• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2015 |OT| Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google is terrible at announcing things.

"oh btw android pay lets talk about that now. here it is. its pretty good. does stuff"

When apple revealed apple pay you'd think they revolutionized the world.

Cub3h

Banned
These mobile phone pay systems are so redundant in most countries where debit and credit cards already have NFC in them.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
All this iOS-like stuff for Android M is interesting. iPhone 6 sales must have really caught Google's attention.

zZZ..

jBX8nGI.png

Hasney

Google is terrible at announcing things.

"oh btw android pay lets talk about that now. here it is. its pretty good. does stuff"

When apple revealed apple pay you'd think they revolutionized the world.

Yeah, because it feels like Apple treats it's audience like idiots and they'll got caught up in some stupid hype they've created. This dude is talking to me like an adult, so I like it more.

Husker86

how is "App Links" any different from the current system? i dont get it

It verifies that the app "owns" the domain it's trying to claim it can open, I think? I don't know how this will affect third party Twitter apps, for example, but it seems much more seamless.

Right now I could make some random app and say it can open twitter links and it will show up on the "Open with" menu.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
USB-TypeC - because we can't trust you to not bitch about inserting a cable in a particular way.

Oogedei

Yeah, because it feels like Apple treats it's audience like idiots and they'll got caught up in some stupid hype they've created. This dude is talking to me like an adult, so I like it more.

This. Why do people always want a theatre like show. Just give me the facts, show me the product and make it work perfectly. Some people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom