• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Niks said:
Who is going to judge which track is to be selected?
Maybe we should do a testing session this Saturday to try each of them in the lounge?

I was going to propose something like that. The voting method I have no idea, though.

Angst

Niks said:
Who is going to judge which track is to be selected?
Maybe we should do a testing session this Saturday to try each of them in the lounge?
Something like that yeah. After the NRL race perhaps.

Edit - looks like registration has been slightly delayed. Mush or UFRA will probably drop by and update you guys later.

Reminder: sort out the teams guys:
Angst said:
Confirmed teams:
1. Angst + gutterboy44
2. UFRA + Niks
3. Toxa + RounD
4. Ashk + MikeDub
5. Seattle6419 + chimilosky
6. brentech + risk breaker
7. kaze13 + polyphony

Drivers looking for team mates or unconfirmed team status: (Click their name for their neogaf profile)
Dibbz
Dead Man
Mush
SunhiLegend
TheSeks
Metalmurphy (currently banned, soon to return)
[In//Effect-Mode]
Konosuke
Weekend_warrior
JuicyBob
El Beefo
h3ro

UFRA

Yeah don't forget guys, you must have your team ready to go in order to claim a car for Season 2. That's a pretty big list of solo people right now. :p

Unofficially: Registrations may be delayed until tomorrow at a time where it's convenient for most people.

A second friend (EFJ) has made a Gaf account because he wants to be a part of Season two.

God knows how long it will take for him to be able to post.

Can i help him somehow to get into the league?

ashk

UFRA said:
Yeah don't forget guys, you must have your team ready to go in order to claim a car for Season 2. That's a pretty big list of solo people right now. :p

Unofficially: Registrations may be delayed until tomorrow at a time where it's convenient for most people.

It's already too late here so I hope this still stands in the morning :p

Mush

Let's kill some time by talking about our favourite Season 1 moments.

My pick, (and this may come as a surprise to you) is the opening few laps of Round 6 @ Fuji. It was just a personal "fuck yeah" moment for me when everything clicked into place. Parade Lap went great and we had a ferocious battle between the top 5 who were all like less than a second or two apart for 3 laps. Unfortunately, it was cut short when Dibbz ran into RounD & Chim, but still, it was amazing to watch live (as I wasn't in that particular race).

I have a video I made of it that I might upload later, along with some other personal highlights from Season 1.

Niks

Favorite moment
It would have to be the Laguna Seca race, where I ran a great race after pitting early due to damage. Last lap mistake cost me a podium, but it was a good race.

Worst moment
Crashing while trying to lap Mush's damaged car on the narrow part of Tokyo track.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Man apparently wants me for a team member. So... I'll sign up under him and we'll do this song and dance again.

Someone fill me in on the last two months or so and what has changed from Season 1->2.

Mush

TheSeks said:
Dead Man apparently wants me for a team member. So... I'll sign up under him and we'll do this song and dance again.

Someone fill me in on the last two months or so and what has changed from Season 1->2.
For Season 2, we're allowing Traction Control, Chassis Reinforcement, and the addition of Standard Model JGTC cars. More to come when the thread goes up (soon).

TheSeks

Cool. Maybe Traction Control will make it a little easier for us controller users to drive the cars. That or the standards. Who knows.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
Cool. Maybe Traction Control will make it a little easier for us controller users to drive the cars. That or the standards. Who knows.
Cool, we will make it mission to have a higher average finishing place than last! UnDead Seks, rides again!

TheSeks

I just hope I'm not dead last again. :lol I need to put some seat time in again, I haven't played GT5 heavily since the dupe patch.

Also has Mush gotten the whole "time ZONNNNNNESSSSS! *shakes fist*" issue resolved when it comes to practice? I can do evenings or weekends but I'm sure the weekends are going to be held for the races themselves.

Angst

Good to see you guys back! I did a post on the previous page with a preview about next season.

About practice sessions: they have always been ad-hoc, but normally we euros and some in na have practiced at 20.00 gmt. I suggest you have a set time at 3.00 am gmt and just join the lounge around then. There won't be many euros around for obvious reasons.

Or we manipulate time and make the authorities abandon time zones and different continents.

Mush

Just a heads up, things are looking good to have the thread up no later than Tuesday 21.00GMT.

Commanders, report to base for final prep.

Angst

Angst said:
Confirmed teams:
1. Angst + gutterboy44
2. UFRA + Niks
3. Toxa + RounD
4. Ashk + MikeDub
5. Seattle6419 + chimilosky
6. brentech + risk breaker
7. kaze13 + polyphony
8. Dead Man + TheSeks

Drivers looking for team mates or unconfirmed team status: (Click their name for their neogaf profile)
Dibbz
Mush
SunhiLegend
Metalmurphy (currently banned, soon to return)
[In//Effect-Mode]
Konosuke
Weekend_warrior
JuicyBob
El Beefo
h3ro
Stilmatic
I'll add more people to the list as they post here
Dead Man and TheSeks team up again.

Damn, this is shaping up to be kind of like the NBA Draft.

Limited time, limited picks, you´re on the clock, pick your mate, pick your car and go.

Sounds like fun.

If the car choices are anything remotely close to this, then i´ll have to be quick to make sure we don´t end up with a turd.

TheSeks

seattle6418 said:
If the car choices are anything remotely close to this, then i´ll have to be quick to make sure we don´t end up with a turd.

Oh, please, after last season like you need a good car. Take the turd and polish it. I'm sure you'd show all of us up. :p

I´m sensing some Calsonic ´93 thing being thrown at us...

Seriously now, with 35 cars to pick, i´m sure everybody will get a good one and the turds will be left in the dust.

Angst

A little reminder - only one of the drivers in each team will have to sign up for the whole team.

EDIT - it seems mush didn't know we switched to DST this weekend in Europe. lol. But that most likely goes for you guys in NA as well.

Mush

seattle6418 said:
That´s the post i missed. I only checked the new thread, and just fired away.

Missed the last posts on this "old" thread.
It's fine dude. Managed to get that 2nd reserve post in so I'm set. :p

Goodbye old thread. It was fun.

Toxa

Mush said:
It's fine dude. Managed to get that 2nd reserve post in so I'm set. :p

Goodbye old thread. It was fun.

lol it was close for the second post, you've posted at the same minute xD

Top Bottom