• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I hope we do get a lot of additional tracks added.

The new ones all look awesome and will take ages to master correctly, but Im always disappointed when DLC in racing games is 90% cars.

Watching the breakdown and rebuilding of the Hudson Hornet is really fucking awesome.

It's this type of passion that got me into GT as a kid, and into cars and racing sims growing up.

I hope we do get a lot of additional tracks added.

The new ones all look awesome and will take ages to master correctly, but Im always disappointed when DLC in racing games is 90% cars.

They've said that there's going to be at least one new track every month once the game launches.

138609170063298qvq.jpg

Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi of Japan sits inside the cockpit of John Player Special - Lotus 98t, driven by the late Formula One three-time world champion Ayrton Senna during the international presentation of the new Sony PlayStation "Gran Turismo 6" video game at Ascari Race circuit in Ronda, southern Spain, December 3, 2013. One of Ronda's most high-profile streets was named after Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo creator, yesterday. The surroundings of Ronda will be available in one of the game's functions, incorporating stunning Andalusian scenery and the nearby Ascari Race Resort, an exclusive, private race circuit.

http://multimedia.laopiniondemalaga...-mundial-del-gran-turismo-ronda-14225_7.shtml

Metalmarc

Too many pages to go through , Quick question whats this credits things for? Do you have to buy credits for in game purchases with real life money now like forza?

From amazon uk :

Gran Turismo 6 with Torque Pack, Precision Pack and One Million Credits
Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 before the release date and receive the Precision Pack and the Torque Pack, as well as One Million Credits.

JamboGT

Well, in the pre-order you just get a million in game credits.

The micro transactions are in game credit boosters.

Thing is, we don't really know yet if it affects gameplay, ie if the economy in game is skewed to support these or if they are only there as a means of convenience.

So far it seems to be for convenience so shouldn't be an issue.

spats

That pic with Kaz in the Lotus is so cool!

It just struck me that Polyphony Digital has finally understood social media. In the past few months they've set up a Twitter account and are actively answering people on that Hudson build stream. There used to be an impenetrable wall between them and the consumer.

bud

That pic with Kaz in the Lotus is so cool!

It just struck me that Polyphony Digital has finally understood social media. In the past few months they've set up a Twitter account and are actively answering people on that Hudson build stream. There used to be an impenetrable wall between them and the consumer.

what's their twitter account?

nasanu

Banned
That "First Hour" video by ISR totally sold me on the game.... Well... I already had it pre-ordered but now I'm really hyped lol. I love what they did with career progression.

Btw... is it just a lighting thing or there's no cockpit on that RX8?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HqCuhDD708A#t=3358

I thought that all cars were supposed to be premiums now? Well that's what ISR said anyway...not that I really trust them lol.

Never trust what ISR say on their first look. They are old men, takes them a while to pick up on things. Just watch in horrible boredom as they take minutes to figure out that a red X means cancel/exit...

Trust what they say about the physics and being fun, don't trust them with 'facts'.

That "First Hour" video by ISR totally sold me on the game.... Well... I already had it pre-ordered but now I'm really hyped lol. I love what they did with career progression.

Btw... is it just a lighting thing or there's no cockpit on that RX8?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HqCuhDD708A#t=3358

I thought that all cars were supposed to be premiums now? Well that's what ISR said anyway...not that I really trust them lol.

They thought it was all premium. They end up going through part of the factoid and found out that while they don't call them "standards" and "premiums" anymore, the only real difference in the cars is models. Premiums are still the super high poly w/ interiors and the other cars don't have those. But all cars have bodykits and full tuning available.

Which type of cars does he like? Muscle? Super?

He really likes F1 and I managed to gift him a few of the last iterations of Codemaster's, he also used to play a bit of Forza 4 back in the days but now seems to have lost interest in racing games outside Formula 1.

I really want to play GT6, sorry pops :p

That picture of Kaz in Senna's Lotus... the feels. A pic like that might be the thing that makes me cave by Friday and grab a copy. I have lots of problems with GT these days but I am still always grateful for GT and what it did for my interests in motor racing, my ability as a driver and all the fantastic memories. Also... Senna.

Lets hope this is some turning point of establishing himself and GT in the automotive world and back to making a GT game that re captures gamers like the original PS game did.

Kryten

Sigh. Woke up to a "your preorder has been cancelled" email from Sony because, basically, their online store is so busted that it's unusable. I've been able to add nearly all of the funds I need manually to my wallet, but not that last portion. So frustrating!

That picture of Kaz in Senna's Lotus... the feels. A pic like that might be the think that makes me cave by Friday and grab a copy. I have lots of problems with GT these days but I am still always grateful for GT and what it did for my interests in motor racing, my ability as a driver and all the fantastic memories. Also... Senna.

Lets hope this is some turning point of establishing himself and GT in the automotive world and back to making a GT game that re captures gamers like the original PS game did.

This pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I have problems with the sound, I've got problems with the variety of cars they put in and how long it takes, but this Vision GT thing, with all the manufacturers, Senna, Mario and Aldo's first car... it just reeks of passion. It's hard NOT to have faith.

commedieu

Banned
I am really happy for KY as a human being, and more so, a car enthusiast like the rest of us. Shits just awesome to see someone who is sorta, a dork like us, get to do all this cool stuff. Designing cars, streets named after em, helping out with the GTR's interface. Dudes passion is felt..

I just wish he wasn't deaf.

I am really happy for KY as a human being, and more so, a car enthusiast like the rest of us. Shits just awesome to see someone who is sorta, a dork like us, get to do all this cool stuff. Designing cars, streets named after em, helping out with the GTR's interface. Dudes passion is felt..

I love this post. Agreement am total.

Hahah, genuine LOL.

Translator San is the deaf one. Blame him.

It was also spotted in the new trailer video, we can expect the car in GT6 next year.

BakPCk4IEAAXSzM.png

This comes from GT6 apparently, shows his Helmet from Lotus days, seems to be black overalls. Has to be the Lotus?

Ok, so I was wrong. No Senna karting in the trailer(like someone said in the thread pages ago) but maybe a Lotus :eek:

Hype rising!!!

Top Bottom