• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Ravage

I would actually prefer GT6 on the PS4 though. It would be a fantastic launch title to showcase what the hardware can do. PS3's install base is very big right now, so it seems logical Sony would want to cash in on it, but currently GT5 has enough content to make me keep playing for a few years, so another game just feels pointless at this point. They mentioned something about saving Kart Races for GT6 last year, so it does seem possible that we may end up seeing GT6 on the PS3 itself.

Yeah, same here. I'd rather see the next GT on the Vita and PS4, I'm fine with GT5 until then.

I too would rather see GT6 as a PS4 launch title and have PD continue supporting GT5 with regular updates. Personal preferences aside, another PS3 GT might make more financial sense but i have a feeling Sony will opt for long term benefit by readying a full fledge GT title for next-gen launch.

sTeLioSco

Banned
ill definetly get this car pack also,dont know yet about the track....
maybe ill save that for more good car dlc since i got spa

hope we get more free cars like ft86 and schulge gtr however :)

We dont need Ps4 or any next gen console, since Ps3 has allot of power and allot of games left. Well Super SS is still a good addition but actually what i want is the best performing and fastest car in Top gear and that's the Ariel Atom

I want the opposite. There's MORE than enough super speedy cars. I want some shit cars.

Bring me more Vauxhall Corsas.
Bring me more Ford Fiestas.
Bring me more Ford Cortinas.
Bring me more Rover 2000-series.

and finally

Bring me a fucking Reliant Robin!

This is what seperates GT from most other driving games, it loves all cars be they beasts or peanuts, personally I love the peanuts.

I haven't played much GT5 recently but got back into it last night. In my inbox, there's the Redbull car as a "gift" from back in October. How do I get this? I can "receive all" (doesn't seem to do anything), or I can add it to my items list. When I do that, it doesn't show up in my items list. It just remains in my inbox.

How do I get it?

I would actually prefer GT6 on the PS4 though. It would be a fantastic launch title to showcase what the hardware can do. .

You're right It would be great if they manage to launch the PS4 with GT6. Now that would be something. I can't wait to see what PD can do with more powerful hardware

Looks like the jumped the gun on the blog post, probably do to it being leaked. It links to a gt link that doesn't exist yet.

So wait, we have to pay for a freaking test track?

Unreal.
Are you serious? You're starting to sound like the folk at GTPlanet.

Why would it ever be free? You should be surprised and thankful when you get stuff for free, not the other way around.

Considering everything we've gotten for free so far, I don't mind. :D

Huh, no mention of the new Acura?

That one, like the FT-86, is gonna be free.

If GT6 is indeed for PS3, it'll be releasing pretty much at the end of it's life cycle right? A good idea (I think it's neat anyway) would be to release a port of GT6 for the PS4 at launch, at a budget price (39-49). Full LOD models, 32 cars on track, improved effects, etc. Your GT6 PS3 save should be compatible too. It's pretty much a fat cash in but it'll be good for a launch title.

Speaking of GT6 I remember spending an afternoon a few months ago making my dream track list. I should find it and post it.

That would be pretty interesting, they could just call it GT7 Prologue.

DEO3

I broke my ankle in November and have been dying to play, especially since I've been watching a ton of Top Gear to pass the time, but I play with a wheel and can't operate the pedals - so I tried playing with the controller last night, and it was terrible. 8(

i-Lo

How about PD made polls for top 2-3 tracks and top 5-10 cars on either their own or Sony's website? Let them select a potential group of tracks they want to do anyway and select the top two to three that get the highest votes and the same for cars. Of course, tracks would take longer than cars so they could simultaneously launch best voted cars with their selection of tracks until the highest voted tracks are ready.

I really want to try:

1. Ariel Atom

2. Some RUFs in premium form

At this point, I am getting tired of all the Nissans no matter how good they are.

offshore

Are you serious? You're starting to sound like the folk at GTPlanet.

Why would it ever be free? You should be surprised and thankful when you get stuff for free, not the other way around.

You don't feel that paying for what is essentially machine test, a part of every previous GT, is just a bit incredulous? Spa is a track worth paying for; Bathurst would be a track worth paying for... not an oval that has been part of every GT. Put a proper track up as DLC... not a $4 oval.

Dr Frasier Crane said:
Bring me more Ford Fiestas.
Bring me more Ford Cortinas.
The only Ford we really need...

pa56L.jpg

Emwitus

So wait, the course is just an oval test track? Meh :|

Its an oval test track yes, but Polyphony has also added additional features to the track...so You can track PERFORMANCE(acceleration and g-force) of the car at certain distance intervals. I think thats pretty cool Shows you how much Dedidcation polyphony has since the game itself is being updated with NEW features. I love it.

6684344927_6fc12da617_z.jpg

And the track itself is a beauty to take pictures. I wonder if it will have different times of day.

Did I miss something? Where was it said it's an oval track?

You don't feel that paying for what is essentially machine test, a part of every previous GT, is just a bit incredulous? Spa is a track worth paying for; Bathurst would be a track worth paying for... not an oval that has been part of every GT. Put a proper track up as DLC... not a $4 oval.
I'm still missing what exactly is it that should make it free.

You paid for the game 1 year ago, you got what you paid for. You didn't really buy the game thinking, and because, you were gonna get free stuff in the future did you? So what exactly made you think this would be free? Being "worth" it or not for you isn't exactly a guideline as to what gets to be free and what doesn't.

Emwitus

The only Ford we really need...

pa56L.jpg

So you think, REGARDLESS OF THE MAN HOURS THAT MIGHT HAVE GONE INTO REPRODUCING THE TRACK, we are entitled to getting it free? Really?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You're right It would be great if they manage to launch the PS4 with GT6. Now that would be something. I can't wait to see what PD can do with more powerful hardware
Yeah, btw are you using your GT30 with this game? I'm kind of worried about image retention because there are a lot of menus and static images. Glad we can turn off the HUD though.

If GT6 is indeed for PS3, it'll be releasing pretty much at the end of it's life cycle right? A good idea (I think it's neat anyway) would be to release a port of GT6 for the PS4 at launch, at a budget price (39-49). Full LOD models, 32 cars on track, improved effects, etc. Your GT6 PS3 save should be compatible too. It's pretty much a fat cash in but it'll be good for a launch title.
That's a good idea, actually.

magawolaz

Well, the blog articles suggest it's really an oval track...
Route X is a massive oval with giant banking corners [...]
[...] is the Speed Test Pack. Featuring an oval track and a performance measurement mode [...]
don't know if it comes in different layouts (e.g. Indy or Daytona)

Putty

Absolutely count me in on the new dlc! I'm 100% convinced the new track is day/night, and I imagine the harbour section(s) will look spectacular! Guess we'll know soon enough.

Well the footage we have seen suggest straights and banked turns. Also GT4 used an oval for performance tests.

We only saw one turn on that track :p Doesn't make alot a sense to assume they're all the same. As a test track it should have all sorts of long and tight turns, as well as huge straights.

*edit*

Well, the blog articles suggest it's really an oval track...

don't know if it comes in different layouts (e.g. Indy or Daytona)

Guess not.

offshore

So you think, REGARDLESS OF THE MAN HOURS THAT MIGHT HAVE GONE INTO REPRODUCING THE TRACK, we are entitled to getting it free? Really?

Yes, behold the detail that all those man hours created!

6684344841_f2b44b7e34_o.jpg

And before you invoke the other detail, Polyphony have had that done for over two years... we saw all the habour detail in the first FT-86 video...
you can see the floodlights at the side of the track.

jysDc.png

I also never said we were entitled to it for free, but I also do not see why such a track cannot be included in the update, with a more relevant course put up for DLC. Charging for a track and a mode that has been in GT since the beginning seems off.

Driving Park > this shitty Route X oval

Polyphony should have expanded the Driving Park test oval and dumped the Complex String, Motorland and Gymkhana layouts in the middle and have roads linking them up.

Melfice7

GT6 on PS4 would be the only game that would make me buy one at launch.

While i understand its good for business a GT6 on PS3, Kaz should pressure to release on PS4 so they can actually improve and fix the annoyances of GT5, if it's released on PS3 it's just gonna be another GT4, bigger and some tweaks, they can do that on GT5 through updates -.-

Dibbz

This DLC has got me wondering how much this has made PD. It must be a significant amount for them to keep pumping out content like this. Also the new track looks amazing. Now there is a proper drag track so people can stay off Top Gear online doing drag races.

This DLC has got me wondering how much this has made PD. It must be a significant amount for them to keep pumping out content like this. Also the new track looks amazing. Now there is a proper drag track so people can stay off Top Gear online doing drag races.

From my online experience, SSR7 was the "go-to" spot for drag racing o_O

Carl

well Prologue sold over 5 million copies, full GT5 has sold over 7 million. The first batch of DLC did over 1 million sales in about 2 days. I'm betting it's a fucking ton of money

Dibbz

From my online experience, SSR7 was the "go-to" spot for drag racing o_O

Yes SSR 7 is as well but that track is meant for that kind of stuff. When I go online in Top Gear I just want to drive around with other cars on the track. Usually it's just people with stupid fast cars drag racing on the air strip section though :( PD should just create a separate version of the TTT with just the air strip. Or maybe they could use the one at the Red Bull hanger. In any case this new track should free up other tracks.

well Prologue sold over 5 million copies, full GT5 has sold over 7 million. The first batch of DLC did over 1 million sales in about 2 days. I'm betting it's a fucking ton of money

wow 1 million?? That's crazy, let alone in 2 days. GT fan base is the best fan base amiright?

i-Lo

Just checked in on the 24 hour Le Man B-spec race and right now it's around 17 hours and 30 min mark and the physical degradation to the cars is just... wow 0_0

Emwitus

Yes, behold the detail that all those man hours created!

6684344841_f2b44b7e34_o.jpg

And before you invoke the other detail, Polyphony have had that done for over two years... we saw all the habour detail in the first FT-86 video...
you can see the floodlights at the side of the track.

jysDc.png

I also never said we were entitled to it for free, but I also do not see why such a track cannot be included in the update, with a more relevant course put up for DLC. Charging for a track and a mode that has been in GT since the beginning seems off.

Hahahaha....Your a funny dude Offshore. A for effort

What car should I use for the Grand Valley race in Online A-Spec? I can muster 2nd with the Ford GT LM II but the cheating ass first place car is still 10+ seconds ahead when I finish.

I'll be giving my Aventadors the "Abu Dhabi" paint job :p

[IM]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2011/11/b2e82b1dd4ece8803d97a000a5687daa.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://alt-a.bitg.net/nightmobile/cars/images2/90000/2000/600/92675.jpg[/IMG]

I'm a horrible person, I know :(

What's the point of even painting your car those colors? If you're driving a Lamborghini then it's already obvious that you have a lot money. They're both really unappealing colors for any car.

Top Bottom