• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Toxa

Clip Cup Part III or The Race before E3

YXEcf.png

grandvalleyspeedway2.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
Next Sunday​

Allowed cars:
Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race car '00 (S)
Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (S)

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:

Autumn Ring
Suzuka​
Laps:
TBA ~15 of 10 laps
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (5 / 16):
  • 01 - Niks
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - chillumchilla
  • 04 - Goldrusher
  • 05 - Toxa
  • 06 - FootballFan
  • 07 - Norante
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - seattle6418
  • R2 - Metalmurphy
  • R3 - Dash Kappei
  • R4 - Gutterboy44
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT
Race 2 quali will start promptly after race 1 finishes. After quali, race 2 will start immediately.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

Dibbz

lol to be fair everyone was going crazy. Had so much fun. When niks got himself onto the grass I tired to close the door on him to keep him there. I'm terrible I know :p

Cool, racing one day before E3. However, with F1 and Nascar, let´s see if i can make it. I´ll test this during the week. Sign me up as a reserve.

Toxa

we need angst, Mush, TheSeks, ufra, Metamurphy, Goldusher, ashk, Risk Breaker, l2ounD, gutterboy44 ...

FootballFan

Same time as last week?
Then count me in. I'll check later to see if I am in possession of that particular vehicle.

Last races were fantastic by the way. Sorry Dibbz for causing your spin at Monaco. That
car (Lotus) was great fun to race with.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Put me down as a reserve for this Sunday!
I haven't played in ages but lately I had this itch to try again GT5 online since my Internet has greatly improved and the controls shouldn't be as laggy for me now... I used to ping an awful 110ms to NGI (Italy's major gaming network) and now I'm down to 12ms so it should be way better; even tho my DL and UL speeds are greatly reduced now, that shouldn't matter at all for gaming online and still be more than enough (7Mb DL/1 Mb UL instead of 24Mb DL/5Mb UL). So, if I can practice a bit, msybe a couple of hours before the race and the missus goes to the movies with her friends I'll def join you. But be warned that I'm only there to add one scrub to the grid and have a bit of fun while coming last&lapped, could never compare to you guys. Plus I hate Suzuka, goddamn why is it always Suzuka when I race on NRL :p

Put me down as a reserve as well. I just fired up GT5 for the first time in a while the other night when the wife was using the computer. I had some fun doing online shuffle races.

Was going to join, logged on to have a bit of practice then realised I didn't have the car and that it was an OCD one.

Will have to check in advance for the next race I guess to make sure if I don't have it I find a way to get it.

Top Bottom