• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Mobius 1

What car should I use for the Grand Valley race in Online A-Spec? I can muster 2nd with the Ford GT LM II but the cheating ass first place car is still 10+ seconds ahead when I finish.

I got it driving clean with the Chaparral 2J on Racing Hard tyres.

If you don't have the car I can send it to you, add me up. (Norante).

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I set up a 9 hour b-spec endurance race before I went out and found that when I came back, the game seems to be having some hiccups or something. It looks like it's running fine, but then it looks like it skips a few frames and the car jumps laterally across whatever part of track it is on. Has anyone ever seen this? I'm hoping that running these races isn't killing my system.

I set up a 9 hour b-spec endurance race before I went out and found that when I came back, the game seems to be having some hiccups or something. It looks like it's running fine, but then it looks like it skips a few frames and the car jumps laterally across whatever part of track it is on. Has anyone ever seen this? I'm hoping that running these races isn't killing my system.

I did the 4 hour roadster enduro today and I think I know exactly what you're talking about. For stretches of time whenever I was in chase cam the game would skip a frame (or 2 or 3 or 4) as I turned. Only happened in chase cam, only happened when I turned, I could easily replicate the problem on a straight by weaving left and right. It didn't happen the entire race, and it was very very obvious when it did. After I finished I did some more races but it was loading slowly so I shut the game down.

i-Lo

His Bob probably enjoys crashing into other bobs. I remember mine was pretty beat up as well after the 9 hour one.

Precisely that and other missteps along the way.

Pics when it's done?

Going to be difficult since I don't think I will be seeing a replay option for that race since I remember the 172 lap Suzuka didn't have one. I will see what I can do.

I did the 4 hour roadster enduro today and I think I know exactly what you're talking about. For stretches of time whenever I was in chase cam the game would skip a frame (or 2 or 3 or 4) as I turned. Only happened in chase cam, only happened when I turned, I could easily replicate the problem on a straight by weaving left and right. It didn't happen the entire race, and it was very very obvious when it did. After I finished I did some more races but it was loading slowly so I shut the game down.

You aren't the only one. I am seeing it too. It looks to only affect the Chase cam and I'd say it's a different one the one available for racing in A-Spec

DarthWoo

Crap. My Bobs easily took the 9 hour race with around 140 laps over the next car since I gave them a FGT to play with, but since my internet had been crapping out all day, despite having made sure I was signed into PSN once the race finished, I lost my 200% bonus. Stupid Verizon.

Niks

30km?! Made with the X1 in mind no doubt.
Still pretty crazy. For comparison, Nascars biggest oval is 4.28km

Kaz give us a 30km road course next.

fucking ridiculous, what's the point of a 30km oval?

the game needs a 30km limit on course maker creations.

No thanks. Driving Park is boring as fuck to look at.

This Route X looks boring as fuck too, but at least the Driving Park environment would have served up something interesting to drive on.

Kaze13

If they can make a 30km straight...Kaz...please, put a few bends and I'll buy at a premium price. Or just make Stelvio pass.

This shot gives you the best idea of just how big this track is

cmscc.jpg

You can see this part far in the distance

auwjue.gif

amar212

the game needs a 30km limit on course maker creations.

..and point to point stages
..and new rally enviroments such as Tahiti, Alps and Grand Canyon (just to name those with assets that already exist in series heritage)
..and few generic "Race Track" environments with different colors of the curbs
..and new algorithm that will allow to choose steps between "elevated" and "flat" sections in the setup menu > having steep ascends and descends on every damn corner is really annoying

And then we can talk about actual *everyday* usability of the Course Maker

We agree again Vanilla, it has to be Friday 13th :)

Mush

I wouldn't be surprised considering Wax's track record (no pun intended) that we will get an updated course creator in a future patch, with point-to-point racing.

Mush

And considering Kaz's love Hybrids and Japanese cars, there's a slight chance we'll see this in the future:

qZvqT.png

V7qXC.png

cJs20.png

Yes, that is a SuperGT Prius.

i-Lo

So if I am reading it right, it is going to be out on 18th of May. Why so far in to the future?

Edit: Nvm, for some reason, google translation is saying it'll be 18th of May on the JP site.

Angst

I've completed slightly more than 1 lap around the earth in GT5 now. 27429 miles so far (not counting all the practice sessions).

55,173.1 miles here, or 88.277 Km.

I also finally golded all the licenses. All that's missing is the X1 event. Not looking forward to that.

paskowitz

I know Kaz has a very strong sense of national pride (or rather Nissan pride) but I really wish he would try to incorporate parts of other country's car cultures. The SEMA and Pebble Beach cars are some of the most interesting in GT5. As much as I like SGT cars, I would rather he add cars that are unique and we have rarely see.

Like:

Classic Racer Pack

Ferrari 32P
gmp1804111.jpg

Lamborghini Countach Race Car
countachr.jpg

Ford Mustang Boss 302 Parnelli Jones Car
s1_1.jpg

Beetle Rally Car
volkswagen_beetle_flying.jpg

Toyota 2000GT Race Car (driven b Carrol Shelby no less)
tumblr_lr1sbyiIEA1qm6egko1_500.jpg

Max Tune Pack (not exactly tuner cars but cars that are tuned to their max performance)

RUF GT9R
9ff-gt9-r_6_top.jpg

Mercedes GLK Hill Climb Car
mercedes-benz_glk_renntech_pikes_peak_sema01-540x359.jpg

Alpha 9 GTR
2009-AMS-Performance-Nissan-GT-R-Alpha-9-7.jpg

Hennessey Venom GT
hennessey-venom-gt-2.jpg

Concept Pack

Ferrari P4/5
xin_260703311157061287277.jpg

NSX before the current redisgn (how cool would it be to drive a car that WILL NEVER be made!)
acunsx_10_spy-9-626x382.jpg

SAAB AeroX
AeroX_opening.jpg

Renault Espace F1 Concept Van
Renault_Espace_F1_van.jpg

Not that I have anything against what we have gotten so far... but I find what makes GT different is driving cars you have never heard of before and realizing how amazing they are. Before the GTR, Evo, etc became main stays in the US, people discovered them through Gran Turismo.

"The only speed test that is included in the pack, "Special Stage Route Oval X" is between 12km straight on one side alone, boasts a total length 30km"

I remember there were some requests from fans of this game (and the other) for a VW Ehra-Lessien type track, and this is the closest one we'll get at this point :p

Haters gonna hate. My friends and I already have some ideas on what to do in this track :lol

wow, managed a 853rd in the global ranking on the Spa + Rain time trial. First time being in the top 1000 lol

And I did some really early braking on a couple of turns and lost traction once. Could maybe get it to top 500.

i-Lo

wow, managed a 853rd in the global ranking on the Spa + Rain time trial. First time being in the top 1000 lol

And I did some really early braking on a couple of turns and lost traction once. Could maybe get it to top 500.

Do you use steering wheel?

Btw, I understand that X1 is bitch to handle with stick but with a wheel it should be a dream.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Question:

The XL edition, will it include next week's DLC? Track and cars?

The reason I ask is that a friend got a PS3 for xmas and he is wondering if he should wait for XL, or just get GT5 now and DLC piecemeal.

Question:

The reason I ask is that a friend got a PS3 for xmas and he is wondering if he should wait for XL, or just get GT5 now and DLC piecemeal.

At first they said that it would, then removed the "and dlc from early 2012" part. He's gonna have to wait and see.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Question:

I believe the US blog clarified it would NOT include the new DLC (speed test/pack 3).

Bryan1321

Banned
Hi Gaf. Recently i started to think about getting a PS3 (i always did great with Wii-PC combo) but as Gran turismo fan. The XL edition got me thinking that maybe now its the time so if anyone could answer this questions will be great:

1.- The Xl edition includes the supersweet Nissan Leaf?

2.- Should i wait to a PS3 pricedrop or just go with the 160GB one?

3.- Its kind of an error getting a ps3 for this game? (again long time racing fan...)

Thats all gaf.

And those online leagues videos are great

Hi Gaf. Recently i started to think about getting a PS3 (i always did great with Wii-PC combo) but as Gran turismo fan. The XL edition got me thinking that maybe now its the time so if anyone could answer this questions will be great:

3.- Its kind of an error getting a ps3 for this game? (again long time racing fan...)

Thats all gaf.

1. No

2. I don't think there's gonna be one for a while.

3. Might be, but there's many other great games to justify your purchase. Might also be useful as a PC<->TV streaming device.

paskowitz

Thats all gaf.

Do yourself a favor and get a force feedback wheel with the game. A Logitech Driving Force GT is probably the cheapest option (at around $100). GT5 is still fun with a controller, but a wheel just takes the game to another level. Its essentially the price of 2 more games.

Bryan1321

Banned
Do yourself a favor and get a force feedback wheel with the game. A Logitech Driving Force GT is probably the cheapest option (at around $100). GT5 is still fun with a controller, but a wheel just takes the game to another level. Its essentially the price of 2 more games.

Well im certain it its the best way to play it.. but you know it is going to be an investment on its own. Im looking at the PS3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel 130$ i think is the official one. But i suppose its awesome given by the look

Thats all gaf.

2. It's unrealistic to expect another price drop until August, so there's really no reason to wait. Besides, when they drop the price, it's going to be $50.

3. That really depends on how much gametime you'll get with GT5 and how much you value that time. Even if just GT5 doesn't validate your purchase there are loads of other great games that easily should and those aren't just racing games.

DarthWoo

Wow, Bobs can be utter morons when it comes to self-managing pit stops in the rain. Despite there still being a good amount of rain on the track and reliably spinning out of control on any turn while on Racing Hard, every time they pass the starting line again they want to pit and change out of the Intermediates I had to manually pit them to get. I have to cancel their pit every lap.

Wow, Bobs can be utter morons when it comes to self-managing pit stops in the rain. Despite there still being a good amount of rain on the track and reliably spinning out of control on any turn while on Racing Hard, every time they pass the starting line again they want to pit and change out of the Intermediates I had to manually pit them to get. I have to cancel their pit every lap.

They also pit if their energy is low, and you can set what tires they change to in the Pit Strategy menu

Top Bottom