• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

And this very moment is why Wall Street hates tech stocks.

If Google builds-in the photo experience to this application, they're at feature parity with Yelp already. They just need to build the community.

Isn't the new Google Maps supposed to be integrated into Google+? I wonder if they'll be adding check-ins and fleshing those out enough to compete heavily against Facebook/Yelp/Foursquare in that arena.
And this very moment is why Wall Street hates tech stocks.

If Google builds-in the photo experience to this application, they're at feature parity with Yelp already. They just need to build the community.
Building the community is absolutely the hard part.

Groof

And now I realize I'm not living in the US so half of these new awesome features won't even be useful for me.

kharma45

And now I realize I'm not living in the US so half of these new awesome features won't even be useful for me.

Yeah I hadn't heard of Zagat and no wonder

GLQqsud.png

Talon

Isn't the new Google Maps supposed to be integrated into Google+? I wonder if they'll be adding check-ins and fleshing those out enough to compete heavily against Facebook/Yelp/Foursquare in that arena.
Check-ins are useless.

Yep, Yelp does a great job with face-to-face engagement by making these losers that post 50+ reviews a year feel like kings with biannual Yelp Elite events, where they get people full and liquored up.

kaskade

There really isn't much of a need for a standalone GPS now. Funny thing is my GS3 fits perfectly in my old Garmin windshield mount.

Darkkn

Google hasn't even been able to roll out the regular music service to many countries... How long will it take for All Access to be widely available... New app looks great tho, wish i could subscribe.

Leucrota

You can already show your exact location to Circles of your choosing and automatically check-in to places using Latitude.

kaskade

Would've been nice for a today release date but oh well. Full screen maps on desktop is so much nicer. Way better use of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom