• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

goodcow's old sega news archive now has its associated picture files uploaded

goodcow

80,000 or so file uploads later, the old Sega news archive I put up months ago now has all of their pictures uploaded as well, so the amount of dead images for the articles has been cut down drastically. (some are still dead due to Unix server file differences, but I uploaded them all as lower case, so the vast majority should work fine)

http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/games/news-archive/index/index.htm

Google has also seemingly indexed most of it as well, so this huge wealth of information is readily searchable.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Good job GC :D

Liking the rest of the site too...although, reading the archived GA 9/11 thread is just...sureal... :(

DCX

DCX
Mr Pockets said:

Liking the rest of the site too...although, reading the archived GA 9/11 thread is just...sureal... :(
where is the link for that?

DCX

Andy787

Banned
I love you good cow.

screenshot4.jpg

goodcow

Mr Pockets said:

Thanks.

I have so much more stuff to add, but then it boils down to a server resources issue vs. my laziness and pure hatred of actually making these HTML pages. I'm also surprised at how few people really click Google ads, at least for my site. I know click-rates are low, but some days I get 500 or so page views, and not a single click. It discourages me.

goodcow

ZombieSupaStar said:
goodcow what kinda server do you run and how much does it cost?

www.hostgator.com

I'm currently on the $25 a month shared plan, and I'd desperately like to upgrade to the $50 a month plan, but I don't get enough ad revenue money at the moment. Actually, I don't get enough to cover the $25 a month plan, the majority is paid out of pocket, but I'd gladly keep paying $25 a month out of pocket and upgrade to a better plan if more revenue came in.

Dram

Do you have any gaming-age threads saved, that show people's reaction when Sega, pulled the plug on the Dreamcast?

Too bad you can't organize those news articles into categories, like official press releases, games or whatever. Especially important are those articles on upcomming games that did not make it out on the Dreamcast, or upcomming games not out yet but were announced.

goodcow

BlackClouds said:
Too bad you can't organize those news articles into categories, like official press releases, games or whatever. Especially important are those articles on upcomming games that did not make it out on the Dreamcast, or upcomming games not out yet but were announced.

Well my next idea, in beta below, is to make individual game pages for every game I have some form of content about, including just news articles if that's all I have, so people can Google a game title, find my "portal" of sorts, and hopefully get the information they want.

http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/games/html/

This idea of course, will take forever to complete.

Top Bottom