• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye PSP, it was nice to meet you NDS

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Introducing the latest Ben's devilspawn. The NESP.

NESp%20by%20hand%20BIG.jpg

http://www.benheck.com/Games/Project 42 Page.htm

-Takes original NES cartridges. (Be sure to blow on them, of course!)
-Display measures 5" diagonal - the largest screen I've ever put in a portable
-Runs off a cheap rechargeable remote-controlled car battery pack (About $25 for battery and charger at Radio Shack)
-Play time is about 2.5 hours on a full charge using Ni-MH type cells.
-Has Player 2 controller port so you can play Contra and Super Tecmo Bowl with friends
-Size is 9.25" x 5.75" x 1.75"
-Weight - About 1.5 lbs with battery and cartridge

And you can even use it to crack some nuts.

Bow down.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
And it fits right in your pocket! (rippppp)

Seriously, while it's neat, NES emulation for the GBA is running pretty well these days...

belgurdo

Banned
Game Axe, those adapters they sell on Asian trading sites, flash carts for the GBA...why should we be excited about this one?

cs060mk2

I like all his previous work. He has made some stunning handhelds in the past. Those of you who do not like this can go back to your PS1 and play Tekken1 and feel nostalgic.

belgurdo

Banned
cs060mk2 said:
I like all his previous work. He has made some stunning handhelds in the past. Those of you who do not like this can go back to your PS1 and play Tekken1 and feel nostalgic.

So not caring about someone's fan project makes us not long-time gamers now?

aoi tsuki

Considering the fact that he made this himself, i'd say it's awesome. Like his other projects, a lot of planning went into this. You don't even have to remove the batteries to switch carts!. Not exactly practical with several portables emulating NES games, but still kickass.

BenT

belgurdo said:
Game Axe, those adapters they sell on Asian trading sites, flash carts for the GBA...why should we be excited about this one?
But those products all suck. This might not.

Plus come on, the guy's talented.

neptunes

NESp%20by%20hand%20rear.jpg

NESp%20by%20hand%20battery.jpg

This gives you 11.5 volts at full charge, which is kind of more than you need, but oh well. Like I said - they're cheap batteries. These are the 1600mAH Ni-MH, the older style Ni-CD's are only about 1000mAH. The NESp consumes about 700mAH of electric juice. There is also an AUX POWER IN jack to use a wall adapter.

Top Bottom