• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google removed uBlock Origin from Chrome

winjer

Gold Member
Brave has the sort of energy where if you question it, some spotty teenager with no life experience writes a book's worth of angry ranting about why you are an idiot for not believing in the Brave vision for the future of web browsing.

I admit I also dislike their push of web3 crap.
But that can be turned off.
I was asking for more specific reasons.

Use the desktop app version of AdGuard ad blocker and you can fully block ads, regardless of the browser, as it works outside the browser itself.

Other alternatives are Brave with the built-in ad blocking (and you can add custom lists to the filter) and Firefox (which still allows the normal uBlock Origin). Vivaldi is also decent with built-in ad block and custom filter lists like Brave.

People complaining about Brave in here. Who cares? You can turn all that nonsense off. Firefox has to be customized to be better as well. I don't see the difference.

Will this fuck up brave browser? Guess I'm moving to Mozilla or opera now.
No. You can just use the built-in ad blocking, which is completely outside of anything Google ever does with Chrome.

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I’ve been on Firefox again for about 4 years now. I used it before in 2005-2008.

I didn’t mind Chrome and Edge is a good browser too but no way I’m not using an adblocker. uBlock is essential for me.

I have my DNS set to one that apparently blocks ads/trackers but not sure how effective it is. I see many people recommend pihole but not sure if I could set it up.

On Mac/iPhone I use Safari but adblocking on those is not as good. I use Wipr which does a great job but not as good as uBlock.

I’ve been on Firefox again for about 4 years now. I used it before in 2005-2008.

I didn’t mind Chrome and Edge is a good browser too but no way I’m not using an adblocker. uBlock is essential for me.

I have my DNS set to one that apparently blocks ads/trackers but not sure how effective it is. I see many people recommend pihole but not sure if I could set it up.

On Mac/iPhone I use Safari but adblocking on those is not as good. I use Wipr which does a great job but not as good as uBlock.
1Blocker or AdGuard for Safari are very good (both cost money). Wipr stinks. Brave browser has the best ad blocking on iOS and it even lets you listen to YouTube audio in the background without needing a YouTube subscription. I’d highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom