• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

eznark

Banned
I can think of nothing worse than a hipster sports fan. So basically Chuck Klosterman is the worst thing on planet earth.

Chorazin

Goldrush said:
Any words on when Google may be adding support for 3d photo and video in Picasa? With an EVO3D, I'm disappointed that a lot of the "shortcut" don't work with 3D content. Further disappointed that Picasa don't handle 3D video when Youtube does.

Not really G+ related but check out TwinPic 3D and Phereo on the Markerplace to share and view 3D pics on your EVO 3D. :)

Fun little extension that turns the +1 button into a 1Up mushroom with sound when you click it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pkmbgbnldenjnbgbigpkjokfdfgmmclo?hl=en

Chris R

I wouldn't mind if Google+ took over facebook. Don't really use either, but from a developers standpoint, one works right out of the box with very little tweaking required, and the other is the biggest pain in the ass you can dream of. Take a guess as to which is which.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
eznark said:
Neat, but I'm not getting the pop-up which allows for instant sharing to G+, which makes it worthless right now.

Ah yeah, you're right. Sort of lame.

Bit-Bit

I was thinking of some creative ways to use Google Plus and came up with a few of them.

As a photo blog.

Use the Hangout to watch movies with other Gaffers.

Use the Hangout to broadcast myself playing a new game.

Any other ideas you guys have came up with?

olimpia84

So they added games to G+ now? Maybe this is old news but I could swear I didn't see a games tab when I was using it yesterday.

gcubed

olimpia84 said:
So they added games to G+ now? Maybe this is old news but I could swear I didn't see a games tab when I was using it yesterday.

i've had it for a few weeks, i thought it was fully rolled out.

Terrell

Korey said:
Figures you'd post something from Reddit.

tumblr_kut2d8sv2B1qatk68o1_400_Your_Argument_is_Invalid-s400x478-66332-580.jpg

kehs

Banned
So I sent some feed back a few days ago about how my incoming and regular stream is overlapping, I kept seeing posts that are supposed to be in "incoming" in my regular stream, from about five different people. The only way to not see their posts was to block them.

Now my Incoming stream is 100% broken, I haven't seen a new post in there for days.

Reddit, anytime I end up there from a link, I close it immediately, that layout is so stupid. It reminds me of slashdot but without any redeemable value.

Goldrush

The integration between google+ and picasa still have a long way to go. Somewhere between the desktop picasa to google+ stream, the people tags disappears. A bit annoying since I tagged all the pictures in picasa and linked them with my contact.

kehs

Banned
They must literally have people reading feedback reports 24/7. Anything I've submitted, which are usually account specific, are sorted out within hours.

kehs

Banned
Crazy right?

As we move from limited field trial to open beta, we’re renaming Huddle to Messenger.

While I'm glad the didn't just add messenger....they still have talk up in the air....I have a feeling talk is going to get killed.

Whiteboard. <3

gcubed

samus i am said:
If I recall, Facebook did some type of huge deal with Skype. They might have something similar real soon.

they already have video chat, not as robust or feature filled as of yet

copernicus... that would be ideal, messenger and talk need to merge, i dont see where they diverge in order to maintain two products. Messenger now has more features, talk needs to go and just move everything to messenger. Add read receipts and you have your BBM needs on android

Crazyorloco

Google plus app (FOR ANDROID) update later today. I love this update:

-join Hangouts from the mobile app
-Set profile photo
-Huddle is now Messenger
-Send photos in Messenger
- Long press on post to +1, share and mute
- Improved video posts support
- Improved public search for people
- Granular push notification settings
- Move app to your SD card
-Improved +mention support
-Various bug and performance improvements
-Post and participate in a Messenger conversations via SMS (U.S.)

jvalioli

samus i am said:
If I recall, Facebook did some type of huge deal with Skype. They might have something similar real soon.
Group video chat on Skype costs money right now. Facebook would have to convince Microsoft to make it free.

Cudder

I haven't posted on Google+ in a while, still not enough of my friends using it or convinced by it I suppose. Google+ for me right now is literally the go to place if I want to find out what Gary Whitta is up to. Dude is in my stream as if he's the only person I'm following.

And yes, Google, please kill Talk and focus all of your efforts on Messenger.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
How's everyone's experience with G+ nowadays? When it first a appeared, I opened the account, added a group of maybe 15-20 people who are mostly tech savvy real life friends and acquaintances. First week or so everyone was posting away, commenting, making fun of a facebook and how there's much smarter people on G+, posting news, interesting stuff they found or have seen or done, etc.

Forward to a few weeks later, my G+ is a complete wasteland, and noone has posted anything in the last 12 days I think. I pretty much don't even bother checking it anymore as the last three posts were from me, and no one commented anything on them. Asking some of the people from the group (as I know most of them in real life) they all have the exact same experience as I do. No one from their group posts anything anymore :\

gcubed

Cudder said:
I haven't posted on Google+ in a while, still not enough of my friends using it or convinced by it I suppose. Google+ for me right now is literally the go to place if I want to find out what Gary Whitta is up to. Dude is in my stream as if he's the only person I'm following.

And yes, Google, please kill Talk and focus all of your efforts on Messenger.

once business pages and integration with calendar for events gets added then its fully better then facebook, right now i can't get people to join without those features.

kehs

Banned
I think I'm gonna send some feedback reminding them they have Android tablets out in the wild. Maybe the G+ app team is unaware?

gcubed

Copernicus said:
I think I'm gonna send some feedback reminding them they have Android tablets out in the wild. Maybe the G+ app team is unaware?

send them a link to the android blog post about getting ready for ICS.

Crazyorloco

Crazyorloco said:
Google plus app (FOR ANDROID) update later today. I love this update:

-join Hangouts from the mobile app
-Set profile photo
-Huddle is now Messenger
-Send photos in Messenger
- Long press on post to +1, share and mute
- Improved video posts support
- Improved public search for people
- Granular push notification settings
- Move app to your SD card
-Improved +mention support
-Various bug and performance improvements
-Post and participate in a Messenger conversations via SMS (U.S.)

Ok the app is out on the market now. I'm at work. I can't mess with my phone. Any one have the updated app? Any impressions? Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom