• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2015 |OT| Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile is all around us. It's the future and the present. It's so important. Now here is some android pay shit. now we do some fingerprint shit. You can control permissions and shit.

Now lets talk about photos for an hour.

Ty4on

It's recognizing them by their content. It's actually recognizing objects in the photos - its' not looking at the photo name or any tags you've applied.

Note the clock icon in the search bar.

I liked how Google automatically removed all contrast on the gopro footage.
That gopro footage looked awful.

It's as if the stabilization removed rolling shutter in reverse or something. I've never seen footage that jerky.

riotous

Banned
It means that android is looking at screen context without being prompted about important information on the page by any code. There isn't a flag attached to any strings or containers or anything that you need to apply, it looks at the entire screen pulls out the important bits of info and understands context. I can't even fathom how that's done.

That's how everything with Google Now works, and gmail isn't it?

Google parses out non-marked up text and provides contextual info; like reading your e-mail and picking up UPS/FedEx/USPS codes. It's some sort of list of regular expressions or some other parsing language that they keep up to date; new company starts selling airline tickets google has to add something to their server-side engine to parse.

Or am I missing something here? All this seems to mean is that google already had code pulling the text of your screen doesn't it?

Literally anything caught on camera pretty much has a 99% chance of being exposed to the internet.

That 1% is literally someone pressing the screen

Cub3h

Banned
Upto 16MP, nice. Would this work for pictures stored on Google Drive as well?

-edit-
I think he just explained that there's a web version, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom