• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Lumine

I just got this game and I'm so happy to see this thread still alive. I won't join in on this one, I don't even have a super car yet, but hopefully I'll be ready to join in on future events. :)

paskowitz

The NeoGAF 100mi of Spa

YXEcf.png

Everybody is welcome to join.

Race starts in:
t1351969200z0.png

Allowed car:

All Super GT Cars (No Stealth Cars)

Tuning:
Cars will be balanced per NeoGAF SGT League Rules
After these chances only non PP tuning is allowed.
(New NSX specs pending).

Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps:
~23
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy (Light damage only if requested by the majority of participants)​
Assists
ABS&TCS

Players Participating (6 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 - weekend_warrior
  • 03 - Toxa
  • 04 - Sleeplessnights
  • 05 - FootballFan
  • 06 - chillumchilla
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7pm GMT
Lounge reset - 7:55pm GMT
Qualifications start - 8:00pm GMT
Race start - 8:15 GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules: Car balancing is TBD. We will probably use our old metric from the SGT League.

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Really would love to take part in one of these, just to have a decent online race, sadly my abililty would be so far behind you guys I would just be a rolling road block!

paskowitz

FML. Looks like my CSW and CSPv2 are going nuts when play GT5 after the latest update. Throttle gets stuck, doesn't register inputs, registers 90% throttle at 100% pressure, and the start button does not work. As far as I can tell this is only in GT5. When I go to the PC driver menu the problems do not exist.

To make matters worse, I no longer have my G25 and I lent my DS3 to someone else. So, basically, I it unlikely I will be able to race today... which sucks... bawls.

Nice race, I always have good battles with Chillimchilla, and congrats to Toxa too. If we do another race next week I think it would be better to aim for 3 or 4 short race. 15 minutes of dicking around/ practice/ quali, 15 minute race, then next track and repeat. Since most people probably don't want to spend as much time practicing it'll help if we casual things up a bit. Plus more people might join if they only have to commit half an hour as opposed to the hour to hour and a half these sometimes drag on for.

Good fun guys. Well done Toxa.

Some great shenanigans with WW before I lost it.

I love that format and track, can we do it again with more people this time and even variable weather?

Must post some shots of the Weider in action.

MGR

Hi everybody

I'm chasing a handful more people to join our Weekly GT5 race series. You NEED to be based in Australia (preference given to WA) and available at 8:30pm Perth Time.

DMZ setup is MANDATORY! (see info below).

We already have 8-12 regular competitors each week. Just chasing a few more reasonable drivers to fill the grid. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

4NES2.jpg

qWkV3.gif

tOpHf.gif

zKk8s.gif

Ck0hG.gif

Sample racing from previous series:

http://youtu.be/j8F6BUXECfM
http://youtu.be/TCyHu_MYL6o
http://youtu.be/jUdRpbcHwJs
http://youtu.be/5_AkFWRRW2Y

2KMRL.jpg

15wMQ.jpg

G6Whw.jpg

MGR

Mandatory DMZ is kinda silly. Not that it matters anyways, not Australian :p

I've run hundreds of races and this is the only way I can ensure smooth connection between peers. When a particular player's network connectivity is preventing others peers from connecting properly it's always the peers that suffer. The player with the poor connectivity is often unaware that their vehicle is glitching all over the place - destroying other vehicles in the process. In some cases the offending player is unable to see all vehicles on the track, even though other players can see them. Collisions between these cars will see the offending player simply plow through the other car like theyre not even there.

What's silly is the amount of hoop jumping required to keep this game stable while playing online.

If you're NZ feel free to join. I'm just trying to maintain a certain level of latency for everybody. Not sure about the 1:30am start though :p

Hi everybody

I'm chasing a handful more people to join our Weekly GT5 race series. You NEED to be based in Australia (preference given to WA) and available at 8:30pm Perth Time.

DMZ setup is MANDATORY! (see info below).

We already have 8-12 regular competitors each week. Just chasing a few more reasonable drivers to fill the grid. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

PM Dead Man and Mush. They're the two Aussies/NZers that we had in this league.

I've run hundreds of races and this is the only way I can ensure smooth connection between peers. When a particular player's network connectivity is preventing others peers from connecting properly it's always the peers that suffer. The player with the poor connectivity is often unaware that their vehicle is glitching all over the place - destroying other vehicles in the process. In some cases the offending player is unable to see all vehicles on the track, even though other players can see them. Collisions between these cars will see the offending player simply plow through the other car like theyre not even there.

What's silly is the amount of hoop jumping required to keep this game stable while playing online.

If you're NZ feel free to join. I'm just trying to maintain a certain level of latency for everybody. Not sure about the 1:30am start though :p

DMZing a device is a security risk and unnecessary. All you have to do is forward the correct ports. Both options will achieve the same thing as far add GT5 is concerned.

MGR

DMZing a device is a security risk and unnecessary. All you have to do is forward the correct ports. Both options will achieve the same thing as far add GT5 is concerned.

Yep, but many people don't port forward correctly or don't forward all the required ports.

DMZ setup is easy and the security risk you mentioned is negligible seeing as it's only the PS3 in the DMZ.

Toxa

Scion FR-S vs Subaru BRZ vs Toyota GT-86 Event

YXEcf.png

gran-turismo-FRS.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
If we race under 6 Drivers the race will be cancelled

Race starts in:
Next Saturday

Allowed cars:

Scion FR-S
Subaru BRZ
Toyota GT-86​

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
Confort Soft​

Tyre Selection
Confort Medium​
Track:
Motegi East
Laps:
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy (Light damage only if requested by the majority of participants)​
Assists
ABS

Players Participating (4 / 16):
  • 01 - Niks
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - [In//Effect-Mode]
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - BradleyLove
  • 06 - chillumchilla
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7pm GMT
Lounge reset - 7:55pm GMT
Qualifications start - 8:00pm GMT
Race start - 8:15 GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules: Car balancing may change between now and the start of the race. In addition the Mclaren MP4-12C may be added to the car list if a proper balanced tune can be found to compete with the SLS and 458. I may also choose to do a PP check.

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

In both of the online lobby tests I've ran at 25 laps each, my fastest lap was the very last one. The tires dropped about a seventh or so of their grip on normal. Didn't have too much trouble with oversteering, but I have a wheel that I've been using since July if it helps.

paskowitz

Lols. Looks like I won't be able to make it. At least not on time. I have an interview with someone for a school project. We could try Sunday after or before the US F1 race.

Top Bottom