• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

I´m dying to get back, but here´s the deal: I´m still on the process of moving, i just bought an apartment but it needs to be renovated before i can move in.

I work during weekdays, stay in a hotel, and in the weekends i go back to my parents house where i have some acess to my PS3.

Things will only get back to normal during march or april.

So something on saturdays and sundays i can do from now on.

Add me on PSN: FASJ6418

And we can try to do some races. Last real competition i was in was the David Coulthard challenge and it was pretty cool.

I think PD will release a SuperGT pack close to the beggining of the season (they already said they are working on the HSV-GT), so that might finally get our season 2 of racing going.

Mobius 1

Guys at GTPlanet speculated how this "Course X" could go for 20+ kilometres in total span.

So, maybe you should better establish a championship with old Fiats competing for reach the 1-lap podium via all necessary means :)

It should be, on the Acura trailer you can see a sign with the 7000m mark

I have missed most NRL races since October. Are you getting full grids or is there room to jump back in?

6for8

Nice car list for the next DLC. Future dream DLC would include some really old cars like a Model T, an ATV, a City Bus, BIG RIG, and a group B pack with a new Rally course.

Has anyone actually done any of the more ridiculous endurance races? 9 hours seems bad enough, but at least I can let that run overnight. 24 hours, I'm not sure I'd like to keep my system on that long.

For the extreme endurance races I have used 2 flash drives. Before the start of the race I will backup my save to a drive. Start the race and after a couple of hours I pit and save the race. Quit the game and switch to another flash drive and backup my endurance race. Then I can restore my first save and race online, gift cars and do basically anything I would normally do. When I want to continue the endurance race, stick in the endurance save and restore and race for a couple of hours.

When you finally finish the race you will lose everything that was done on the other save. Login bonus, race rewards and gifts received will be gone. You will have another endurance race checked off with minimal damage to your hands and ps3. I would avoid this method if an update is due as you complete the endurance race. Other games have locked out 1.0 saves when your game is updated to 1.01.

Well, there's always the amount of "ingame days" played in the save file. :p

Curious to know what you guys are at.

Day 3700. Time was spent refreshing the lot.

Niks

I have missed most NRL races since October. Are you getting full grids or is there room to jump back in?
Theres always room, some people cant make it every week or cant make it at the last min so you are welcome to join us anytime.

Just check the NRL thread.

paskowitz

I´m dying to get back, but here´s the deal: I´m still on the process of moving, i just bought an apartment but it needs to be renovated before i can move in.

I work during weekdays, stay in a hotel, and in the weekends i go back to my parents house where i have some acess to my PS3.

Things will only get back to normal during march or april.

So something on saturdays and sundays i can do from now on.

Add me on PSN: FASJ6418

And we can try to do some races. Last real competition i was in was the David Coulthard challenge and it was pretty cool.

I think PD will release a SuperGT pack close to the beggining of the season (they already said they are working on the HSV-GT), so that might finally get our season 2 of racing going.

I will definitely add you. Personally I would really like them to add VLN cars. Audi TT, R8 (premium), BMW M3, Z4, Lexus LFA, Ferrari 458, P4, Lambo Gallardo etc. SGT is nice, but the only new cars that do not participate in other series (Lambo and Ferrari GT300 cars are similar to VLN) are the new BRZ GT300 car and the HSV-10 GT500 car.

My hope for GT6 is a full endurance simulation. Full grid of 50+ cars (50 on screen at once, but 100+ simulated), changing track surface (based on temps, visible dynamic rubbering, humidity etc), safety car and flag rules, full component wear (brakes, tranny, liquids, etc), full pit options (realistic repairs etc), option to swap drivers in pits (co driver waits in spectator lobby for his turn and you trade places), track damage (barriers deform), and obviously the cars to go with. Basically recreating the 24hrs of Nurburgring, Spa, and Le Mans.

Someone just made the following comment on my camera comparison video and I'm really hoping it's true because it might be enough to make me start playing GT5 again.

thats your video?

Nice. I have used that as my example to people to show how GT5's carmera is useless.

The camera really helped with rally stuff in GT3 as well as drifting. Cant do shit in GT4/5. GT psp had a good chase camera... dont know why they didnt use it for GT5 or at least give use the option.

Gynoug79

I upgraded my av receiver and have a little problem. When i set GT5 to 7.1 i get sound from all speaker but the "driving over the curb" sound is missing completely.When i set GT5 to 5.1 its there - loud and clear but not in 7.1... Does anyone have the same problem or perhaps a solution ?

Mobius 1

I upgraded my av receiver and have a little problem. When i set GT5 to 7.1 i get sound from all speaker but the "driving over the curb" sound is missing completely.When i set GT5 to 5.1 its there - loud and clear but not in 7.1... Does anyone have the same problem or perhaps a solution ?

Experiment with setting the room type between Living Room, Small/Large Theather.

The curb sounds are bass heavy, check your bass levels and subwoofer.

i-Lo

Did you guys know that the B-spec AI drivers do NOT require daylight or rather head lights in the dark to drive properly!?

It's like they are all T101. Oh dear, I think running this 24hr Le Mans race at night with the Formula GT may be the trojan horse that activates my PS3 has the first skynet node outside HQ...

T____T

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm surprised they haven't added any more trophies with any of these DLC packs, I wonder if they are going to do a 3rd release of the game with all the DLC even further into the future.

The new chase cam is so good. You can feel every bump and turn with it now. I only use cockpit and I love this new camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcuenEiCuqM

I couldn't actually race with the old chase cam, I don't know what it was, maybe too stiff or something, but I found it useless to drive, but in the newest update I can drive what feels like just as well as cockpit, it is crazy how such a little change can make such a big difference.

VVV Mars VG

I've become obsessed with these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkti4syMcHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRJcY3XQxf4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c05i5Mo7K6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NEQ4x2H5Ks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3VDLLG7E4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_bG7sbyWQ

5NSpR.png

It's set up like an actual TV broadcast of drifting. There's even commentary. They put an amazing amount of effort into these videos.

Wow fantastic work, I would love the opportunity to create stuff like this on VVV, maybe one day. So many ideas, so little time and resource.

i-Lo

Can anyone shed any light on how many Exp points are available with 2x multiplier for 24 hour Le Mans in B-Spec mode?

Also, do each of the drivers get the same amount of Exp or is it divided amongst them?

Can anyone shed any light on how many Exp points are available with 2x multiplier for 24 hour Le Mans in B-Spec mode?

Also, do each of the drivers get the same amount of Exp or is it divided amongst them?

If you're just grinding do the Spa seasonal race instead- 27 minutes, 700,000xp with bonus.

I want to say the B-Spec 24H LeMans Enduro gives about 3,000,000xp before the bonus, so probably somewhere around 6,000,000xp with it.

The experience is divided up depending on how many laps the driver does. So if you have your high level driver do most laps he'll get most of the xp, while the low level driver will get less.

i-Lo

Do the Spa seasonal race instead- 27 minutes, 700,000xp with bonus.

Oh, I do that all the time for credits and exp but I already started the Le Man 24 hr race and am in at around 5 hours and so I was wondering how many exp points am I to receive on completion. I read it's around 2 million but it is unclear whether or not it includes the multiplier.

Oh, I do that all the time for credits and exp but I already started the Le Man 24 hr race and am in at around 5 hours and so I was wondering how many exp points am I to receive on completion. I read it's around 2 million but it is unclear whether or not it includes the multiplier.

Well I found a video on youtube showing the end of the race and the guy got 2.8 million xp, but it's from April and I think they've increased the xp prizes since then.

GMHBu.jpg

Either way you'll be getting a shit ton.

i-Lo

Well I found a video on youtube showing the end of the race and the guy got 2.8 million xp, but it's from April and I think they've increased the xp prizes since then.

GMHBu.jpg

Either way you'll be getting a shit ton.

Thanks mate. I am on 39 atm and just want to reach 40. That said, I think my driver will still be shy of 40 even if the overall level goes up.

Emwitus

Why do people talk about Bugatti all the time like its the be all of cars? Their are tons of other cars in GT that look far better.......Plus, we have the X1

Before GT5 came out, watching Top Gear where they describe it as the best car ever and seeing other media go crazy about the Bugatti I thought it was awesome and was disappointing knowing it was a standard car in GT5. Once I actually drove the car in the game I soon realised the car is crap, its handles like a boat, the only good thing about it is its straight line speed other than that its rubbish, way to overhyped. What DLC I would love to see is a racing car pack, DTM, SuperGT, GT1 or GT3 etc.

The Super Sport is supposed to handle better than the standard model. But it's still every bit as unappealing visually. I think the McLaren F1 was the last "fastest street legal car" that looked amazing. It actually still looks amazing even today.

Since we're talking about fast cars, why didn't Top Gear ever give the SSC a shot when it was the fastest car out there? It held the record for nearly three years and has never appeared on Top Gear. I know some believe that they have a bias against US made cars, but Jeremy was in love with the new Ford GT at one point.

Mush

Is this where we post our hypothetical DLC packs for the eleventy billionth time? Cool.

DTM Pack Thing of Stuff (Kaz said he wanted it, I don't know if that was wishful thinking or something in the pipeline)

2012 Audi A5
2012 BMW M3
2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Circuit Park Zandvoort

Super GT Pack Thing of Stuff

2012 Nissan GT-R
2012 Lexus LFA (Pretty much confirmed to replace the SC430 in this years SUPA GT, surprised there hasn't been footage yet of it in race trim)
2012 Honda HSV-10 GT

Twin Ring Motegi

Go on Kaz, prove me wrong.

amar212

The following will be heavy tuna-fishing, but at this point - especially after this particular DLC announcement - I somewhat speculate the following:

GT6 game for PS3 is being made as we speak. All this DLC content we are getting for the GT5 are in fact parts and bits of modelling done for purposes of GT6. Notice the actual breakdown of the cars modelled so far: basically Racing Modifications of the in-game models (remember we still didn't get RM'd Corvette, Viper, Clio or Swift, all available in Prologue for instance), 2012 models (Aventador, VW's, GTR..), retro models (Beetle), iconic model (XJ9), etc..

Same with the tracks, gear, features, etc.

Despite the announcements for the E3, I really do not foresee PS4 on horizon before late 2013. I somewhat have hope how full GT6 game will be announced either for late 2012 or early 2013 for the PS3. Also, we can all be very sure how their decision to make crazy-modelled Premiums is real foundation for the next-gen. Once the new hardware is done, they will just use those high-poly models in the real-time. Basically, PhotoTravel quality models being available on-screen.

They've finally built the foundation to the end and I really do not think how 150 people at PD are just producing GT5 DLC, adding features and making promotional videos for new cars at this point, no way. Also, missing an opportunity to release another GT game on the current generation - after the 7 million GT5 being sold, and incoming XL/Spec II editions.. too much potential and finally a good PS3 userbase to simply pass it onto PS4 without making an additional profit.

Also, so many potential improvements can be done in the new game which I do not see being added to GT5 simply because they would do greater benefit to the *new* game: greatly expanded A/B Spec careers, new and revamped online modes (Leaderboards and Matchmaking on the first place and some kind of Autolog implementation), possible simplified Livery Maker, additional surroundings for the Course Maker and new options for it (enhanced creation and design, point-to-point stages, etc..), new community features (Teams for example, ability to switch drivers in longer races, etc), and of course new tracks and everything. And motorcycles, we've waited long enough.

Something is cooking there.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I would actually prefer GT6 on the PS4 though. It would be a fantastic launch title to showcase what the hardware can do. PS3's install base is very big right now, so it seems logical Sony would want to cash in on it, but currently GT5 has enough content to make me keep playing for a few years, so another game just feels pointless at this point. They mentioned something about saving Kart Races for GT6 last year, so it does seem possible that we may end up seeing GT6 on the PS3 itself.

Massa

I would actually prefer GT6 on the PS4 though. It would be a fantastic launch title to showcase what the hardware can do. PS3's install base is very big right now, so it seems logical Sony would want to cash in on it, but currently GT5 has enough content to make me keep playing for a few years, so another game just feels pointless at this point. They mentioned something about saving Kart Races for GT6 last year, so it does seem possible that we may end up seeing GT6 on the PS3 itself.

Yeah, same here. I'd rather see the next GT on the Vita and PS4, I'm fine with GT5 until then.

If GT6 is indeed for PS3, it'll be releasing pretty much at the end of it's life cycle right? A good idea (I think it's neat anyway) would be to release a port of GT6 for the PS4 at launch, at a budget price (39-49). Full LOD models, 32 cars on track, improved effects, etc. Your GT6 PS3 save should be compatible too. It's pretty much a fat cash in but it'll be good for a launch title.

Speaking of GT6 I remember spending an afternoon a few months ago making my dream track list. I should find it and post it.

GT6 game for PS3 is being made as we speak. All this DLC content we are getting for the GT5 are in fact parts and bits of modelling done for purposes of GT6. Notice the actual breakdown of the cars modelled so far: basically Racing Modifications of the in-game models (remember we still didn't get RM'd Corvette, Viper, Clio or Swift, all available in Prologue for instance), 2012 models (Aventador, VW's, GTR..), retro models (Beetle), iconic model (XJ9), etc..

I just really can't see this being the case unless Sony wants it. Kaz has made it pretty clear in interviews that the PS3 is holding them back. I think it makes a lot more sense for them to keep releasing DLC for GT5 while building the next game on the PS4. They should be able to scale down the models for the PS3 without too much problem. '

It also seems like it would be in Sony's best interest to have a new GT ready shortly after the PS4's launch (like GT3 on the PS2) instead of years after. If PD has to release another GT on the PS3 that would almost certainly push back the date for a PS4 entry.

yogaflame

Why do people talk about Bugatti all the time like its the be all of cars? Their are tons of other cars in GT that look far better.......Plus, we have the X1

Well its the fastest and most powerful street legal car on earth especially Super SS. You can Google it and you will see that it is the most powerful and fastest car on Earth

Darkkn

Problem with ps4 version of GT is going to be the tracks. Like half of the tracks in gt5 are shoddy ps2 ports and look ugly. Even the new ones look so-so in places and more so on ps4... It's going to be a lot of work.

It already looks very inconsistent in in many places driving beatifully modelled cars on tracks that don't really belong to this generation of consoles.

Gynoug79

Experiment with setting the room type between Living Room, Small/Large Theather.

The curb sounds are bass heavy, check your bass levels and subwoofer.

Thanks Norante but i checked everything. Bass Levels are fine in 5.1 so i guess they should be fine for 7.1 too ? Played around with Living Room,Small and Large Theater and the diffrent dynamic range settings and crossover frequencies in the receiver but the curb sound is still almost none existant no matter in what view. I have searched GTplanet and some people experience problems in 7.1 since 2.02 update but they all talk about missing engine sounds....

offshore

GT6 on PS3 is an easy profit opportunity. They just roll up all the DLC cars and tracks and put them on the disc, along with a few new tracks and cars. But it's unlikely the car count would increase, and the alpha is still going to look shit, we'll probably still have mammoth wiper tearing, so, dunno if want.

Plus, we have the X1

You say it like it's a good thing.

yogaflame

Fast on the straights, slow as hell in the corners. Hmm, could be interesting doing a Veyron vs Aventador Nordschleife race...

We dont need Ps4 or any next gen console, since Ps3 has allot of power and allot of games left. Well Super SS is still a good addition but actually what i want is the best performing and fastest car in Top gear and that's the Ariel Atom

Top Bottom