• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

It must be something you guys done. The only thing that it allows is tires. Even changing the downforce, changing ride height, you can't do that.

I had some weight reduction on mine, so i had to get a second account, win the lup in the euro hatch competition an gift it to myself... if everybody is having trouble, can't we just set the limit on PP or HP?

Otherwise grid will be small.

Toxa

C'mon

YXEcf.png

486217SuzukaCircuitpercorsoEst8.jpg

Lupo Cup Party

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1368993600z0.png

Allowed cars:

Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car 03
Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
Sport Hard​

Track:

Monaco Cote d'azure
Nuburgring GP/D
Laps:
10 laps (Monaco)
15 laps (Nurburgring)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: Normal
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (8/ 16):
  • 01 - Ruttyboy
  • 02 - Niks
  • 03 - paskowitz
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - Dibbz
  • 06 - Norante
  • 07 - Risk Breaker
  • 08 - seattle6418
  • 09 - andshrew
  • 10 - KaizorPenguin
  • 11 - Metalmurphy
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - AbandonedTrolley
  • R2 - Angst
  • R3 - Goldrusher
  • R4 - Norante
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT
Race 2 quali will start promptly after race 1 finishes. After quali, race 2 will start immediately.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

Risgroo

I'm trying to earn it on another account, but I don't think I'll make it in time...I have another lupo('01?) maybe I could use that?
AT
And GT5NRL needs to add me, if it's possible. I know I'm really late with the preparations, sorry.

We're in the lobby, Goldrusher has set the pp limit to 377 to avoid any more trouble. Get your Lupos and go! i think those with a bugged Lupo might be able to set the limit. It should be 135hp and 377 pp with oil change.

Can't wait for the pics and gifs. It was awesome racing with everybody. Myself and EdgeyPoo had a battle for the ages on the second race.

So close!

Can't wait for the pics and gifs. It was awesome racing with everybody. Myself and EdgeyPoo had a battle for the ages on the second race.

So close!

Oh yeah, that was nice, and the first time we truly meet in the track at last. I saved the replay just in case although I don't have a capture card.

If only the game didn't crap itself at the start of the first race when I went from 2nd to last because the countdown didn't appear and the screen blackedout :p

Niks

Second race was great.
Great racing all around, the battle from 3rd on was awesome the first 4-5 laps.

First race was just about not making too many mistakes.

Shame Pask and Angst didnt make it.

Dibbz, put ur new awesome capture device to good use and GIF lap 4 at the Nouvelle Chicane LOL

I wonder if it looks as awesome as it felt doing it. Toxa must have seen nothing but smoke in the rear view mirror.

Dibbz

Great fun racing today. Love the low powered Lupo because it allows you to bump and not really fuck up everyone around you. That is unless you bounce of a wall, then good luck because you're gonna wipe out everyone lol.

A quickie for you MM

gt5_lupo_mm40bgx.gif

Amateur Hour with Prats and Edgey lol I kid, I kid.

gt5_lupo_prats_edgeyupr71.gif

Trademark Nurb cutting

gt5_lupo_goldj1jwa.gif

Shame I couldn't stick around for the full race

Great fun racing today. Love the low powered Lupo because it allows you to bump and not really fuck up everyone around you. That is unless you bounce of a wall, then good luck because you're gonna wipe out everyone lol.

A quickie for you MM

gt5_lupo_mm40bgx.gif

Ahh man! You missed the best part :p

Awesome GIFs

prarts

Except some free runs long time ago, I think it was my first serious racing with NRL.
No practice at all (car/tracks combo) so I was curious how it will all come out.

So first race: I finished connecting my wheel just before start, barely managed to join in time. I was running with G27, drinking, pissing, setting table, searching headphones and opening window at the same time lol. After initial shakedowns, race was all about a chase after MM, then due some errors - after Dibbz. Almost got You at the last lap Dibbz, was preparing my attack but...

EdgeyPoo came in lol.

Second race: as I told You after the finish, that was one of the best races I`ve ever had. From last place and huge loss (hammered at first corner and nearly rage quit) to third place with two best lap times (at least my hud was telling me that) in between. Constant battle - great cars that allow some little contacts here and there. Position after position and then I started to working out Niks lines...
Man, it was epic battle for 3rd for many laps. I couldn`t shake You off (pls tone down aero tunnel effect in GT6 PD!), so fcuking close racing. Every enter in the Veedol chicane with You at my back was a test of nerves for me. And I took 3rd place where, at the last corner? pheeeew. Thanks Niks, what a great battle.

Keep them coming guys, it`s a little too late for me (it was <5h of sleep for me today) but I will try and join You more often from now on.

ruttyboy

First off, thanks for amending the rules at the last minute for those of us with Lupo problems. Had a fantastic time, went to bed straight after but couldn't sleep until about 3AM as I was still on a rush!

Race 1:
In quali I missed the first five minutes as I didn't realise the time had started and I was grabbing a drink, d'oh. Once the race started I followed seattle round for the whole 10 laps, kept catching him a little bit then making a stupid mistake and nudging the wall or over braking on the first five laps and widening the gap again. I wish the race was another ten laps longer as about seven laps in I started to settle into it and was catching him. Haven't had time to check the replay but it felt like I was gaining half a second a lap on the last three laps. I was just willing you to make a mistake the whole time seattle but you were ice cool, despite the sparks you were making on the barrier! :) Congrats on a great win.

Race 2:
Had an awful quali, just couldn't put a good lap together, then during the race got embroiled in an epic battle for 6th place with Patau, we probably changed places 10-15 times in half as many laps, but it was good clean fun.

Thanks to all who took part and please accept my sincere apologies if I cut anyone up, I tried to leave room but it's so hard when you can't turn your head to look at your wing mirrors, come on Oculus Rift support!

Also, got to agree with Dibbz, the lower powered cars are great as an accidental nudge doesn't ruin everyone's day.

Sorry for not making it last night, I got the timings all wrong I was home and online at about 7.30-8 but didn't see anyone on so logged off, I should have logged in GAF and checked the countdown timer.

Looks like everyone had a laugh though and will make sure i don't make the same rookie mistake again if I get a chance to be at home for the next race.

Amateur Hour with Prats and Edgey lol I kid, I kid.

Shame I couldn't stick around for the full race

LOL, I know :) God damn magnetic Monaco walls and the DS3, really sorry prarts, I really thought I could make it :p

Top Bottom