• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Gonna be worth tuning into the Xbox Tokyo game show stream next week" says Tom Warren

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Damn, XBOX is back, guys.
Happy Logan Paul GIF by DAZN

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Looking at the Phil Spencer announcement. That's just some announcement for the show. Then Tom tweets "Gonna be worth...bla bla", then the thread title "Big announcement".

Uhm...sorry but based on what? Phil isn't teasing anything big in this video at all. But sure, they might have something.

ManaByte

Sakaguchi returns for Lost Odyssey 2

MS has bought the Am2 branding from SEGA and has hired Yu Suzuki.

Last edited:
Now how would he know what they would reveal?

Another of the Spencer kiss arse brigade peddling the narrative

I’ll take a few guesses

A former PlayStation console exclusive on Gamepass?

More already available games on other platforms such as Switch /Playsation finally coming to Xbox and yes, game pass?

Ahhh, hardware? More hardware teased , we’ve been here quite a few times before

Another limited edition controller too?

Game pass?

Don’t forget it’s on Gamepass

Are you subscribed to Gamepass?

Teams, community, choice, more players etc etc

Whatever it is nothing significantly changes for the better with that toad and his lackeys leading the way.

They messed up many times and resorted to devaluing the console so they can recoup their losses, using their slime ball social media clan to push narratives about the reputation of consoles and their communities to make them look like they are ahead of the curve. Twats.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Looking at the Phil Spencer announcement. That's just some announcement for the show. Then Tom tweets "Gonna be worth...bla bla", then the thread title "Big announcement".

Uhm...sorry but based on what? Phil isn't teasing anything big in this video at all. But sure, they might have something.

Nextbox shadow drop avaialble at all retailers the day after the show. Xbox's attempts at emulating SEGA's death.

StereoVsn

Sega / Square content on Xbox / GP.

MGS Vol 2 announcement ?
This would be more “good, but kind of expected” though. I can’t see even say Metaphor on GamePass being a big announcement.

Edit: Same with FFVIIR and XVI coming to Xbox. It would be interesting but not particularly exciting announcement.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This would be more “good, but kind of expected” though. I can’t see even say Metaphor on GamePass being a big announcement.

Metaphor is around 3 ~weeks away, I doubt it gets announced for GP this close. Maybe 6, 9 months post-release.

StereoVsn

Metaphor is around 3 ~weeks away, I doubt it gets announced for GP this close. Maybe 6, 9 months post-release.
Well, yeah, but that’s my point. Even if it was announced it’s coming for GamePass at release, it still wouldn’t be a big announcement.

Got to be either new IP, a big remake or big hardware announcement.

nowhat

even though Sarah bond is a fluent speaker.
O RLY?
You know, one of the things I really love about the gaming industry is that it's a creative art form, and it means that the situation and what successes for each game and studio is also really unique", Bond said. The executive then continued by saying that Xbox is looking at the bigger picture when making decisions like this. "There's no one size fits all to it for us [Xbox Game Studios e.g. Microsoft]. And so we look at each studio, each game team, and we look at a whole variety of factors when we're faced with making decisions and trade-offs like that. But it all comes back to our long-term commitment to the games we create, the devices we build, the surfaces, and ensuring that we're setting ourselves up to deliver on those promises.

I'm not sure if she's fluent in English, let alone in Japanese.

Last edited:
Persona 6? Its been rumoured to reveal soon and Microsoft has been paying a lot of money to reveal and promote Atlus games (that go on to sell 95% of their copies on other platforms)

Last edited:

Thabass

Real guess: Final Fantasy VII Remake Trilogy / FFXVI coming to Xbox
Fake guess: All Japanese Xbox titles and studios are cancelled/closed and everyone loses their jobs.

Top Bottom