• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

ashk

I guess I'm still in. I don't have as much free time as I had last season, but I should be able to make it to most of the races.

Niks

Angst said:
I did the same when I rebooted the NRL. Loads of people seem to have given up on GT and I don't expect them to return. But the hardcore are still here and I think we can get 12-14 grid races - as long as we don't have to do 2-man teams, then we're looking at 7-8 car grids.

I think we can still do a championship, but more open? Meaning, anyone can join at anytime... You would still be rewarded the more you participate or something.

brentech

I'm sure I'll be going back to the game more with the update, but I just can't say I'll always be available, same as the previous season really. Especially now that I'm trying to get back to a normal work position instead of freelancing.

What did the DLC add? I'll be honest, I haven't fired up GT5 is a while. I'd like to join in for Season 3, but don't have the time to practice and race each week. If the format works that I can race every other week then I'd love to join a team.

With the addition of new tracks and possibly new SGT cars, I am definitely in for season 2. Any chance of adjusting the start time of races? Still Saturday 4pm EST?

Mush

I hate to be annoying and all, but how are we going to do this?

We have to make a decision soon, so I'll put it to you guys.

• When do you want to start? Do you want a shortened season or do you want to hold back until next year and have a full season without interruptions?
  • Do you want to have teams?
  • Should weapon attachments be fair game?

Annoying? Nah :p

We could start next weekend, after the DLC and when Spec II hype has gone a little and we're more focused? :p

About the lenght of the season, I was thinking perhaps something like... 8 races, 2 or 2.5 months could be good.

Teams, teams... hard decision. If more than 16 people apply then I don't know, but if we're 16 or less I think we could do teams of 2 or 3 and have everyone race all races. It could be fun.

I think we should start in 2 weeks, there is no point waiting around until next year because that mistake was made last time and people lost interest. 8-10 races is probably a good shout for season length but it depends if we are rolling on a weekly or bi-weekly system I guess. As far as teams go, I think if we can get a an even number of people then we have teams of two on the grid each week, more than 16 people though and I guess we have to do teams anyway and rotate.

Mush

Right, I'm thinking we go with 8 races instead of the 10 originally planned and stick with the teams/drivers we have already (provided they are willing and available, new entries welcome of course). We start next week, with practice this Sat.

Races would be on:
Oct: 22nd, 29th
Nov: 5th, 12th, 19th
Dec: 3rd, 10th, 17th

Sound good?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey Mush, great work!
I'd love to join in the online fun, but I need to ask a couple of questions:

1) is the OP updated? For example, is voice chat still not required? If it isn't, is voice chat on during races as well or only in the lobby (I think races should be smoother without voice chat)?

2) I'd need to do a lag test with you guys before committing on a league. My problem is not the bandwith, which with 7Mbps should be more than enough, but with latency. From Italy and on wifi plus it's heavily dependable on traffic (time of the day). I find that it also depends a lot on the game's netcode (not talking about inherently bad ones), since my online is perfect on Motorstorm Apocalypse and Mario Kart Wii, good on Killzone 3 and MW2 but awful (most of the times) with Forza 3's matchmaking (although at the time I was on a 3.5Mbps line). Far from me wanting to ruin your races (and not have fun myself), I'd love to have a go at online racing with the bunch of you first and then you guys could let me know how it went and if I'm allowed to join the league or not.

Is there a way we could arrange this? :)

Btw, my PSN profile is dashkap.

P.S.
Sorry for the crosspost guys.

Angst

Mush said:
Right, I'm thinking we go with 8 races instead of the 10 originally planned and stick with the teams/drivers we have already (provided they are willing and available, new entries welcome of course). We start next week, with practice this Sat.

Races would be on:
Oct: 22nd, 29th
Nov: 5th, 12th, 19th
Dec: 3rd, 10th, 17th

Sound good?
That's Saturday races for us in the EU+US. I'm cool with that. I wouldn't recommend two-man teams though, every man for himself would certainly be more feasible.

Mush

Right, good to see we have agreed on dates and what not.

Practice will be THIS Saturday (Sunday if you're cool like myself and Dead Man) at 20.00GMT? (subject to change).

Attendees:
1. Mush

If you haven't yet, please add the PSN ID GAFsuperGT so you can join our lounge.

If you reserved a car and formed a team already back in April, please post in this thread if you still wish to compete with you chosen car/teammate. This will help Angst and I decide if we are to stick with the teams format or change to a free-for-all type competition.

The list of previous registered teams as well as a racing etiquette article can be found here and here.

Dead Man

I had a team with Seks, I don't know if he wants to continue, and I don't know if I will be able to make the time. I want to race, but the time is so screwed up for me *grrr* Anyway, if I can get Mondays off work I should be in, but I won't know about that until next week at the earliest.

Mush

Dead Man said:
I had a team with Seks, I don't know if he wants to continue, and I don't know if I will be able to make the time. I want to race, but the time is so screwed up for me *grrr* Anyway, if I can get Mondays off work I should be in, but I won't know about that until next week at the earliest.
You do know we're back to Sundays, right?

Dead Man

Mush said:
You do know we're back to Sundays, right?
Reading. It's fundamental, kids. No, I didn't realise. So you mean the races will be Sat night GMT, so Sunday AM for us? That makes it more feasible, for sure.

I'm still in and I would still like to race with the same car. I haven't seen brentech around here a lot lately, but I obviously wouldn't mind him being my partner again. I wouldn't mind having a new one either, even if it was a rookie :p

Angst

CozMick said:
Question: Are the cars that are used "stock"?

I'd love to jump onboard but tuning just ain't my cuppa tea :\
Sort of. We cap cars of at 50X BHP so we can get an approximately level field. We definitely allow people to adjust suspensions, LSD, gearing, brakes and downforce. If you join us in practice we can usually give advice on how to tune the car properly.

Mush

To add to what Angst said; you can adjust whatever parts the car came with (Gearbox, Downforce, etc), but you can't go adding to Turbos and what not.

Angst

CozMick said:
@ Angst, Mush.

Sounds good chaps. I'm in......if you'll have me :D
Of course you're welcome. Unless your preferred method of taking corners is by using the other cars as bumpers. :)

CozMick

Banned
Angst said:
Of course you're welcome. Unless your preferred method of taking corners is by using the other cars as bumpers. :)

>.< that was never my thing, although I can't make guarantees (yes, I'm still rusty with my DFGT, even after 12 months)

Angst

CozMick said:
>.< that was never my thing, although I can't make guarantees (yes, I'm still rusty with my DFGT, even after 12 months)
Mistakes are cool and we all do them :) Happens all the time and it's part of the race.

Mush

Niks said:
Im in. Same car.
I doubt UFRA will join me this season.
No, sadly I don't think he will be able to due to work. :(

Remember guys, we're planning on starting next week so if you lack a car and a teammate to drive it with, post in here and we'll sort you out.

I'll post a preliminary race calendar later on. Spa will feature on it but it won't be until later on into the championship to give people time to purchase the DLC.

brentech

I want to race, but when season 2 was supposed to start I knew I could race my minimum, if there is none of that business, I should be fine to at least be involved.

I simply don't know if I can make a single race this time around.

Gahh! I WANT TO PLAY!!!

Somebody get me a PS3!

With me moving to a different city and all i´ll probably only fix my PS3 situation in one month. Hopefully Season 2 will wait for me.

If that´s not the case i´ll try to join in progress.

Dead Man

Yeah, despite my best intentions, I don't think I'll be able to make the time for this. I'm just too old to be staying up that late now :( Hope you guys have some fun though.

Mush

Hey guys, I'm really sorry about yesterday. My router decided to go boom on me and I won't be able to get a new one until later on into the week. Even now I'm having to post from the library. Gogo backwards ass country!

Top Bottom