• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök PC system requirements revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
God of War Ragnarök is coming to PC* on September 19. To prepare you for your journey back into the Nine Realms, check out the system requirements below.

53894219642_152e9d00da_k.jpg

**Native Resolution. No upscaling technology was used.

Graphics Technology

We’re also happy to confirm that God of War Ragnarök on PC supports all major graphics card manufacturer technologies, including:

• Nvidia DLSS 3.7
  • AMD FSR 3.1
  • Intel XeSS 1.3
  • Frame generation for all technologies utilizing that feature

These technologies will allow you to play at higher resolutions with superior framerates on all types of hardware.

Inhabiting the Nine Realms are a vast array of diverse locations and creatures. From the lush jungles of Vanaheim to the snowy mountains of Midgard, a beautiful world awaits you!

Pre-purchase God of War Ragnarök on PC to get access to the Kratos Risen Snow Armor and Atreus Risen Snow Tunic (cosmetic)***

***Unlock in-game items via story progression.

Last edited:

Skifi28

190gb!? I hope that's the disk space required and not the actual size of the game. I believe it was a little less than 100 on ps5 and that's with the DLC.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Requisites seem reasonable, aside from the size and the PSN account being mandatory.

winjer

Gold Member
It all makes since, GPU wise, until ultra. Where they recommend a 4070Tiand a 7900XTX.
So this setting will probably have a good amount of Ray-tracing.

T4keD0wN

Ryzen 2700x should run it better than ryzen 3600
Nice to see good multi-threading optimization. Could use some context on why it says 190gb, could that be with all language files or is it with a texture pack?
System requirements really need to start including outcomes if DLSS or FSR are enabled.
The image says its for native, it should run amazingly with frame gen and upscaling. Could roughly estimate double the performance if you enable both.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I would agree but it's sadly the soy boy era of Sony that we're getting.

I'd kill to get all the goodies up to the end of the PS3 era.
Yeah, tons of cool games still stuck there. Thank God for emulation.

clarky

Gold Member
I looked at that 190 GB on SSD over and over again, trying to see if that was a real 1 or not. ha!

Can't be.

Must be the preload and unpacking requirements or something. Game is half the size. Unless its that pesky magic SSD of the PS at play once again.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It all makes since, GPU wise, until ultra. Where they recommend a 4070Tiand a 7900XTX.
So this setting will probably have a good amount of Ray-tracing.
I doubt there is any more ray tracing than the console version.
Have they announced any ray-tracing features for the PC port?
Don't think there will be. I did hear that there is a form of ray tracing on PS5, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

bbeach123

Ryzen 2700x should run it better than ryzen 3600
Nice to see good multi-threading optimization. Could use some context on why it says 190gb

The image says its for native, it should run amazingly with frame gen and upscaling.
Seem like a typo , 3600 actually have better multi core perf than 2700x (miniscule but still) .

Gaiff

Not necessarily more, but rather higher resolution.
And of course, the RT API on PC is significantly slower than on the PS5.
What form of RT on PS5 does it even use anyway? I only ever played it on PS4 and no tech outlet really touched upon it. I think it was either a form of reflections or shadows. Can't remember which.

winjer

Gold Member
What form of RT on PS5 does it even use anyway? I only ever played it on PS4 and no tech outlet really touched upon it. I think it was either a form of reflections or shadows. Can't remember which.

I thought it did. But it really doesn't.
Hopefully the PC version will support it.

Gaiff

I thought it did. But it really doesn't.
Hopefully the PC version will support it.
I think it might have, but it's not something obvious. There was a post on beyond3d about how it was used, but this was during some dev conference you needed to pay to attend. I'll look if I can find it. Not many people knew and it wasn't anything huge either.

I think it might have, but it's not something obvious. There was a post on beyond3d about how it was used, but this was during some dev conference you needed to pay to attend. I'll look if I can find it. Not many people knew and it wasn't anything huge either.
I remember it being a hybrid RT reflection solution being used on the indoor environments, but I'll have to dig it back up again.

A.Romero

I remember this game being a looker (I enjoyed it quite a bit but didn't play it as much as the first one) but this looks pretty good.

Not sure if I'd play it again... My older kid is curious about the game and I don't have the PS5 disc anymore so it could be a good opportunity.

winjer

Gold Member
Kraken, baybee.

The PS4 doesn't have the same compression as the PS5, and still only used 100GB.
90GB of data is a lot. Maybe the game has some high resolution textures added for the PC version, but still, that would not justify such difference.
And yes, there are also data compression technologies used on the PC.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean, I'm kinda excited for this...but it seems like not many folks like this game. What seems to be the issue?

nowhat

And yes, there are also data compression technologies used on the PC.
Sure, but they always use some CPU and/or GPU resources. Whereas Kraken on PS5 is basically "free" due to dedicated hardware. So it may be the PC version has more uncompressed assets.

...but this is me talking from my ass, I'm not a game dev. Not even a Forbes analyst (although I think I could qualify as one).

winjer

Gold Member
Sure, but they always use some CPU and/or GPU resources. Whereas Kraken on PS5 is basically "free" due to dedicated hardware. So it may be the PC version has more uncompressed assets.

...but this is me talking from my ass, I'm not a game dev. Not even a Forbes analyst (although I think I could qualify as one).

But we already know the difference between compressed and uncompressed data in this game. It's 20GB, the difference between the PS4 and the PS5 version.
So there has to be more to why the PC version uses 90GB more than even the PS4 version.

Gaiff

But we already know the difference between compressed and uncompressed data in this game. It's 20GB, the difference between the PS4 and the PS5 version.
So there has to be more to why the PC version uses 90GB more than even the PS4 version.
I would assume the PS4 and PS5 versions aren't 1:1. Doesn't the PS5 have much higher resolution textures for one? That alone should account for a few GBs.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I would assume the PS4 and PS5 versions aren't 1:1. Doesn't the PS5 have much higher resolution textures for one? That alone should account for a few GBs.

The PS5 version had improved textures with a Neural Network upscaler.
But from what I understand, the upscaling was done during runtime. Not stored in disk.

Top Bottom