• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ipjYSV61LfbEk.gif

xJavonta

Banned
Chromebook better than a tablet for browsing the web?

...not sure if serious. - guy that owns both

Dead serious, having mouse movement and a keyboard is pretty awesome.

I have a keyboard for my iPad too, but it serves no purpose other than text input. I can't scroll with the arrow keys.

Proof I'm not just talking out of my ass.

Fake Edit: HOLY SHIT FREE PIXELS? GODDAMNIT.

Talon

Presumably people have been porting Ubuntu onto the Pixel to make it useful?

I have a keyboard for my iPad too, but it serves no purpose other than text input. I can't scroll with the arrow keys.

Large text input is different, but when it just comes to browsing and consuming (read: reading, watching, listening), the tablet experiences feels so natural for the web. Don't understand why you would want to use arrows to scroll. It's completely antithetical.

iavi

Google Music Megaton: It's live, and you can finally edit metadata, or even delete incorrectly tagged tracks and reupload correct ones.

gutshot

Fake Edit: HOLY SHIT FREE PIXELS? GODDAMNIT.

I'm with you, man. I've got a Chromebook and tablet and find browsing the web much easier on my Chromebook. Touch-screen browsing just feels clunky to me. YMMV

xJavonta

Banned
Presumably people have been porting Ubuntu onto the Pixel to make it useful?

Text input is different, but when it just comes to browsing and consuming (read: reading, watching, listening), the tablet experiences feels so natural for the web.

Nah, I prefer the Chromebook for most of that. My tablet is fine for watching short YouTube videos but when I'm watching something on Netflix I want the laptop/chromebook. More comfortable for longer usage.

Also holy shit that hair lol

"Basically, we got stacks of this thing not selling at all so EVERYONE GETS A FREE PIXEL!"

("Great, now we don't have to move those boxes again!")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom