said:
Has axelmusic.com shipped to anyone? They say they have it available but there are no updates in the order.

Nope, the last update on my order reads:

Not released yet. Usually ships a few days before official releasedate (date/month): 17/11, or will be shipped immediately if stock is on hand.

No update today.

Top Bottom