• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Cheech

lastinline said:
Ugh, why did they push it to tomorrow? I was all excited to get it today. Oh well.

Yeah, I went to Gamestop today to buy this, and was annoyed it wasn't in. So, I picked up Left 4 Dead 2 instead.

seb

Banned
TMoss said:
To be clear, it's 960x1080 mode scaled to 1920x1080. This is commonly known as half 1080 mode.

In my opinion, 720p displayed on a 1080p TV is more visually appealing. But depending on the crispness of your tv this might not always be true. So Bluepoint added it anyway.

I can't believe the fact that Tim Moss is posting here goes mostly ignored.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making GOW the technological triumph that it is.
I'm not surprised, you were also the best programmer "back then" on atari imo. Oh and it's so cool that Santa Monica Studios are producing demos and releasing them on PSN, I bet you have something to do with that too. I'm looking forward to whatever you do next (after GOW3 that is :D ).

</FANMODE=OFF>

Madman

bcn-ron said:
Wow. That's terrible.
What? It wasn't that bad of a joke.
seb said:
"TMoss:
To be clear, it's 960x1080 mode scaled to 1920x1080. This is commonly known as half 1080 mode.

In my opinion, 720p displayed on a 1080p TV is more visually appealing. But depending on the crispness of your tv this might not always be true. So Bluepoint added it anyway."

I can't believe the fact that Tim Moss is posting here goes mostly ignored.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making GOW the technological triumph that it is.
I'm not surprised, you were also the best programmer "back then" on atari imo. Oh and it's so cool that Santa Monica Studios are producing demos and releasing them on PSN, I bet you have something to do with that too. I'm looking forward to whatever you do next (after GOW3 that is ).

</FANMODE=OFF>
I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 member of the God of War team that posts here somewhat regularly, but you would have to follow his blog to recognize it.

Struct09

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Anyone had their Amazon order ship? I've got nothing coming from my end, so far.

Mine hasn't even started processing yet. Delivery estimate is Friday, and I have two-day shipping (so will probably ship tomorrow).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Anyone had their Amazon order ship? I've got nothing coming from my end, so far.
My says expected shipping on 23 November. Kinda burns me, because I'll be out of town unless I bump it to next-day. :(

Talked to my GameStop again. They told me they don't know when it's coming out. I hope Sony updates us on what's going on. The game has gone gold already. I don't know what the problem is.

lastinline said:
Talked to my GameStop again. They told me they don't know when it's coming out. I hope Sony updates us on what's going on. The game has gone gold already. I don't know what the problem is.
Today is the ship date. Might reach your local stores today, might not. Your just experiencing the usual EB gamestop confusion.

DoctorWho said:
Today is the ship date. Might reach your local stores today, might not. Your just experiencing the usual EB gamestop confusion.
Ah, I see. Ship dates and release dates always confuse me. xD

Fady K

Crazy, i actually can't wait to play the first two again after God knows how many times I finished them! This is the PERFECT chance for the people new to the series, just in time for GoW III later :)

DoctorWho said:

If only they could give me my preorder today if this is the case...

I am going to call later.

Majmun

Second said:
My order status changed to "pre-shipped"
Don't know what the hell that means. I hope the game arrives before the weekend.

Correction:

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

:D :D :D

Getting shipped from Canada to Holland, though. I hope it arrives before the weekend.

DJ_Lae

I'm a filthy whore.

I said I wouldn't buy the game, I already own the first two on PS2 and have a backwards compatible PS3 that plays them just fine.

Ordered a copy from Dell, who had them $5 off. Somehow that meager sale was enough to get me to snap.

tanod

when is my burrito
DJ_Lae said:
I'm a filthy whore.

I said I wouldn't buy the game, I already own the first two on PS2 and have a backwards compatible PS3 that plays them just fine.

Ordered a copy from Dell, who had them $5 off. Somehow that meager sale was enough to get me to snap.

I traded both of my PS2 copies to GS for about $18 - $20 a month ago. Trade-in value was insanely good at my local store.

LowParry

tanod said:
I traded both of my PS2 copies to GS for about $18 - $20 a month ago. Trade-in value was insanely good at my local store.

That's what I did as well. Traded in the old, bringing in the new. And the bitch called me today to. So tomorrow it shall be mine!

dang, neither my GOW collection nor my them crooked vultures cd has shipped from amazon!

oh well, thats what i get for using saver shipping. not like i dont have other shit to do anyways.

pumped up about this collection and i can finally get rid of the ps2 versions i have! very hard to play through going from ps3/360 games :/

Spike

Oneself said:
It's releasing tomorrow in Canada ... I just went to the local EB/GS and it's been shipped today.

=(

Actually, no. It is only releasing tomorrow at EB. VGP has it in stock. Rogers has it in stock. Wal-Mart has it in stock.

My local store will have it tomorrow in Columbia SC. Thought this sucker would be mine today, and I ended up picking up Assassin's Creed Bloodlines for PSP! I guess I will have to put together some trades to get this one as money will be tight!

FHIZ

hmmm... just to be safe I'm going to change the amazon ship address to the place I'm going to be at for Thanksgiving.

Sigh, oh well.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Yay, "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed."

gogogow said:
ouwd8n.jpg

Ooo, I didn`t know that the Asian version was out already and it has a better cover. It will be the first time since the first Alundra that a game cover influenced a game purchase. lol

jorma

is now taking requests
Philanthropist said:
axelmusic is shipping now. I guess it won't be here before next week, but still... :D

Mine isnt shipped yet. And browsing other forums it looks like people who recently placed their order are getting theirs, while the ones who placed the order over a month ago (like me!) have to wait. Sort of pisses me off :X

TheShampion said:
Ooo, I didn`t know that the Asian version was out already and it has a better cover. It will be the first time since the first Alundra that a game cover influenced a game purchase. lol

I also got the Asian version (from Yesasia), after the $5 off coupon it came to even cheaper than if I were to purchase it in Canada... so all is good. :D

FHIZ

Its just strange because last night when I went to bed it was definitely still estimated for November 25th, now for some reason it just changed? Gah who knows.

Struct09

Darkness said:
Trying to decide between this and AC2. Never played GOW before. hmmm

Get this. Both God of War games for $40 is a great deal, and AC2 will drop in price eventually (this coming from someone who just bought AC2).

TheExodu5

Banned
Darkness said:

If you've never played GoW before, the choice is easy. If you have played GoW...then I'd still say go for it. :lol

If my local store doesn't have my pre-order at 5pm I will protest by having a silent candle light vigil. Then I might cry and stomp my feet like child. Any body have their copy yet?

Spike

Darkness said:

There is no decision to be made. God of War Collection all the way. If history repeats, AC2 will drop down to $40 within the next 2 months anyways.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My copy has been shipped off from AxelMusic and is on its way! I don't expect it until next week, though.

Yay, Member status acquired! Sorry for OT, I'm just a bit excited. ;)

Top Bottom