• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League Season 2 - Vorsicht statt nachsicht

I believe i can make it on the last week of preseason, because i´ll be on a trip on the following two weekends.

I´ll let people know as soon as my schedule is decided.

Ark

So far that's 4 gaffers, if no one else signs up from GAF, we would be 1 short of a full grid including the interest received on GTP.

f0rk

weekend_warrior said:
So whats going on with the Super GT League? Still on season 2? I'm kinda sad about the lack of NRL. :(

About to enter preseason for season 3, have joined up with Ark's GTP league to fill the grid up.

So what are the rules and structure for the next season? I'd like to join but don't want to burden the load of half a team, so it would be better if you had 4 man teams.

Ark

Good race tonight! Unlucky Niks there at the end, my heart was properly pounding towards the end, I didn't think I'd catch you :)

Sorry for the lag at the start, usually I don't host the races because my connection can't really handle more than 9 people on track at once, so make sure you've added GP-CiaN for next weekend, if you decide to stay ;)

Kyaw

Fun race apart from the lacklustre performance at the start with hard tyres.

I was pushing like a madman in the last stint. Need more people though.

f0rk

Sad I didn't catch up after only pitting twice, you guys caught me half way through my hard stint and I guess you had much better pace to make up for the extra stop afterwards. I was gaining on Maxitsu at the end but messed up and only caught up again on the very last lap.

Ark

jxEru.png

Success Ballast:
GP-CiaN: 70kg
Phil_75: 50kg
C-Falcon89: 30kg

-------

From this weekend onwards we'll be using the revised qualifying plan. Qualy will start at normal time, and finish after 30 minutes. Then the track will be reset again (grid order will have been written down by then) and everyone will line up on the track in order and the race will start. Cars will be let onto the grid in PP order, so the cars with ballast will go on first, to ensure they are using it.

Dibbz

Ark said:
From this weekend onwards we'll be using the revised qualifying plan. Qualy will start at normal time, and finish after 30 minutes. Then the track will be reset again (grid order will have been written down by then) and everyone will line up on the track in order and the race will start. Cars will be let onto the grid in PP order, so the cars with ballast will go on first, to ensure they are using it.
Ark, about the qualification update you got there. I'd recommend you just let GT5 deal with the qualification positions. Reason being the list you see on the right of your screen when doing qualification can be wrong if you have people quiting the track back to the lobby.

GT5 keeps track of all the times even if the list is in the wrong order. We have not had a problem with qualification since. One thing is you must force everyone on track to not quit back to the lobby. This will wipe their time out and ruin the list meaning drivers have no accurate idea how well they are doing in comparison with other drivers. This leads people to believe the grid order is broken when the race starts when in fact it's not, just the list is.

Our method was do practice and wait for everyone to join. When everyone is in we done a track reset (change track then back) sync check (line up in pits, don't leave pit, make sure everyone is highlighted blue on the HUD) then start qualification with automatic start enabled so you can set a time to begin. This has not failed us at all.

Also you guys should introduce a BHP restriction. I brought to your attention the Xanavi Z being 30-40BHP more than the ARTA NSX but that is not the only case. If you limit all cars to 504BHP it puts everyone on equal footing in the race.

Ark

I don't see what that has to do with what I posted at all.

If the track is reset GT5 forgets the previous lap times, we did exactly the same thing that I posted above in our Nurburgring 24hrs race and it worked perfectly.

We could put in a 504bhp power restriction, but that ends up with the NSX's having an advantage over the GT-R, at least in previous experience this has been the case. But don't worry, pre-season is all about testing. Lots of testing to do, fun fun fun :p

Dibbz

My point is don't do a track reset after qualy. Do one before qualy then go straight from that into the race. That way GT5 has all of the times stored and you don't need to write positions down (which would be impossible to get correct)

Ark

Dibbz said:
My point is don't do a track reset after qualy. Do one before qualy then go straight from that into the race. That way GT5 has all of the times stored and you don't need to write positions down (which would be impossible to get correct)

That's what we've been doing since January, but success ballast is not supposed to be implemented into qualy, only into the race. So for that to happen we have to have a 'gap' between the end of qualy and the start of the race.

Dibbz

Ah ok I get ya Ark. One thing I hate about GT5's online race setup is you have to back out all the way to the lobby to make changes to your car. When you pull into the pits you should be able to change settings, not when you're not on the track any more.

Dibbz

Ark I won't be able to race for the next 3 weeks or so. I'm gonna be busy from 9pm onwards. When does your season start? Maybe I can make it back for then.

Ark

Everyone please needs to make sure that they have ErikAndre71 added to their PSN list so they can join the lounge tonight, Erik will be hosting tonights race.

EDIT:

Tonights race will require you to use the Racing Hard tyre for 15 laps. Tonights laps will be 54 in total.

Remembering that GP has 70kg of success ballast during the race, Phil has 50kg and C-Falcon has 30kg. Success ballast does not apply during qualy.

Remember that once qualy has ended, we will do a one-lap race with all the cars in qualifying order and start the actual race after that.

Angst

You guys still don't want to use the GAFSuperGT Lounge? It would save you from having to make sure everybody is friends with whomever hosts the event(s). As I'm back home now I can accept FR to the SuperGT account. As your alternating hosts it also overcomes the hurdle of people's FL getting full...

Ark

Angst said:
You guys still don't want to use the GAFSuperGT Lounge? It would save you from having to make sure everybody is friends with whomever hosts the event(s). As I'm back home now I can accept FR to the SuperGT account. As your alternating hosts it also overcomes the hurdle of people's FL getting full...

The host shouldn't change now, this guy has the internet speed of the gods, even better than the guy we had hosting before, so hopefully, nothing goes wrong.

Angst

Ark said:
The host shouldn't change now, this guy has the internet speed of the gods, even better than the guy we had hosting before, so hopefully, nothing goes wrong.
Hosts and lounges has nothing to do with each other... your guy just have to be the first into whatever lounge and he will be the host of that lounge.

Ark

Angst said:
Hosts and lounges has nothing to do with each other... your guy just have to be the first into whatever lounge and he will be the host of that lounge.

I know, but it saves people having to mess around to get the right guy hosting the room and such.

Angst

Ark said:
I know, but it saves people having to mess around to get the right guy hosting the room and such.
Not really, as he still has to be the first guy in his own lounge to become host. But fair enough, you do it your way and we do it our way :)

Ark

Hard tyre laps for tonight is 8 laps.

Success Ballast:

Erik receives 70kg
Roy receives 50kg
Biffy receives 30kg
GP-CiaN maintains 70kg
Phil can now half his ballast to 25kg.

The success ballast for tonight. Remember to note that tonight we'll be going back to the original way of doing things. Ballast will be applied before the qualifying begins and the race will start after 30 minutes of qualy. No messing around this time.

Just copy/pasting my post from GTP to here if you guys can make it tonight ^_^

EDIT: Forgot to add, we'll be doing a very short 3-lap race just before qualy to see if anyone has any race-ruining lag.

Angst

MikeDub said:
So, are we starting a new season in the coming weeks? it being autumn and all.
I don't know, I'm getting the itch again and was planning to start discussing it to take place first weekend in September.

I haven't talked to mush in a while and I don't know if he is planning to organize again or if perhaps it would be easier to keep doing one-make special events until we in Europe and the US changes our clocks to winter time. Summer time makes it pretty hard for people in NZ and AUS to participate AFAIK.

Angst said:
I don't know, I'm getting the itch again and was planning to start discussing it to take place first weekend in September.

I haven't talked to mush in a while and I don't know if he is planning to organize again or if perhaps it would be easier to keep doing one-make special events until we in Europe and the US changes our clocks to winter time. Summer time makes it pretty hard for people in NZ and AUS to participate AFAIK.

When do the clocks go back? I was just wondering if we are even doing it again as I was considering bringing my PS3 back to life or just throwing it away.

Mush

So yeah, just a cheery hello to all our long time followers (and stalkers, we know who you are).

With the upcoming apocalypse wave of updates and DLC, I thought it'd be cool if we could gauge some interest in a relaunch of Season 2. The problem I foresee however is if the "DLC" is actually "DLC" and costs money, how many of you would be willing to stump up the cash for the new content? Of course, we don't actually know what is in these new packs Kaz has promised, but ideally there would be some new venues for us to play around with (unless Kaz is just trolling us and these track packs happen to be just new music for us to listen to while we weep profusely).

Angst

I'll be in like Flynn.

DST is coming pretty soon and that would make it easier for people in the Pacific to attend us Euros and Americans.

If tracks costs money we use them anyway. I can't imagine anyone still playing GT5 regularly that wouldn't want to pay for new tracks.

Dead Man

Angst said:
I'll be in like Flynn.

DST is coming pretty soon and that would make it easier for people in the Pacific to attend us Euros and Americans.

If tracks costs money we use them anyway. I can't imagine anyone still playing GT5 regularly that wouldn't want to pay for new tracks.
Didn't even think of the DST change, I'll have to crunch the numbers! And yeah, even though I bitch about GT5 a lot, I will be getting all the content, except the racing gear if it is just suits and whatnot.

If I can "afford it" I'll buy it, because I'm dying to have more tracks and because I want to show my appreciation for their support of the game.

And if the DLC includes the HSV and/or Spa I'm going to flip my shit and bust a nut all over my tits (o_O).

Obviously I'd try to participate. And if we could keep the SuperGT League and the NRL it'd be nice, maybe one could be held on friday and the other on sunday or something?

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
If I can "afford it" I'll buy it, because I'm dying to have more tracks and because I want to show my appreciation for their support of the game.

And if the DLC includes the HSV and/or Spa I'm going to flip my shit and bust a nut all over my tits (o_O).

Obviously I'd try to participate. And if we could keep the SuperGT League and the NRL it'd be nice, maybe one could be held on friday and the other on sunday or something?
The problem with Friday races is that US-GAF is still at work at our usual race time. Saturday + Sunday works though. Or we can think of something else - we'll work it out :)

Mush

While we wait for the release of Spec II and the subsequent DLC that will follow it, perhaps we can use this time to get the ball rolling again.

So, I guess the first thing we need to address is how soon we want to get back on track (pun intended) after the release of Spec II/DLC. ASAP? Or do we wait until the holidays have passed over and relaunch in the new year? Let me know!

One thing we had attempted to get going before hack-gate spoiled our fun was the track creation contest, in which the winner would receive eternal internet fame by having their course featured on the championship calendar. Now, we don't know yet if Spec II will have any additions to the course creator, but if you still wish to enter, feel free to do so! If you have already submitted an entry, but wish to send in a different track, that's cool as well. Just make sure that course uses the "Eifel (Circuit)" theme and that the course is no longer than 6km (4 miles) in length and you're good to go!

If you haven't already, make sure to add the PSN ID GAFsuperGT to your friends list and make sure that your track has been shared.

Also, if you're in need of some inspiration, check out the entires that were submitted in the first wave: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB641E1E38AC5AC97&feature=edit_ok

Mush out!

Niks

As we stand, we dont have enough drivers do we?

In the NRL races we have been doing we are getting grids of 9 tops.
Anyways Im in.

Angst

Mush said:
I'm afraid my mass PM bombing may have scared everyone off. :(
I did the same when I rebooted the NRL. Loads of people seem to have given up on GT and I don't expect them to return. But the hardcore are still here and I think we can get 12-14 grid races - as long as we don't have to do 2-man teams, then we're looking at 7-8 car grids.

Top Bottom