• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

It is supposed to open either in 1 hour, or in 1:50mins

I'm really confused then.

Lounge opens - 4.30 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 5.45 PM GMT
Qualifications start - In the interest of time there will be no quali session.
Race start 6.50 PM GMT
Race end: ~8.00 PM GMT (please note this is our normal end time)

It's 5:10PM GMT as I post this. The race starts at 6:00PM or 6.50PM GMT.

Dibbz

Don't change the time for me. I'm heading out in 20 mins so someone else please take my spot. Hope you all have a good race.

ruttyboy

And another thing, my car is broken in at 488 BHP. What's the deal with the 500BHP paskowitz?

Change the oil and it´ll take it over 500, then engine limit it.

I´m also a bit confused about the timing. Came on ten minutes after the lobby was supposed to open to only find paskowitz online but not racing?

Change the oil and it´ll take it over 500, then engine limit it.

I´m also a bit confused about the timing. Came on ten minutes after the lobby was supposed to open to only find paskowitz online but not racing?
I wonder about the engine limiting. Will the car perform better at say 490BHP rather than an engine-limited 500BHP?

At 490BHP at least you get "100%" engine power rather than say, "90%" of 516BHP. But which is actually best?

Good god I have been a terrible race host.

Race time will be 7pm GMT. Sorry MM but I think changing it would cause even more confusion... plus nobody is in the room.

HP will be set to stock 488hp.
Uh, I'm not seeing the GT5NRL account as being online in my firends list?

Good god I have been a terrible race host.

Race time will be 7pm GMT. Sorry MM but I think changing it would cause even more confusion... plus nobody is in the room.

HP will be set to stock 488hp.

But... the original time (before i even asked to change) was 6pm gmt oO

ok, its settled. qually starts at 6:30 gmt

t1338661800z0.png

How do I find the lounge? Is there a code?

Go to community, click the GT5NRL icon, click the cofee icon, join lounge.

So sorry, I wanted to practice but it started the race... how come? Or can anyone in the lounge start the race and change settings? Never been in a lounge before see.

Polyphony

Patch has been downloading since 30 mins ago, qualy beginning in 5 mins, I don't think it'll be done in 20 mins, PD's servers are insanely slow...

So sorry, I wanted to practice but it started the race... how come? Or can anyone in the lounge start the race and change settings? Never been in a lounge before see.

u can when its a private lounge. rookie mistake, every one does it lol

Patch downloading, qualy beginning in 5 mins, I don't think it'll be done in 20 mins, PD's servers are insanely slow...
for real? its such a small patch

u ok if we start qually without u? u still have to join asap

Polyphony

You guys go without me. I'm still downloading 2.06, the 450 mb one. It's only at 30% so it's nowhere near done. Next time I'll remember...

Mobius 1

I couldn't get the patch downloaded on time. I had to replace the hard drive on the PS3 yesterday because the old one died. At least the PS+ online saves made it a breeze to backup and restore my save data.

Bleh, had to leave abruptly, Sorry. Will try to upload some gifs today, hopefully go through the replay and upload some videos during the week.

FootballFan

Well well well, that was an eventful race for me. Got an okay start, but on the second corner of the first lap, either somebody hit me or GT5 glitched my car into the barrier causing full damage on all 4 wheels and engine plus the damage the 25 metre slide did to my tires. Now it was all about catching up. And to add to all those problems i probably started on the wrong tires as well. Should of gone for Soft tires instead of the harder compound which to be fair lasted 5 laps but my lap times were horrible and my race was also riddled with mistakes and spins.

Managed to make my way up to 11th or 12th and that only happened in the final lap, but i made far too many mistakes and the night segment destroyed any hope of a top ten finish. But the battle up front must of been fantastic.

Good Racing from everyone and the Eiger race was hilarious.

Btw what was the fastest lap on the Ring today?

ruttyboy

Great race, thanks to everyone that took part :D

I initially thought I'd qualified 1st as it showed me at no. 1, but then I started in sixth. Not sure how that works? Unfortunately I'd been messing with the camera angle and forgot to put it back so when the race started I was trying to get it right as we pulled off the line, which meant I dropped straight down to 13th!

Clawed my way back to sixth by the time we approached the carousel on the first lap but then MetalMurphy used me a brake which knocked me off the top of the carousel radius forcing me into a spin :D By then it was dark, and the spin had totally disorientated and unsettled me. Then it was just half a lap of keeping up with the split of the leaders followed by a stupid error which lost me ten seconds, rinse and repeat.

My race was a comedy of errors but I still had a great laugh and will definitely show up for more!

EDIT: Oh and apolgies to anyone I nudged from behind, I tried to slow down and not take advantage of it.

Risgroo

Yeah, what happened in qualifying? I was shown as 4th, but I started in 15th or 14th, was the grid set to be random?
Anyway, awesome race(s), had a lotof fun fighting with different people, some very close calls. Made a few mistakes, but I'm very happy with 3rd at the ring.

Great race, thanks to everyone that took part :D

I initially thought I'd qualified 1st as it showed me at no. 1, but then I started in sixth. Not sure how that works? Unfortunately I'd been messing with the camera angle and forgot to put it back so when the race started I was trying to get it right as we pulled off the line, which meant I dropped straight down to 13th!

Clawed my way back to sixth by the time we approached the carousel on the first lap but then MetalMurphy used me a brake which knocked me off the top of the carousel radius forcing me into a spin :D By then it was dark, and the spin had totally disorientated and unsettled me. Then it was just half a lap of keeping up with the split of the leaders followed by a stupid error which lost me ten seconds, rinse and repeat.

My race was a comedy of errors but I still had a great laugh and will definitely show up for more!

Meh, I blame your early braking.

I braked hard AND turned to avoid, but you still turned into me, trying to cut me or something. Not using a rear view mirror? If I could have braked harder I would have.

Pretty sure that's what happened but I'll watch the replay just to make sure when I get back home.

ruttyboy

Meh, I blame your early braking.

I braked hard AND turned to avoid, but you still turned into me, trying to cut me or something. Not using a rear view mirror? If I could have braked harder I would have.

Pretty sure that's what happened but I'll watch the replay just to make sure when I get back home.

Don´t worry about it :)

If anything, I braked too late which put me higher up on the radius than usual, you saw an opportunity on the inside and then nudged me off the top. It´s not like you smashed into me, anywhere else it wouldn´t have put me into a spin. It´s the nurb man, it happens :)

Don´t worry about it :)

If anything, I braked too late which put me higher up on the radius than usual, you saw an opportunity on the inside and then nudged me off the top. It´s not like you smashed into me, anywhere else it wouldn´t have put me into a spin. It´s the nurb man, it happens :)

I missed a smilie in that post, didn't want to come out sounding like a dick, re-reading my post it kinda looked that way.

Just going through the 1st lap of the replay, race was crazy. So many spins and close calls. Spent most of my time fighting with rutty, don't know how many times we switched position. On the last lap I decided to pit, I knew your tyres were going off and it worked as I managed to catch up and take that place back. Plenty of bumps and hits but nothing intentional, was a fun race.

iKPevl4jGWrxR.gif

Touched the grass at the start, luckily I managed not to spin. Don't know what happened at that second corner, FootballFan went flying onto the wall.

ibbSdM6zx2eSlE.gif

Metalmurphy spins, Patau, paskowitz and Round manage to avoid an incident. Close call.

If anyone wants to request gifs just message me, it would also help when making the video as it'll save some time looking through the replay trying to find some excting race moments.

Business

I drove quite an awful race so I can't say I was really happy. I didn't start so bad in the first lap but soon I started to do silly mistakes and kept going down. I went off track so many times and did so many totally stupid and unforced mistakes that if I had been playing witht he AI I'd have surely quit. I had some good moments and fights, and sometimes I'd even cut a bit the leader gap for 3 or 4 splits in a row (specially with new tyres, with used I kept losing a bit) but then I'd put a wheel on the grass while breaking when there woudn't have been any need or break 100m too late on some corner. I guess I had some serious focus issues today.

I kept doing stupid things at the Eiger but at least I had more fun.

Still it was good to see so many people joining, better luck next time I hope.

Business

ibbSdM6zx2eSlE.gif

Metalmurphy spins, Patau, paskowitz and Round manage to avoid an incident. Close call.

Nice gif I think that was my POV, with Nabs in front of me avoiding the incident first and taking the lead.

EDIT: Or it is me avoiding in front and pask behind me, eh anyway.

Just going through the 1st lap of the replay, race was crazy. So many spins and close calls. Spent most of my time fighting with rutty, don't know how many times we switched position. On the last lap I decided to pit, I knew your tyres were going off and it worked as I managed to catch up and take that place back. Plenty of bumps and hits but nothing intentional, was a fun race.

[]http://i.minus.com/iKPevl4jGWrxR.gif[/IMG]

Touched the grass at the start, luckily I managed not to spin. Don't know what happened at that second corner, FootballFan went flying onto the wall.

[]http://i.minus.com/ibbSdM6zx2eSlE.gif[/IMG]

Metalmurphy spins, Patau, paskowitz and Round manage to avoid an incident.

If anyone wants to request gifs just message me, it would also help when making the video as it'll save some time looking through the replay trying to find some excting race moments.

Lap 4, at the end of Fuchsrohre, me and RounD touch, he ends up going offtrack.

Don't remember which lap, but at the first Carousel me and ruttyboy collide.

I wanna see if it was my fault on both or not :p Those were my main mishaps of this race. And ofcourse my spin when in first place. I can never take the pressure of having drivers right behind me -.-

ruttyboy

It was the first lap we touch.

Anyone fancy some more races tomorrow afternoon from about 12PM GMT/1PM BST? I´ve got the afternoon free as the wife is going to see her friend.

I drove quite an awful race so I can't say I was really happy. I didn't start so bad in the first lap but soon I started to do silly mistakes and kept going down. I went off track so many times and did so many totally stupid and unforced mistakes that if I had been playing witht he AI I'd have surely quit. I had some good moments and fights, and sometimes I'd even cut a bit the leader gap for 3 or 4 splits in a row (specially with new tyres, with used I kept losing a bit) but then I'd put a wheel on the grass while breaking when there woudn't have been any need or break 100m too late on some corner. I guess I had some serious focus issues today.

I kept doing stupid things at the Eiger but at least I had more fun.

Still it was good to see so many people joining, better luck next time I hope.
Same here, I had a ton of mistakes. I spun on the Carousel every lap except one. I never spin on the Carousel. I don't know what it was but for some reason I wasn't feeling the car whereas the other day I adored it.

Still, was a great experience (and my first with GAF) and I'm up for it any time I can.

Thanks to all who took part and MM for controlling the lounge.

ixkxSL6sr1OOF.gif

RounD goes for a spin into turn one on lap 3 narrowly avoiding Kaizor

Lap 4, at the end of Fuchsrohre, me and RounD touch, he ends up going offtrack.

Don't remember which lap, but at the first Carousel me and ruttyboy collide.

I wanna see if it was my fault on both or not :p Those were my main mishaps of this race. And ofcourse my spin when in first place. I can never take the pressure of having drivers right behind me -.-

ih00hDiEw9Zid.gif

ipe7miuPUmIOh.gif

I could have joined but my brother came into town unexpectedly a few days ago and i didn't have time to practice at all so i would have been terrible.

something always comes up lol.

l2ounD

Cool gifs Sunhi! First one at the start looks crazy!

I hate this turn going by myself so when MM was making his move there, I knew it was going to be bad. Plus I already lost time to Kaizor in that night spin. (Night driving definitely made it more interesting)

What really pissed me off though was seeing MM pit that lap. So I dont know if you could hear but I was honking my horn at you as I passed by. I didnt even get the chance to properly pass you and just lost more time to KP.

Biggest mistake though was on the first lap. I was behind Pasko as he passed Patau. So I was like 'I got this' and tried to pass too but I went in waay way to hot the following corner and missed the turn completely :/ doh!

Other than that, very cool to see the big turnout (eventually), too bad dub couldnt get in to make it a full 16.

And good jobs to Nabs!, would have liked to have seen the battle with you and Pask.

FootballFan

Yeah I watched the replay again, Patau was warping around everywhere and somehow just smashed into me and I flew into the wall. Didn't look like he did it intentionally or anything.

Top Bottom