• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded |OT| For Wii, James? No, in HD

Just out of curiosity, what are the changes from the Wii to the HD versions? Wasn't there problems with the demos of the HD version early on? Slowdown or frame problems? How does the final game compare to the Wii version?

And is the new content anything that the Wii version would "miss"?

Just out of curiosity, what are the changes from the Wii to the HD versions? Wasn't there problems with the demos of the HD version early on? Slowdown or frame problems? How does the final game compare to the Wii version?

And is the new content anything that the Wii version would "miss"?

Well to start Eurocom built a brand new engine that runs at 60 fps. To me that made all the difference in choosing the HD version over the Wii. Shadows are better, there are more particle effects, and aiming feels nice and smooth.

They also made minor changes to the gameplay. Enemies are now always shown on the radar. The final boss encounter plays out differently. In this case worst then the Wii counterpart. There's also an added a spec ops mode, and expanded multiplayer with new maps and skins. Finally there's trophy support for your achievement hunters.

Well to start Eurocom built a brand new engine that runs at 60 fps. To me that made all the difference in choosing the HD version over the Wii. Shadows are better, there are more particle effects, and aiming feels nice and smooth.

They also made minor changes to the gameplay. Enemies are now always shown on the radar. The final boss encounter plays out differently. In this case worst then the Wii counterpart. There's also an added a spec ops mode, and expanded multiplayer with new maps and skins. Finally there's trophy support for your achievement hunters.

Thanks. :)

I watched reviews, and one mentioned that there is a special timed mode of sorts that was removed in the HD version, any comment on that?

Also, the Wii engine was made from Extraction's engine, but I also read it used the Infinity Ward Engine that was also used in MW Reflex and WAW Wii prior. Is the latter part true?

ksdixon

I've heard people compare this game to Splinter Cell Conviction. Is it anything like that game when using a regular 360 controller?

Picked this up used for the PS3, as I was bored and heard that Reloaded's split-screen multiplayer was better. It's nice to play the game at 60 frames, and it's awesome to see that customizable loadouts are in split-screen multiplayer.

Single player's as good as it was before, just a lot smoother now. Still don't care for the endgame boss battle or the QTE's, but it was still fun. I just wish that the Janus emblems had an actual use, maybe classic cheats like Invincibility or Infinite Ammo. Missed opportunity there.

As for online multiplayer, I can't really say anything except that it's awful. The framerate gives me flashbacks of GoldenEye on the N64, and the lag's infuriating. The maps are also crowded as hell. Should've just stuck to 4v4, honestly.

Great FPS, if you need a good single player campaign, or a nice split-screen game. I'd avoid online play in public matches, but I haven't tested smaller amounts in private matches. Hopefully, it's much better.

Top Bottom