• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
All Access Music is up and AWESOME.

Its like Spotify but with a way better interface and seemingly much better discovery. I'm really digging it. I'd pay 8 bucks a month for this.

What I want to know is, is there anything Spotify Premium does that Google Music Paid doesn't?

Offline syncing?

For 7.99 a month I'll switch, if there's really no difference. I'm doing the trail now and it's uploading my entire library...

Talon

This featureset is actually exactly what Apple's Enterprise/Education tool does. The IT department can push and manage applications on as many devices.

So now there's real competition between Apple and Google at schools.

Meanwhile in Redmond...
Death to iOS because of this!! Groups and collaboration us going to hit new levels
What? You've been able to do exactly what they showed on iOS for at least two years, maybe longer. Two years ago was just when my brother's school started distributing iOS devices.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Woah, I got an invite for all access! Baller, Canadian and everything...

BUT

I need to have a US credit card to start the trial! Damn! I guess I could also just get a google promo code, that would do it too.

Somnid

This featureset is actually exactly what Apple's Enterprise/Education tool does. The IT department can push and manage applications on as many devices.

So now there's real competition between Apple and Google at schools.

Meanwhile in Redmond...

What? You've been able to do exactly what they showed on iOS for at least two years, maybe longer. Two years ago was just when my brother's school started distributing iOS devices.

Amazon has also had this since last year. Works cross-device.

kagete

LB_3208.jpg

This was my face when I first learned to Bing video search. MS 1, Google 0.

It's very interesting watching this conference. It's so different from how Apple presents things, yet it's still exciting. The attitude seems to be "We want you all involved and helping us" whereas with Apple it's more like "We'll do all the work, and it'll be good, and you'll like it, but you won't have much input."

mcfrank

i still want google stock, but im not rich enough. buying like 5 shares wouldn't make sense right?

It is at a record high and trading at 30x earnings which is fairly high for a non-startup. Buy high, sell higher is typically not the best strategy but up to you.

The number of shares doesnt matter. If you have 5 shares of a 900 stock or 50 shares of a 90 dollar stock or 500 shares of a 9 dollar stock, you make the same amount when the stock goes up 5%.

Talon

It's very interesting watching this conference. It's so different from how Apple presents things, yet it's still exciting. The attitude seems to be "We want you all involved and helping us" whereas with Apple it's more like "We'll do all the work, and it'll be good, and you'll like it, but you won't have much input."
Actually, the WWDC conference is pretty similar to this one, since WWDC is for developers. They usually spend at least half of the time talking about iOS and OS X APIs, how developers could use those features, etc.

It's just that Apple has more product-only conferences sprinkled through the year, although Google has been trying to do more of that. Their Nexus 4 event got drowned out by Hurricane Sandy, so they cancelled it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom