• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2015 |OT| Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Wait the app doesn't need to make any modifications? This is actually unbelievably impressive, technically speaking.

Ovek

7Member7
Very cool, but do we want Google Now "looking" at the content of every app you use on your phone? :p

clav

Great google indexing even more shit on your phone.
Chrome already kinda does this with search queries.

If you ever notice you read something on a web page and then open a new tab to begin searching for something, Google will already try to guess and autofill what you want to search based on the previous webpage.

riotous

Banned
Wait the app doesn't need to make any modifications? This is actually unbelievably impressive, technically speaking.

It would be kind of strange if it did, technically speaking. (since the app is rather simple and just serves up info supplied by the servers)

Ke0

Chrome already kinda does this with search queries.

If you ever notice you read something on a web page and then open a new tab to begin searching for something, Google will already try to guess and autofill what you want to search based on the previous webpage.

Yup, most people don't even notice it it's so awesome.

The problem I have with Google is the features seem to be as much for them as they are for you.

Of course. It can be handled in respectful ways or it can be abused. I think the point being made in this decade is that tech will start driving our society no matter who gets left. Even Tesla brought out that battery and it really seems to innovate on power usage, never expected that.

At my previous job, I met a guy who worked at Google for 2 - 3 years after college. I asked him how he felt about their capacity of information and he told me that its a serious thing and they recognize it as such. That sounded like the right idea honestly.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
look at [popular thing]

oh I love [popular thing] *awkward moment*

*hold for applause*

here's something boring you can do with [popular thing]

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
It would be kind of strange if it did, technically speaking. (since the app is rather simple and just serves up info supplied by the servers)

It means that android is looking at screen context without being prompted about important information on the page by any code. There isn't a flag attached to any strings or containers or anything that you need to apply, it looks at the entire screen pulls out the important bits of info and understands context. I can't even fathom how that's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom