• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Mail invite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
me

MOTHERFUCKING 30 SECOND WAIT BETWEEN REPLIES FUCK YOU ALL FUCK YOU ALL TO HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

demon

FIRST IS THE WORST, SECOND IS THE BEST, THIRD IS THE ONE WITH THE FATTY FATTY CHEST

SEND MY BY GOOGLE INVITE PM PLZ THX

demon

Suerte said:
I have three left apparently, sexual favours required, kthxbye.
Suerte I'll suck your knob* for an invite. Seriously.

*doorknob

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I've got five available invites, PM me with your email address if you want a google email account.

EDIT: 1 left... Error I need your email address!

HAOHMARU

To go along with hooking people up, can somebody host a .gif for me? Size is only 70kb...I have a new avatar but my old website won't let me uplaod anymore.

I figure I could ask here instead of creating a new topic. I'll PM you and get your e-mail so I can send it to you, thanks in advance.

DarienA

HAOHMARU said:
To go along with hooking people up, can somebody host a .gif for me? Size is only 70kb...I have a new avatar but my old website won't let me uplaod anymore.

I figure I could ask here instead of creating a new topic. I'll PM you and get your e-mail so I can send it to you, thanks in advance.

Haoh sign up for a 20megsfree.com site... that's where I host my avatar. I know you can remote link to jpg's and animated jpg's there so I'd assume you can upload and remote link to a gif... worst case scenario you could always convert it.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I assume there's no reason I can't send people things like large video files through gmail, right? I've never had this much space before, so never really considered it.

Can't see why it wouldn't work though.

border

Willco said:
I wonder how far somebody would really go for a Gmail invite...
Probably not that far. Invites are becoming increasingly easy to come by.

gmailswap.com has a bunch of people offering stuff for acounts, though. Some offers are kinda weird.
Your message in NYC Catcher in the Ryes

In the next 25 weeks, I will insert a bookmark with your message between the pages of 25 copies of The Catcher in the Rye, in 25 different branches of the Manhattan NY Public Library system.

I will choose 25 different neighborhoods, find the Catcher in the Rye in that neighborhood branch, and place a bookmark with your message into the book.

DCX

DCX
1gb capacity..i like it it's nice.

A Google approach to email.
Gmail is an experiment in a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that you should never have to delete mail and you should always be able to find the message you want. The key features are:

Search, don't sort.
Use Google search to find the exact message you want, no matter when it was sent or received.

Don't throw anything away.
1000 megabytes of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.

Keep it all in context.
Each message is grouped with all its replies and displayed as a conversation.

No pop-up ads. No untargeted banners.
You see only relevant text ads and links to related web pages of interest.

DCX

nitewulf

border said:
Your message in NYC Catcher in the Ryes

In the next 25 weeks, I will insert a bookmark with your message between the pages of 25 copies of The Catcher in the Rye, in 25 different branches of the Manhattan NY Public Library system.

I will choose 25 different neighborhoods, find the Catcher in the Rye in that neighborhood branch, and place a bookmark with your message into the book.

hippies...

xsarien

daedsiluap
nitewulf said:
what is the big deal about gmail?? is it really hard to sign up for, lots of upload space? what???

You need to be invited, so it basically became the Internet's latest popularity contest.

DCX said:
It says i have six invitations to give out but i have no clue how to do it...

DCX

Click the link, then enter the name and e-mail address of the person you want to invite.

DarienA

xsarien said:
You need to be invited, so it basically became the Internet's latest popularity contest.

Yup pretty much(on that note I have one invite left), and now that I understand once you create a filter you can label AND make the email skip the inbox at the same time(archive to that label) I'm really liking gmail MUCH, MUCH more. I see they added an incoming new mail sys tray app as well, it needs some tweaking/options though, such as only display new mail once, etc... but it's beta too so.... add a calendar and the ability to sync all the above with a PDA and I'll be all set.

HAOHMARU

So the people that get invited and sign up...they also get 6 invites?

I'd like to check this out after reading DCX's reply. It seems a lot better than what Yahoo is offering.

Anybody got an invite they can spare? I will PM you.

xsarien

daedsiluap
HAOHMARU said:
So the people that get invited and sign up...they also get 6 invites?

The amount of invites, and how many, is determined on what can only be assumed to be a completely random basis. Essentially, gmail members are given the Willy Wonka treatment: You'll get 1 "golden ticket" to give to friends so they can sign up, maybe more, maybe none. They just show up in your account's main menu, no announcement or anything precedes them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
xsarien said:
The amount of invites, and how many, is determined on what can only be assumed to be a completely random basis. Essentially, gmail members are given the Willy Wonka treatment: You'll get 1 "golden ticket" to give to friends so they can sign up, maybe more, maybe none. They just show up in your account's main menu, no announcement or anything precedes them.

I think it's the more you use it, the more you get. I have two accounts. The one I use often gets a lot of invites. The one I never use has none. So according to that rock solid scientific analysis, the more you use, the more you get.

commish

Okay guys, I'm out of invites, I received quite a few PM's already and they are all sent out.

jenov4

I've been using GMail for a while now and I do think its one of the best web email clients out there. I love the way the shortcuts are handled and sending emails are really fast.

impirius

I can't keep track of who has or doesn't have Gmail in this thread, so... I'll just give my two invites to the next two folks to request them in this thread. If you're one of them, PM me your email address.

EDIT: Okay, the next one. cvkpaladin posted while I was typing ;)

xsarien

daedsiluap
commish said:
I think it's the more you use it, the more you get. I have two accounts. The one I use often gets a lot of invites. The one I never use has none. So according to that rock solid scientific analysis, the more you use, the more you get.

Which is completely invalidated by the fact that I use it nigh-exclusively - have been for months - and I only recently got a mere six invites.

Tool

Banned
jenov4 said:
I've been using GMail for a while now and I do think its one of the best web email clients out there. I love the way the shortcuts are handled and sending emails are really fast.

I never realized email-speed as an issue. Yahoo works fine for me.

commish

xsarien said:
Which is completely invalidated by the fact that I use it nigh-exclusively - have been for months - and I only recently got a mere six invites.

Maybe it's by volume, I have hundreds of emails in mine, maybe that's it.

Or maybe it's because I stayed at a Holiday Inn?

Prospero

Geez--I thought everybody on earth already had a Gmail account.

I've got three invites--PM me with first name, last name, and e-mail.

Mugen

Banned
I already got mine from Suerte and it kicks ass. I wanted to forward every email from Hotmail but for some odd reason you can't. Oh well, MS sux.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Why can't you select multiple contacts from the list and send an email to all of them BTW?

Or if you can...well, how?

Mainline

I'm having a problem with my invites..it says 'INVITE 4 PEOPLE TO GMAIL' and it looks like a link..THE LINK DOES NOTHING...it hasn't worked in months :( Anyone else have this problem?

xsarien

daedsiluap
Mainline said:
I'm having a problem with my invites..it says 'INVITE 4 PEOPLE TO GMAIL' and it looks like a link..THE LINK DOES NOTHING...it hasn't worked in months :( Anyone else have this problem?

Might want to disable any pop-up blocking software you have running.

I asked DarienA for an invite first. But I thought someone else may have PM him first, so also asked commish as well. Anyway, they both responded. I can send someone the extra link/invite if it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom