• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection (Vita) |OT| Kratos in yo pocket at upscaled 544p

What is this?

The inifinite orb harpy trick. Harpies give XP when the die then bounce off the ground. This exploit has you kill a harpy in mid-air then get underneath as you attach to that climbable wall. The Harpy bounces inifinitely on Kratos' head and gives inifite XP. Leave the game on for a few hours and you'll have enough XP max out all your gear. The harpy death scream is a squealing pig sound effect so change the source or mute the TV.

The blade of Artemis is not useless alternating /\,O gives a combo with no end and allows infinite stunlock. The hermes attacks are also good as it allows Kratos reset his Blade combo, or maintain a combo after a L1 special.

Redhood

I do not know how but the trophies started showing in the trophy app now. Lets hope they pop also. Will start GOW 1 again.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The beams above the Hades room in GoW1 ... what an awful section. Finally got through it, but by far the worst section of this game so far. The boulders are pretty atrocious as well. :p

Still, I'm about to finish up my hard difficulty run through GoW1 and will probably platinum after that, provided the challenges don't make my aneurysm throb too badly.

Jazzem

Shame to hear the image quality is bad, sounds like the same problem with the Metal Gear HD collection on the Vita =/ What's the point of a collection highlighting the picture quality in its title when it's so poor?

Jazzem

Whaaaat? That seemed absolutely fine to me.

To be fair it might not be as bad as the GOW collection (don't know myself as I haven't played that), but I was disappointed when I booted MGS HD up...it's clearly not native res and suffers a lot as a result. To be fair, I'm sure getting 60fps MGS2 on the Vita was no easy task but it was really off-putting to me.

Shame to hear the image quality is bad, sounds like the same problem with the Metal Gear HD collection on the Vita =/ What's the point of a collection highlighting the picture quality in its title when it's so poor?

Metal Gear HD collection on Vita was a great port, besides the lack of Peace Walker

Ridley327

MGS HD looks substantially better than GoW1 does on this.

Flandy

MGS Collection was really bad. Sure the Frame Rate was weird in MGS2 and it was subnative but it actually had some effort put into it. MGS collection looks like Gods gift to Vita owners in comparison to the GoW collection

GoW collection image quality is indeed kinda dissapointing. however its still refreshing how good and charming GoW 1 is in comparison to later entries. you really can see that it is from another era of gaming in some sections and in others you see that it was the gateway to a new age.

FranXico

The beams above the Hades room in GoW1 ... what an awful section. Finally got through it, but by far the worst section of this game so far. The boulders are pretty atrocious as well. :p

Still, I'm about to finish up my hard difficulty run through GoW1 and will probably platinum after that, provided the challenges don't make my aneurysm throb too badly.

I have some bad news for you... :p

HT UK

I seem to remember playing GOW 1 HD awhile ago via PS3 Remote Play.

Playing this collection last night & noticing the blurriness made me think, is there even any image quality boost to playing it natively on the Vita :p

The in-game graphics aren't that bad, really. The cutscenes, though? They should have paid me $30 to play the game with cutscenes that ugly.

Gerah X

Anybody else having problems with the trophies not unlocking? I have the digital versions and when i first started everything was fine and unlocked about 12 trophies. On my second play session two days later i noticed i caught the oracle with 10 seconds to spare and didn't unlock. On top of that i noticed that didn't get a trophy for the Zeus Fury power. What gives?

Anybody else having problems with the trophies not unlocking? I have the digital versions and when i first started everything was fine and unlocked about 12 trophies. On my second play session two days later i noticed i caught the oracle with 10 seconds to spare and didn't unlock. On top of that i noticed that didn't get a trophy for the Zeus Fury power. What gives?

A lot of people are having this problem. In my case the trophy list won't even install whatsoever! I'm waiting for a patch to even bother playing the game, honestly. I'm glad I got the digital version for free because if I'd paid for it I'd be pretty pissed.

OK, just beat part one, trophies quit unlocking apparently. Bummer. Is this only happening to those of us who got it "free", or what?

ILoveBish

I started playing with GOW1, and im about 45 min into the game. The framerate at times is pretty bad, but for the most part, its god of war. Im enjoying it, although maybe wait for a good deal on it.

Noi

Beat the game on Spartan and cleared the Challenge of the Gods. I've been working on the 5 hour speedrun all day today but the game glitched on me on the very first elevator in the Cliffs of Madness, where for whatever reason the prompt to grab onto the elevator level doesn't respond. I suck it might be related to me using the Dairy Bastard costume.

I'm so so upset right now. I had no problems with the weird audio and occasional visual iffiness, but my progress in something utterly ruined doesn't quite thrill me. Thankfully, I made a backup save not too earlier so I can see if reloading the place again doesn't fix it.

Edit: Noticed that I also couldn't use the rear touch pad in a different area with the old save, so I restarted the whole system and now it works. This game is buggy as hell, man.

Edit 2:

14197414914_228b71e5bd_z.jpg

huzzah. Think I'm gonna take a bit of a break before going into God of War 2 though, dealing with these two back to back runs has been kind of a headache. Dairy Bastard screenshots make me feel better at least.

ILoveBish

Had a few moments where it hit single digit framerate. Its a sloppy port (at least gow1 is), but overall it plays pretty good and im still enjoying myself.

Noi

Yeah, God of War 2 is faring much better than 1 did. Way less "blurry", more stable framerate, none of the trophy glitches from the first game, etc. Audio is still a bit iffy, but I can live without it. The weapon/spell menu is kinda sluggish though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I guess Call of Duty Ghosts OT was a source of inspiration?

Anyway, I'll take from OP that this is a pretty wonky port that I should stay away from?

I already have a Kratos in my pocket, if you know what I mean..

Flandy

I guess Call of Duty Ghosts OT was a source of inspiration?

Anyway, I'll take from OP that this is a pretty wonky port that I should stay away from?

I already have a Kratos in my pocket, if you know what I mean..

I had seen the Call of Duty OT but it didn't even cross my mind when I made this. I only made this OT on a whim when someone suggested I make once when I pointed out we didn't have one. Made it in like 20 or 30 mins lol.

Noi

Bn6E5aTIcAAjoCj.jpg

and that's that. Watching the ending to II kinda put me in the mood to go play III... It's been yeaaaars since I've done so.

It's an inoffensive port with some issues that's by no means worse than any of the other HD ports the Vita's gotten. The games are perfectly playable and I could still suggest the collection to someone who hasn't played the games before. I feel like a lot of the complaints are really overblown, especially when it comes to God of War II. I can be iffy at times, I'll give them that.

Noi

Need some suggestions on hard difficulty Kratos vs Kratos horde battle. I'm dying here. :(

Do you have:

Maxed out Blades of Chaos?
Maxed out Army of Hades?
Maxed out Poseidon's Rage?

If any of those are negatives, pray for a miracle.

Otherwise, you're gonna have to abuse the living hell out of magic. I found myself using Poseidon's Rage a lot more than Army of Hades, simply due to it costing way less magic to use. Remember that, at max BoC level, Rage of the Gods gives you infinite magic as long as you have the visible MP to cast it. One thing I did was use Rage of the Gods early, spamming Army of Hades / Poseidon's Rage while AoH was active, then using Poseidon's Rage sparingly. If you're out of magic, use simple Plume of Prometheus attacks towards the middle of the arena. If done right, you should be able to build enough Rage to get a second Rage of the Gods in before the fight is done. Even with all this, it's still a really BS fight that may require you to get lucky a few times.

Need some suggestions on hard difficulty Kratos vs Kratos horde battle. I'm dying here. :(

1. use Rage at the start of the fight, Use Rage of Poseidon repeatedly as soon as you activate rage, then as your rage is about to deplete use Army of Hades
2. [],[],/\.... a lot, it has a radial area of effect centered somewhere between the blades and Kratos, it can knock enemies off their feet and if you can get a good rhythm you can go almost the whole fight.
3. During the fight if Lysandra, and Calliope take damage immediately hug them, this restore their HP, and fills your Rage meter.
4.After a hug Use posiedon's rage , but most importantly, leave enough MP to cast Army of Hades at least once.
5. Once your Rage meter is full repeat the step one

jvm

Gamasutra.
Great tips guys. I start the battle with like 80% magic, so I may have to go back to the first part with Ares and try to come in with 100% magic. Otherwise, I've got maxed Blades, maxed Army, but one level short on Poseidon. :(

And, yes, this game has so many crap sections. The blades above the statue of Hades. The rods and columns of blades in Hades itself. This battle. Just garbage... hoping that my memory of God of War II won't be too sullied by replaying it.

ILoveBish

I just got to the sewers of athens in GOW1 and the framerate in certain sections takes a HUGE hit, when there are much more demanding area that has a perfect framerate. Just nutty. I am still having fun with it.

krae_man

Man I hate the touch controls. I keep accidentally switching between the blades of chaos and that sword thing.

Anyway, been working on the Challenge of the Gods for like 3 days now. Made it to the final challange. FUCK THOSE GOAT BASTARDS! They piss me off so much. No matter what I do, I seem to go flying off the platform for seemingly no reason.

ILoveBish

I just finished god of war 1 on vita, and the port is actually pretty damn impressive. The first 1/4 of the game performs the worst, the rest is really really good and holds in incredibly well. Gonna take a break before i start god of war 2.

Also, it looks like i got 0 trophies for the game? Is there a glitch?

krae_man

Finally finished the last challenge of the gods. You just have to get lucky with those goat bastards. Just have to do a under 5 hours play through which I'm already passed the rings, and intentionally die a lot at some point.

Easy fun platinums are the best.

oggob

First up, Vita trophy issues, there is a work around.

1) Start / Load the game.
2) Go to the trophies app (via ps-button, without shutting game down)
3) In local trophies mode, use the Sync with the Server option.
4) Go back to the game and start playing.

Once this is done, you should be good until you close the game down. (Suspend/Resume or Sleep Mode doesn't count)

Meaning full close, or if you play something else, when you return to GOW, you will have to repeat the process.

----------------------------

Finished God Of War over the weekend, I didn't experience many issues with the game, it is completely serviceable and also had no major dramas with the controls. I'd say mapping Back-Touch to interactions was pointless though.

It has been a while since I've either played the PS2 original or the PS3 HD version, but everything about the Vita version is what I remember of the game. The Vita does look to be a touch more inconsistent though, primarily with cutscenes, but some of the finer details are still there (floor reflections in shiny rooms).

IMO alot of the "bad" from the original is due to it being the first in the series, on a new (not as optimised as it could be) engine. having started GOWII this morning, Vita port of not, the sequel just looks miles better than the original in every possible way. Just as it was when it first released, we all couldn't believe the PS2 was capable of pushing out something like that.

On top of that, then being treated to what GOWIII looked like, I believe we all just subconsciously elevated the original a few pegs higher, which is also a testament to the developers on the progress they made from game to game.

The Rings Of Pandora / Pandora's Temple is such an amazing and complex level design, that just happens to be carried on the back of a Titan.

Currently, I'm an hour into GOWII... still one of the greatest openings to a game ever. Rhodes colossus aside, not 10mins later, I'm riding Pegasus into and around the lair of a Titan and I'm making my way to fight him. Glorious!

Thiago Santos

Neo Member
hello guys, i'm now playing GOW2 on Vita and the trophy SHAKY GROUND glitched for me! I have done all that you say: restart vita, dont standy by, delete the game, redownload, play without pause and this trophy dont pop after I win Atlas, do anyone have this problem?

i think i will have to play again from begining withou pres the HOME button, isn´t is?

thanks guys

Extremely late to the party, but just bought a PS4 and am interested in the God of War 3 remaster. Having missed out on the first 2 God of War games, would you recommend picking this up, or is it really as bad as the OP suggests? Found it on sale for £10 locally.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Extremely late to the party, but just bought a PS4 and am interested in the God of War 3 remaster. Having missed out on the first 2 God of War games, would you recommend picking this up, or is it really as bad as the OP suggests? Found it on sale for £10 locally.
For £10, I'd go for it. I'm just now getting my platinum in GoW2 on PSV, and it's pretty great.

Probably going for the platinum in the GoW3 remaster...

Top Bottom