• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You'd think Google would have learned the last time they cozied up with a Communist country....

Blackhead

Redarse
Just need Holo Navigation in Maps now

And these all have to do with either that one outage (which happens with every platform) and then bugs that affect a minority of users. Let's take this to PM.

Call me paranoid but Google Now is the ceiling at which I'm willing to give up privacy. I understand that it's convenient, but I'm not willing to reroute all my missives to supplant search for myself.

I'm actually really looking forward to Scoble's book The Age of Context because he believes directly the opposite, saying that privacy as a thought is nonexistent.

sure are paranoid lol

Rapstah

All Google Now ever tells me, a non-American, is how many minutes it'll take for me to drive to work. I don't drive to work. It's pretty good at guessing when I want to go to work or home though, and I guess the times are pretty accurate for my actual biking. The times when I bring up my phone at night and it tells me that I'm just seven minutes from work though are depressing as fuck.

kharma45

All Google Now ever tells me, a non-American, is how many minutes it'll take for me to drive to work. I don't drive to work. It's pretty good at guessing when I want to go to work or home though, and I guess the times are pretty accurate for my actual biking. The times when I bring up my phone at night and it tells me that I'm just seven minutes from work though are depressing as fuck.

Yeah this is all I get on my tablet as well as random share prices which I've removed

BKU3hlpCIAEoxKJ.jpg:large

Enco

Google Now on iOS is great for the search alone.

The transport times are nice too but it's worth it for the awesome voice recognition.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'd like for Google now to stop thinking I care about what the fuck the Vancouver Canucks do. I'm not Bish.

8bit

Knows the Score

I get public transport links & times, restaurants and locations I've searched for on my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom