• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Just realize that the Capital Gains Tax for that will be 15% for the year, so you'll have to make over 15% in gains for it to be worth it.

He's Canadian so he can use his tax free savings account to avoid that tax.

Though it's really high right now and I wouldn't buy at the moment.

Phoenix

I'm not sure if thie Pintrist style make a lot of sense for the way + content is generally provided. The new setup looks a bit random and confused. But I will have to wait until I get my hands on it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
It is at a record high and trading at 30x earnings which is fairly high for a non-startup. Buy high, sell higher is typically not the best strategy but up to you.

The number of shares doesnt matter. If you have 5 shares of a 900 stock or 50 shares of a 90 dollar stock or 500 shares of a 9 dollar stock, you make the same amount when the stock goes up 5%.

yeah, that's true too, damn. i shoulda bought at 600.

Mesoian

Automatic social tagging incoming.

Which will probably be horrible for a lot of people.

Edit: Did someone forget to take out the filler text? Last I heard, Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto isn't a feature of google.

Talon

These features are nice, but I'm not interested in managing yet another social network.

I'll wait for Twitter to steal it.

I still have no desire to use G+.

Seeing Google coming up with several different schemes to try and force or trick people into using it is amusing, though.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
GAF, I really wanna try out all access - but I need either a Google Promo code, or like an online US pre-paid visa (cause I live in Canada).

Help a brotha out, point me in the right direction.

I still have no desire to use G+.

Seeing Google coming up with several different schemes to try and force or trick people into using it is amusing, though.

Reworded, what you've basically said is "Seeing Google create new features and incentivization to get more people to use their service is amusing, though".

j-wood

Is the play music app going to be updated on the phone to support all access? or do you have to listen through the play store?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
GAF, I really wanna try out all access - but I need either a Google Promo code, or like an online US pre-paid visa (cause I live in Canada).

Help a brotha out, point me in the right direction.

I tried to use an Entropay virtual visa (which is legal) to buy music from the US play store. Google banned me from making puchases through wallet until I explained to them that I wasn't a scam artist.

Talon

"Technology can go away and people can focus on what makes them the happiest."

This is literally a Steve Jobs quote from the iPad launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom