• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaere

Let's be honest all of Google's competitors would have taken less features than were announced today, call it a major OS release, and their users would be more than satisfied.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wtf.

They should've told the crowd attending to prepare some questions cause these are out of left field.

BUT, Page seems fucking cool as hell. Legend status. I've grown to like his nature and cadence over the last 10-15 minutess...weirdly.

SimleuqiR

yes it does

I'm having a convo on my ipad using hangouts and the convo is also going on talk on my phone

My contacts (on Gtalk) are not showing up on Hangouts for Chrome.
These contacts only have Gtalk installed (and don't use Google+). This does not have Gtalk integration AT ALL. It's just a glorified Google+ messenger.

Phoenix

Live Q&A, what should I ask?

1) When do you think that we'll see Google Cars actually on the road
2) How is Google going to help developers get out of the "hobbyist" wasteland, because that is why you aren't seeing what you were talking about in the keynote
3) How can you get more developers involved in more areas for GoogleIO - so we can get more global participation in these sorts of conferences, which is another reason why you aren't seeing what you were talking

bananas

Banned
These contacts only have Gtalk installed (and don't use Google+). This does not have Gtalk integration AT ALL. It's just a glorified Google+ messenger.

Gtalk contacts are showing up for me.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bah these people asking boring product questions.

"Will Android and Chrome OS merge?!"

Ask some philosophical questions ya dopes.

Outlook adding GTalk support made Larry sad. :-(

gotta agree, especially after that great speech. my question would be how does larry see the computer science/science in general marketing problem being fixed? i think mandatory comp sci in high school would be a good start.

Toki767

I can't get the Hangouts Chrome extension to not be overlayed on top of every window. Even when I uncheck the box to make it not always on top.

Haint

uncle-dolan-meme-googo8u2n.jpg

Not that anything's wrong with that.
(and not that it's true, lol, just something that caught my eye - especially the higher-ups being Indian/Desi. Watch and learn Apples)

In all seriousness, is there some reason or story behind this? Does the region have a lot of schools that teach CS K-12 and export the students? 90% of the CS department at my University was of this ethnicity and it was a problem because you could not understand them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Larry is inspiring, but...

"Everything's amazing, but I'm also sad that things aren't awesome sometimes."

xJavonta

Banned
In all seriousness, is there some reason or story behind this? Does the region have a lot of schools that teach CS K-12 and export the students? 90% of the CS department at my University was of this ethnicity and it was a problem because you could not understand them.

I had to drop a math class because I couldn't understand the professor. She was from India. It's kind of irritating for me. (I have nothing against them, I just hate that I can't understand them)

He's very sad about a lot of things. That makes me sad to. :(

I'm kind of hoping someone just gets up and asks a light-hearted jokey question: "Given the chance, would you go back in time to the moment someone suggested a glass back for the Nexus 4, and kick them square in the balls?"

SimleuqiR

Gtalk contacts are showing up for me.

Let me clarify, I have currently two contacts on Gtalk for Android (I see them through Gmail). If this was a unified messaging system I should be able to message them through the Hangout Chrome App on my desktop. They are not showing up at all.

Ydahs

As an Android developer, I am loving where Google is heading with their development APIs. As an Android user, I am loving where Google is taking all their products and integrating them all together.

Glad I stayed up until for this. It's definitely given me motivation to get started on a couple of Android projects I've had on my mind for a while.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Uh, Gtalk is integrated. It's replacing Gtalk.

I have it running on Windows (chrome app) and iOS and see all my Gtalk contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom