• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Lumine

I can't promise anything, but I would like to try and see if I can make it tonight. I got sidetracked after I bought the game but I've been getting back into it lately. I'm still not very far though and probably not very good either. I think I own a Toyota GT-86 but it might be tuned, though I could buy a new one anyway. I think the Scion is only like 30k or something, right?

I read the rules but I still I got a couple of questions if you guys don't mind answering them;
How long do these events usually take?
No tuning means no upgrades whatsoever? Does this also mean I'm not allowed to change any settings to the car? If not, got any tips on what I should change?
Assists says ABS, so that is the only driving option allowed? I've turned most off I think, except I left ABS on 1 and traction control on 5 I think. I still have to mess with this, but I guess traction controll has to be off as well?
How are crashes handled? A-spec as no damage I think and I've caught myself abusing this frequently. Since there is damage here however, I'm guessing that bumping into an opponent is frowned upon? :p

Anyway, I will try my best to make it. :)

edit: damnit new page :p

Toxa

we can still postpone the race next week in order to get more people and give more time for practice

Scion FR-S vs Subaru BRZ vs Toyota GT-86 Event

YXEcf.png

gran-turismo-FRS.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
If we race under 6 Drivers the race will be cancelled

Race starts in:
This Saturday

Allowed cars:

Scion FR-S
Subaru BRZ
Toyota GT-86​

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​

Tyre Selection
Confort Medium​
Track:
Laguna Seca and Suzuka Circuit
Laps:
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy (Light damage only if requested by the majority of participants)​
Assists
ABS

Players Participating (6 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz
  • 02 - chillumchilla
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - AkumaZetto
  • 06 - Grim1ock
  • 07 - Polyphony
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 Sleeplessnights -
  • R2 - Lumine
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7pm GMT
Lounge reset - 7:55pm GMT
Qualifications start - 8:00pm GMT
Race start - 8:15 GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

track choice is still negotiable

Lumine

It looks like I can make it, but it also looks like it might be postponed to next week?

I added GT5NRL to my PSN friendlist but got an error that his friendlist was full.

Toxa

It looks like I can make it, but it also looks like it might be postponed to next week?

I added GT5NRL to my PSN friendlist but got an error that his friendlist was full.

damn

I'm in the lounge now with paskowitz and sunhilegend

paskowitz

Ask me for friend request and then click the circle next to the coffee cup in the community section under my name.

PSN: thepatriots

Toxa

the party is postponed (next week ?) but you can still join the lounge for some fun
5 drivers in the lounge now

Dibbz

I tried to join, no dice. Kept getting errors when joining the room. PS3 is in DMZ so no idea why it's not working. Going to have some dinner instead. Have fun the rest of you.

Nurburgring race just keeps giving me blank screen with gt logo in corner. Can't join on the Ring for some reason.

Hopefully the NRL races pick up again. I'll be free most Saturdays now :D

Toxa

cool party last night.
at seca patriots was way faster than me but sometimes when I was ahead I was able to contain him.

suzuka east only one race sadly but it was more balanced.

at 24h of nurburgring I had a great battle with patriot before I got Disconnected :D

once again congrats polyphony for you win at seca :)

paskowitz

Using a controller really adds a layer of difficulty to being fast in GT5. This was actually my first non AI race with a controller. I have added redpect for those that use a DS3 and are competitive. With a wheel you have so much more control. On a controller a mm too much input can cause you to lose .25 seconds in an instant.

KaidoRacer7

Using a controller really adds a layer of difficulty to being fast in GT5. This was actually my first non AI race with a controller. I have added redpect for those that use a DS3 and are competitive. With a wheel you have so much more control. On a controller a mm too much input can cause you to lose .25 seconds in an instant.

I have a serious problem. I actually have a GT Force Pro, but my times with this is always worse than when I use DS3 (2 or 3 seconds usually). My control of using throttle/brake is better using my thumb, besides, the steering is better with a wheel (duh!)

I think we had enough of GT86 for a while

:(

Toxa

everyone with the same cars sucks during replay :(
when the car will be unveiled later this month no prob

Toxa

YXEcf.png

500 PP RACE

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
Next Saturday or later

Allowed cars:
Any premium street car tuned to 500pp.
The idea is to have a full grid with no repeated cars, or as varied as possible.
Please state which car you are going to race with.
NO GTR allowed

Since we know PP leveling is not 100% accurate, I suggest not to concentrate on laptimes, but instead on choosing a car that you like driving.
Tuning allowed:
All tuning parts allowed.
You can use engine power limiter.​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:
TBA​
Laps:
TBA
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (0 / 16):
  • 01 -
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Top Bottom