• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2015 |OT| Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinKL

Yup... I'll look like a complete dumbass with those gestures... No thank you...

Exactly my thought, but I feel like the watch can misinterpret your rotations. Wonder if they experimented with the Samsung wave hand across screen gestures.

EDIT WOOOO for golf =/

Soi-Fong

I'm still on the last Android Wear update? With my 360, I can't view more than one message from a person. Did they fix this?

Ty4on

My God how ugly all Android Wear watches not made by Motorola are.
The new features look nice though. Just give me the 360 2 so I can get a cheaper Moto 360 or the second gen if it is smaller.
me neither. And it's a fucking G3.
Got the 5.1.1 notification while watching the live event :p
Now please give the Nexus 4 M.

Husker86

I dont know if its coincidence or if Android has always been like this but its crazy how you can get a high end phone and companies pop out another one less than a year

Well yeah, with so many OEMs, of course there is always going to be something coming in the near future.

The GS6 is still crazy powerful, and will be for a long time yet, I'm just impatient and love technology.

Symphonia

Banned
Loads of places in the UK have NFC payments now, but no Apple Pay here yet.
What is the likelihood of retailers and department stores accepting Android/Apple Pay in the future? If this becomes a possibility, this will help me clamp down further on carrying cash/cards on me at all times.

Altazor

I have a note 3 and they've been promising Lollipop since January. Fucking Samsung Spain.

LG LatAm is the same, it seems.

Plus, from what I've read, 5.0 isn't that good on a G3 - so I bet we'll get a bad update half a year later than everybody else. And it's a fucking flagship phone! Ugh.

Soi-Fong

My God how ugly all Android Wear watches not made by Motorola are.
The new features look nice though. Just give me the 360 2 so I can get a cheaper Moto 360 or the second gen if it is smaller.

Got the 5.1.1 notification while watching the live event :p
Now please give the Nexus 4 M.

Yeah... I just want a new Moto 360... All of these watches look pretty bad. Hell, even Apple Watch is ugly in my opinion.

Ty4on

^^^^In stainless steel I think it is the second prettiest, but still far from the Moto 360. The bezel and pretend watch faces just kills mot watches.
Ah, so this is gonna be about their new IoT OS.

Let's hope they have something to stop it being Internet of insecure Things.

Hasney

What is the likelihood of retailers and department stores accepting Android/Apple Pay in the future? If this becomes a possibility, this will help me clamp down further on carrying cash/cards on me at all times.

The tech is already there, it's the fact Apple Pay itself hasn't launched. Once it does, all the contact less places should accept it.

It's less about the stores carrying it (generally most newer payment terminals accept NFC payment) and more about banks in a given country supporting it.

Kuros

If it works with NFC it works with android/apple pay afaik.

In the UK its becoming pretty common.

Symphonia

Banned
The tech is already there, it's the fact Apple Pay itself hasn't launched. Once it does, all the contact less places should accept it.
It's less about the stores carrying it (generally most newer payment terminals accept NFC payment) and more about banks in a given country supporting it.
Goddamnit, these Pay apps need to launch, and our banks/stores need to start accepting them. The day I no longer have to carry my wallet with me is the day I die of happiness.

My weave!

Yeah, being derived from Android doesn't make me confident from the security perspective. Of course, if we get immediate security updates, rather than having to, say, wait on our lamp manufacturers to reskin Brillo, things could look a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom