• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
K.Sabot said:
T3FVT.jpg

:lol

Saw this on SA.

lol'd hard. Good stuff.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
no spa is fine. would have been a little more organized to choose the condition after selecting a track, rather then lumping em all in on one slider.

nice to see the classics :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Just saw the video. Fapping till my dick runs dry :lol

Special Stage Route 7(new?), no sight of Spa, though it might be like GT4 where more tracks will appear in Practice as you progress in Career so still crossing fingers.

I can finally sleep. Hopefully someone will sift thru the car selection tomorrow. Cant wait :D
If it was like that in GT4 then it will likely be like that in 5.

NOT ALL TRACKS ARE THERE. NORDSCHLEIFE ISN'T THERE!
EDIT: As someone else mentioned TOP GEAR ISN'T SHOWN EITHER though it is confirmed.

Mush

Tracks that are M.I.A

Tracks we KNOW are in:

Dunsfield/Top Gear
Nordschleife
El Captian

Tracks that have been in previous games:

Valencia
Infineon Raceway
Motegi

Midfield
Seattle
Grand Canyon
New York
Hong Kong
Opera Paris
Motorland
Test Course
Seoul
Las Vegas Strip

Rumored tracks:
Spa (sniff)
Hockenheim

What's the deal with the "Rain" / "Time Change". Can we only have rain / time of day on certain tracks? Hardly any of them have the option. :S

-viper-

Banned
GT ORIGINAL TRACKS:
HIGH SPEED RING
TRIAL MOUNTAIN
DEEP FOREST RACEWAY
GRAND VALLEY SPEED WAY
GRAND VALLEY EAST
EIGER
AUTUMN RING
AUTUMN RING MINI
CAPE RING
CAPE RING NORTH
CAPE RING SOUTH
CAPE RING INSIDE
CAPE RING PERIPHERY

WORLD TRACKS:
SUPERSPEEDWAY INDY
SUPERSPEEDWAY DAYTONA
MONZA
TSUKUBA CIRCUIT
LAGUNA SECA
CIRCUIT DE LA SARTHE
NURBURGRING GP
FUJI SPEEDWAY
SUZUKA CIRCUIT
ROAD COURSE INDY
ROAD COURSE MONZA

CITY:
ROME
SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 7
MADRID
TOKYO 246
SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 5
CLUBMAN STAGE ROUTE 5
MONACO
LONDON

SNOW/DIRT:
TOSCANA
CHAMONIX MAIN
EIGER MAIN

Here is what I wrote down based on the video. Didn't bother with the variations or reverse tracks except for Cape Ring, Autumn Ring and Grand Valley since the layouts looked unique enough. There are more 'unique' layouts for Snow/Dirt too, but I couldn't be arsed to put them in.

I count 35 tracks.

Track list looks pretty good to me.

In GT4 practise mode not all the tracks were available. We're missing Nurburgring 24hr layout and Top Gear track, so maybe, just maybe we'll see a couple of more such as, SPA?

phosphor112 said:
NOT ALL TRACKS ARE THERE. NORDSCHLEIFE ISN'T THERE!

Came here to post this.

Calm down folks, remember GT4!!!

Lots of tracks were unlocked on practice mode once you advance in the game.

Nothing to worry about. Some tracks we´ve seen were not shown there, like Nordschleife and Top Gear.

-viper- said:
GT ORIGINAL TRACKS:
HIGH SPEED RING
TRIAL MOUNTAIN
DEEP FOREST RACEWAY
GRAND VALLEY SPEED WAY
GRAND VALLEY EAST
EIGER
AUTUMN RING
AUTUMN RING MINI
CAPE RING
CAPE RING NORTH
CAPE RING SOUTH
CAPE RING INSIDE
CAPE RING PERIPHERY

WORLD TRACKS:
SUPERSPEEDWAY INDY
SUPERSPEEDWAY DAYTONA
MONZA
TSUKUBA CIRCUIT
LAGUNA SECA
CIRCUIT DE LA SARTHE
NURBURGRING GP
FUJI SPEEDWAY
SUZUKA CIRCUIT
ROAD COURSE INDY
ROAD COURSE MONZA

CITY:
ROME
SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 7
MADRID
TOKYO 246
SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 5
CLUBMAN STAGE ROUTE 5
MONACO
LONDON

SNOW/DIRT:
TOSCANA
CHAMONIX MAIN
EIGER MAIN

Here is what I wrote down based on the video. Didn't bother with the variations or reverse tracks.

35 and counting. Also, no Nordschleife, Top Gear (Dunsfold), or Laguna Seca. It wasn't in the video but those are all confirmed.

TylerD

phosphor112 said:
35 and counting. Also, no Nordschleife, Top Gear (Dunsfold), or Laguna Seca. It wasn't in the video but those are all confirmed.

Laguna Seca is in the video at 58 secs.

What a great starting list! Certainly Spa must be there, we just have to unlock it.

offshore

This car and track design is quite troubling just based on this (which I know isn't the whole story). But only being able to buy certain manufacturers cars' at a certain level, and seemingly so with tracks?

Psychotext said:
What's the deal with the "Rain" / "Time Change". Can we only have rain / time of day on certain tracks? Hardly any of them have the option. :S
there was one track with rain at night, special stage route 7. that's where that night/rain gif comes from. but there were a few more day/rain and night/dry weather tracks.

dwebo

What the hell, only two rain and no time-of-day variations among the original tracks? I thought there'd be more.

TylerD

dwebo said:
What the hell, only two rain and no time-of-day variations among the original tracks? I thought there'd be more.

They will probably be unlockable just like some of the other stuff that is missing. I expect there to be a healthy variety of "change time" and "rain" tracks when everything is unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom