• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

Kyaw

I'm all in for the collaboration between GTP and GAF.

Personally i am looking forward to racing against GAFfers.

Make it happen guys. :D

Juicy Bob

R.I.P Juicy Bob's PS3: 2007-2011

Looks like I've lost both my system and my data. I did have a back-up but that was a few months ago, so I've lost a load of stuff. So gutted. Not going to be able to take part in anything for at least a few months I reckon, I'm about to make a big move and relocate myself to a very different part of the world so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about gaming for the time being.

Thanks to you all for all the great racing we've had, though. I really, really did love racing with you all and I'll continue to follow this community's exploits and whatever you all end up deciding to do. Hopefully I'll be able to join you again some time in the future!

:(

Mush

Juicy Bob said:

Looks like I've lost both my system and my data. I did have a back-up but that was a few months ago, so I've lost a load of stuff. So gutted. Not going to be able to take part in anything for at least a few months I reckon, I'm about to make a big move and relocate myself to a very different part of the world so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about gaming for the time being.

Thanks to you all for all the great racing we've had, though. I really, really did love racing with you all and I'll continue to follow this community's exploits and whatever you all end up deciding to do. Hopefully I'll be able to join you again some time in the future!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4NtSqZcT_4

Dead Man

Juicy Bob said:

:( Damn dude, that sucks.

Dibbz

Damn that sucks. I guess now is the time to update my back up just in case.

Ark I watched a bit of your Fuji race. You guys are good. Racing is nice, close and clean.

Chimilosky

Neo Member
I was traveling, and no watching Brazil vs Paraguay FASJ, I promise for myself don't waste my time with this S _ _ T. so Next week I'm back...

:)

Tideas

Banned
so I bought the nissan GTR '09 Vspec, and upgraded it, and noticed that the car feels really...floaty in races. way more floaty than say, a skyline 34. anyone noticed this?

Dead Man

Tideas said:
so I bought the nissan GTR '09 Vspec, and upgraded it, and noticed that the car feels really...floaty in races. way more floaty than say, a skyline 34. anyone noticed this?
That's because it is approximately 16 tonnes heavier.

In other news, I think my PS3 has risen from its grave. Took it all apart, cleaned it, put it back together, seems to be working now. I don't know what the problem was, weird. Left it on overnight to be sure, rock solid.

Sorry to rub it in Juicy Bob :(

Juicy Bob

Did you follow a guide or did you completely DIY it? I've got nothing to lose trying to fix mine myself so if there's any decent DIY fixing material you have a link to I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself.

Dead Man

Juicy Bob said:
Did you follow a guide or did you completely DIY it? I've got nothing to lose trying to fix mine myself so if there's any decent DIY fixing material you have a link to I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself.
All I followed was a disassembly and reassembly vid on youtube. Guys voice is a bit weird, but it was the clearest video I found. Just cleaned all the shit out, and it seems better. So much quieter than it was. I didn't do the thermal paste thing, but the 'Lived to tell the tale' thread has some links to that if you wanted them. Good luck.

Gynoug79

So if anyone got the league racing itch and hasnt found another place to race already i would love to welcome you at www.worldleagueracing.net. We have a dedicated database for all races we do, so all qualis, racing results, fastest laptimes and so on are saved and easily viewable.
We also have a trophy room for each member where you can marvel about the race and championship trophies you won. Atm we have 2 GT5 and 2 Fm3 Cups running but that number should grow again soon. Click here to see our competition organiser.

Tideas said:

The problem with the New GTR is that it´s too heavy.

It would be a perfect car if the weight was 1200kg or so.

It´s a trend with sports cars these days, and i don´t get it. Gone are the day of 1000kg sports cars. Everything now is 1500-1700kg.

The problem with the GTR is that it understeers and snaps like crazy because of it. Still a great car.

Ark said:
So what are people's opinions on a possible collaboration with our league? We're all for it on our end.

All in.

I really want to play some SuperGT with good clean racers, so i think this is a good oportunity for us to have a full grid, plus reserves and teams.

l2ounD

Niks said:
Im in, the more the merrier.

+1

evo_ring3.jpg

shot from the recent race, I should have had a better battle with ashk but a few mistakes plus having my wheelbase come loose, I felt like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBSQ5Zz18xg

Ark

Just need to double check something, what time do you guys usually start racing/qualifying, in GMT/BST/UTC etc?

Chimilosky

Neo Member
Well guys i'm so ungry with that, I put the B-Spec to race 9 hours Tsukuba yesterday, today when I wake up to see if the race it's over, I saw the game locked, the race was finish but then open a BOX to choice driver and no more Answer, but the race has finish so I FUCKING LOST 9 HOURS OF MY PS3

f0rk

So what's going on with the next season? Been playing a lot of F1 2010 not sure how it will affect my GT5 driving.

Ark

f0rk said:
So what's going on with the next season? Been playing a lot of F1 2010 not sure how it will affect my GT5 driving.

Well, since Angst is out of town and Mush hasn't gotten back to me yet, I was going to ask in here tomorrow, if people would be up for joining our first pre-season race next week.

Our championship finished last night and the plan was to have around four weeks of pre-season races, so that hopefully this GAF - GTP collaboration thing works, because to be honest, I want nothing more than a full grid of 16 people driving cleanly every week for an hour or so.

So I guess you could consider this a heads up for my inevitable post tomorrow, we've got seven available spaces for next weeks first pre-season race at Suzuka. The race length will be one hour, I'll post full details tomorrow for anyone that is interested.

Ark

Well here goes nothing.

Pre-Season race one at Suzuka this Saturday (30th July), there are currently seven available race positions. You can choose any car you like, everything is explained in this thread.

Hopefully Angst is back soon, but in the mean time anyone is welcome to join, would be nice to see some new faces on the grid.

Ark

f0rk said:
Is there a PSN account/lobby to add where we will practice/race?

You'll need to make sure you add my PSN (Arkano6), I'll be on pretty much everyday this week for practice.

Mush

Is it going to be 8 players from each "side" or just whoever turns up?

Also: Angst, if you're reading this, don't feel the need to post or whatever unless you're feeling up to it. We understand you're going through a rough spot atm, and it's more important that you fully recover. Nevertheless, GT-GAF is here for you buddy.

Ark

Mush said:

Pretty much just whoever turns up. I mean we have a minimum of nine people, so I guess you could say it'll be 60/40, providing the response/turnout works out.

Angst

Mush said:

Also: Angst, if you're reading this, don't feel the need to post or whatever unless you're feeling up to it. We understand you're going through a rough spot atm, and it's more important that you fully recover. Nevertheless, GT-GAF is here for you buddy.
Thanks for the sympathy mate. Yeah the thing back home is really fucked up, I'm in Thailand right now, but it's still very tangible and hard for me.

Good of you guys to organize a race and make sure you have fun! Obviously I won't participate, but don't let that stop you :)

Niks

Angst, its an irrational/crazy world we live in.. hope you are doing ok.

Ark, sign me up.
its always interesting to race against new people. Ill FR you later tonight.

Ark

Niks said:
Angst, its an irrational/crazy world we live in.. hope you are doing ok.

Ark, sign me up.
its always interesting to race against new people. Ill FR you later tonight.

Great :) That puts us up to 12 at the moment. I've already got two people who are interested if there's any space left.

Sorry to hear whatever happened Angst, hope all is well.

Top Bottom