• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection (Vita) |OT| Kratos in yo pocket at upscaled 544p

$h@d0w

I'm sure all 9 people in Asia who bought it are just going to eat up this western game

SCEA is probably thinking that for the Vita TV to succeed in the west and be distinctive, it has to put up a fight against the huge library of games that the Apple TV / cheap Android box offer. The market is already saturated with cheap movie & shovelware players but where can you play PlayStation games but PlayStation hardware.

They need to get their flagship exclusive franchises up and running first. Right now they have Uncharted Golden Abyss, Sly Collection and God of War Collection which are all big games in the west. Stuff like Soul Sacrifice and Miku (both Vita TV compatible) do well for Japan but not for the West

One of the marketing angles that the Vita TV was using is the fact that it offers a large back catalogue of games for the person/family who just wants nostalgia in the form of PS1 classics. Games like God of War are basically oldies now and they fit this category of game.

This game is clearly not directly aimed at the type of user that has a Vita right now, because they are generally hardcore gamers that have already played God of War several times already. It's about building the software catalogue for the impending Vita TV launch.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hmm, I tried taking advantage of the PS Plus trial exploit the other day and when I went to download it I was prompted with a "you are not elegible to purchase or download this content", but now both the PS3 and Vita versions are free for me. :eek:

It's Vita TV compatible:

000_1.png

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/vcjs15008.html

Honestly surprised with this one. Thanks for the link.
Reason I didn't expect that it works because I have the physical R3 version which usually lists Vita TV compatibility on the box (seeing how the console is out in Asia after all), but this one doesn't state anything. Well good to know it works.

Hubble

Anyone know how to change the difficulty in game? I started the game on hard to trophy hunt and now I don't care no more and want it on normal. I know you can on the PS2 version

It is very strange that Borderlands II, by all accounts a significantly more demanding game, is a better port than this. It allows that it's all about how much Sony is willing to invest.

It is very strange that Borderlands II, by all accounts a significantly more demanding game, is a better port than this. It allows that it's all about how much Sony is willing to invest.

I think they have slightly more to gain with Borderlands II. I mean, in that it's the unexpected acquisition of a third party title, and (sadly) probably one of the biggest third party titles we'll get on Vita.

I don't even get the logic behind randomly downporting the HD collections, especially if they're going to put zero effort into it. What can I say, I hope the rumored Ratchet trilogy port is of a much higher calibre.

Orlov

I started GoW 1, and saying that I'm disappointed by the graphics would be an understatement.

So. Much. Blur.

Takao

Banned
The frame rate when you're in the sewers of Athens tanks to the teens.

Please Sony, when you announce the Ico + Shadow of the Colossus Collection for Vita, get Bluepoint, Hexa Drive or M2 to do the port. Allow them to go back to the PS2 code as well. The world cannot handle 2fps SOTC.

Noi

It took a bit of getting used to, but ive been having fun replaying GoW1 again. The Blade of Artemis is still useless, but I do like that you can swap between it and the Blades of Chaos just by tapping the screen vs the way you do it on consoles. On the other hand, the Hermes attacks being tied to an on-screen button kinda sucks, but I never use them anyway.

Also, great to see that this still works.

13954375488_2e87e3c857_c.jpg

tensuke

Playing GoW 1 and it's not too bad...It's blurry as heck which sucks but it's manageable. And hey, it's God of War on the go which is pretty neat. Definitely not as good a port as MGS or P4G, but it's decent for what it is.

This game is BLURRY

It took a bit of getting used to, but ive been having fun replaying GoW1 again. The Blade of Artemis is still useless, but I do like that you can swap between it and the Blades of Chaos just by tapping the screen vs the way you do it on consoles. On the other hand, the Hermes attacks being tied to an on-screen button kinda sucks, but I never use them anyway.

Also, great to see that this still works.

13954375488_2e87e3c857_c.jpg
What is this?

Playing this for the first time ever. I think the blue bar is for magic (lightning attack), but what does the red bar mean?

Goddamn this is a terrible port. People weren't kidding. Playing God of War 2 right now and you know what bothers me the most? The menus. They look like crap and super cheap. Like they didn't event bother trying. They're also so damn slow.

Flandy

Goddamn this is a terrible port. People weren't kidding. Playing God of War 2 right now and you know what bothers me the most? The menus. They look like crap and super cheap. Like they didn't event bother trying. They're also so damn slow.
The video someone posted a few posts above of the glitch in the PS2 version looks better than this new Vita port :lol

LaNaranja

I was looking thinking about picking this up. God of War 2 is the best game in the series. Damn shame to hear about this. Apparently the Jak and Daxter ports are also poop right? Sony is really dropping the ball with these Vita ports. So much waisted potential. :(

God of war 1 is not even showing in the trophy list.

Yeah this is happening to me too, it won't even show up.

I'm just going to play Borderlands 2 instead and hopefully they patch the game a bit (at least the trophy issues) before I'm done with that. Though I can't complain too much since I got it for free via that PSN glitch on Tuesday.

I was looking thinking about picking this up. God of War 2 is the best game in the series. Damn shame to hear about this. Apparently the Jak and Daxter ports are also poop right? Sony is really dropping the ball with these Vita ports. So much waisted potential. :(

Yup, if they're going to be this bad why even bother. Feels like a quick money grab which is exactly what this is.

For anyone who's played both, how bad is the Jak pport compared to this?

Yup, if they're going to be this bad why even bother. Feels like a quick money grab which is exactly what this is.

For anyone who's played both, how bad is the Jak pport compared to this?

I only played the first hour of God of War so take that into account when I say this, but the GoW collection is not nearly as bad as the Jak Collection from what I played.

Jak 1 in the Jak collection was mostly okay...imperfect but okay. Jak 2 was worse, but still not bad in confined levels. Outdoor levels got pretty bad though.

Jak 3 though? Woo boy. That game was at 20 FPS or lower at ALL times. Really, really bad. Nothing I saw in God of War even touched that.

I only played the first hour of God of War so take that into account when I say this, but the GoW collection is not nearly as bad as the Jak Collection from what I played.

Jak 1 in the Jak collection was mostly okay...imperfect but okay. Jak 2 was worse, but still not bad in confined levels. Outdoor levels got pretty bad though.

Jak 3 though? Woo boy. That game was at 20 FPS or lower at ALL times. Really, really bad. Nothing I saw in God of War even touched that.

Damn. I'm still pissed about that because I really wanted to play them on Vita. Thanks for the info man

Corpsepyre

Banned
Did anyone else intentionally jump off of the rotating pillars in Hades so they can do them again? I know I did back in 2005. Several times. Was a blast.

Hubble

Honestly, I don't think this game should even be sold as it is on Vita. The blurriness is just really bad and ruins the fundamental experience. You cant even look at the game with clarity while playing. This is in effect broken compared to all other normal games.

Ridley327

It's stretched on PS3 as well, so I wouldn't count on it.

It's been stretched since the PS2 version. GoW1 isn't even running in actual widescreen, as all the game does is crop it to 16:9. Done for performance reasons, of course, but it's always been a rather ghetto solution.

Top Bottom