• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - October 1.52 Update brings three new cars and World Circuit Events today

Draugoth

Gold Member

The headline contents for the next Gran Turismo 7 update, 1.52, have been revealed just as expected, ahead of its arrival on Thursday October 3.

Although we’re a little out of the usual schedule for updates, which have traditionally but not always arrived on the final Thursday of a month, the usual pre-update reveals have gone largely in the sequence we’d ordinarily see.

That began with a “silhouette” teaser from Polyphony Digital chief Kazunori Yamauchi just ahead of the GT World Series Round 3 Tokyo event at the weekend. Today’s broad strokes reveal has highlighted some of the major contents, and we’ll see more in the patch notes for the update as it goes live tomorrow.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 New Cars​

We already knew that three cars were coming to the update, but not precisely what. It seems though that our guesses from the silhouettes were pretty close to the mark:

• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR 2004
  • Nissan GT-R (R35) Premium Edition T-Spec 2024
  • Toyota HiAce Van DX 2016

The GT-R is one of the newest cars ever added to a Gran Turismo game via update, and represents a curtain drop for the model as emissions regulations make the car obsolete. A redesign freshens up the exterior, while it’s the same GT-R we know and love under the skin with its 562hp VR38DETT. The T-Spec comes in some fabulous colors, including the Midnight Purple above (inspired by a color of the same name from the R33 and R34 Skyline) and Millennium Jade (from the R34 era).

Another all-wheel drive Japanese performance machine joins it in the shape of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII. This returns from previous GT games and fills in a gap in the current Lancer roster in the title. It’s part of the CT9A family, based on the larger Cedia and beginning with the Evo VII, joining the Evo IX which was added earlier this year.

Our third and final car for this update can be filed under “E” for esoteric, as we get the game’s second Toyota minivan — after the Alphard — and the first based on a commercial vehicle.

The HiAce DX is a sibling of the HiMedic ambulance, added last August, but is in its original, van-based people carrier form rather than the dedicated, modified emergency vehicle. We’re hoping that this will come with an engine swap right out of the gate, but it’s likely to be a pretty popular canvas either way.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 New GT Sophy Courses​

You’ll be able to race against GT7’s advanced, machine-learning taught Gran Turismo Sophy AI on two new circuits in this update, increasing the options for more engaging offline races.

It’s perhaps a surprise that Dragon Trail Seaside hasn’t been one of the available circuits to date, given that a lot of Sophy’s original training happened on this track, but it will be from 1.52 onwards in the forward direction only. You’ll also be able to race at Brands Hatch’s Grand Prix circuit.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 New Races & Menu Books​

There’s a total of five new races coming, with three of them in a new series for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution line. It’s not yet been confirmed if this will form a new Bonus Menu Book in the GT Cafe area, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Those three, under the “Evolution Meeting” banner, will visit Monza, the reverse version of the combined Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi track, and — a little unusually — the Colorado Springs Lake circuit. You’ll need dirt tires for this final race.

Additionally there’s now a new race at Circuit de Sainte-Croix A in the Nissan GT-R Cup, while the Sunday Cup gains a race at Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise.

There is an additional Extra Menu Book that focuses on the Audi brand — and it looks like being a bit on the expensive side. From the images it appears you’ll need to collect the Audi Sport quattro Gr.B from Legends Cars, the 3,000,000cr Audi R18 e-tron 2016, and the first-generation Audi TT 3.2. At present the reward hasn’t been specified.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 New Scapes & Other Changes​

Chicago features as a new Scapes location, with 20 locations from the Windy City available in this unique photomode. We haven’t seen all 20 yet, but from the preview it looks like there’s a good mixture of urban, industrial, and lake shore locations.

There’s no other details logged at this time — as usual we’re going to have to wait for the patch notes, and even then there’ll be other unannounced changes — but keen players might make a note of the fact that the version number has skipped one.

The most recent update, in early August, was 1.50 and that was only introduced to address a severe physics bug. We’d have expected 1.51 to be the next update, but — two months down the line — it’s actually 1.52. That could suggest some more work to the idiosyncracies still evident in the vehicle physics which have been particularly affecting the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo models, given that one more is being introduced this time along with three dedicated races and maybe a menu book.

Either way, we’ll find out more when the update arrives at around 0600 UTC on Thursday October 3. Watch this space for all the latest!
Gran Turismo players! This month’s Update 1.52* for Gran Turismo 7 will be available as of Wednesday, October 2nd at 11:00pm PST​

Last edited:

Unknown?

tell me about it. Those crusty PS2 'standard cars' with no cockpits. 😢
They sucked but I was glad we had them over not. GT3 got a free pass going from 450 cars to 170 but with GT5 going from 700+ cars down to 200 premium, I don't think they would have gotten away with it given gaming environment at the time.

GT7 has so much more content than launch and that's awesome! Hope some day they release Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Whats Up Nod GIF by WWE

Going to look SHINY on my pro next month.

What a game 🏎️

Skifi28

Ohhh, the Evo king is back. Sure, the IX in the recent update was good too, but this is the stuff. Now I want a VII and my evo collection is complete.

ShakenG

Should have given them plenty of time to work on those remaining physics bugs. Pitty they rushed it out the door. But damn, do the cars feel so much better. The tyes actually feel connected to the road in a way they didnt before.

The only ones with no cockpit to my knowledge are concept cars that the manufacturer itself didn't design/provide.
Yeah. Doesn't help that they are the shittiest cars to drive in the game. Even the 68 fiat 500 is better to drive. A lot of vgt cars are fun but funnily enough, the ones without the cockpit, are also the worst to drive.

A.Romero

Imagine buying GT7 today and having all this content.

What a turnaround from the PS3 days for this franchise. (remember the standard and premium cars? lmao)
I started playing it a few weeks ago and the amount of content is staggering. I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface.

Any tips on how to grind for credits in the most efficient way? I'm not that good and I have very limited time to play. Getting those million cr cars seems so far away at this point...

GinSama

At this point, I think they've added more menu books than I've completed so far from the base game.
Its pretty cool having more content....but if that means that I need to do that chore of menu forget it about.
Not even half of those I did.

The real fun why Is playing online, im getting tired of the catch the leader super easy race typical GT career mode....
But is looking to other racing games it should not be that hard to creat a single player vs CPU competitive mode.

Is great that there is that new ia but only a few tracks supports it...

I would say they should invest the time adding new or old tracks.

Ohh well at gives me some racing time until the new assetto corsa comes out. Now that's the pure sim I want....

Calverz

Imagine buying GT7 today and having all this content.

What a turnaround from the PS3 days for this franchise. (remember the standard and premium cars? lmao)
I got GT6 recently on my ps3 and I was quite shocked at how badly it performs. And the long loading times hidden behind long transitions. Horrendous. GT7 is so much better.

I got GT6 recently on my ps3 and I was quite shocked at how badly it performs. And the long loading times hidden behind long transitions. Horrendous. GT7 is so much better.
Going from GT7 for the PS4 to PS5 was day and night for me. I can't even imagine going from GT6 on PS3 to GT7 on PS5 lmao

Calverz

Going from GT7 for the PS4 to PS5 was day and night for me. I can't even imagine going from GT6 on PS3 to GT7 on PS5 lmao
Yea. I was just curious to try GT6 because it has one of my cars (not in gt7) and I skipped gran turismo during ps3 because I was playing Forza instead. The first thing that struck me was the resolution and screen tearing etc. was quite shocked. I didn’t expect gt7 level of performance but man it was rough.
Loading in GT6 was way better than GT5 too. Lol
Yea I did some research to see how I could improve my gt6 experience and read this. I don’t have gt5 or ever played it but read the loading was horrendous. Tbh, installing gt6 onto a ps3 in 2024 is a horrendous experience. It literally took hours to do because you have to do the updates in chunks. If you just queue it all in one go, the ps3 effectively craps itself and gets stuck on a loading bar for days apparently.

Melfice7

I started playing it a few weeks ago and the amount of content is staggering. I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface.

Any tips on how to grind for credits in the most efficient way? I'm not that good and I have very limited time to play. Getting those million cr cars seems so far away at this point...

Do all circuit experiences (cant grind but its easy money) and the weekly online time trials (sport mode)

Preseznik

Two of the greats, with the other of my big three released last update.

Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy these in VR in a somewhat improved state with PS5 Pro.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Update Notice (1.52)​

The following are the details for the latest update for Gran Turismo 7.

New Content​

1. Cars
- The following three car models have joined the lineup:
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04  *Available for purchase in the Brand Central/Used Car Dealer
 ・Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec '24 *Available for purchase in the Brand Central
 ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16 *Available for purchase in the Brand Central

- A new color selection his now available for the following car model:
 ・Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21

2. World Circuit
- These new race events have been added to the following tracks:
 Colorado Springs
  ・Evolution Meeting
 Circuit de Sainte-Croix
  ・Nissan GT-R Cup
 Monza Circuit
  ・Evolution Meeting
 Tokyo Expressway
  ・Sunday Cup
 Kyoto Driving Park
  ・Evolution Meeting

3. Gran Turismo Sophy
- GT Sophy is now compatible with the following tracks:
 ・Brands Hatch・GP Circuit
 ・Dragon Trail Seaside

*Gran Turismo Sophy mode can only be accessed on the PS5 version.

4. Cafe
- The following new Menu Book has been added:
 ・Menu Book No.51 Challenge the Evolution Meeting (Unlocked at collector level 32)
- The following new Extra Menu has been added:
 ・Extra Menu No.41 Collection Audi (Unlocked at collector level 42)

- These character dialogues are new for the following cars at the Cafe:
Car Designer
- Mr. Fabio Filippini
 ・Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
 ・Mazda RX-VISION '15
- Mr. Freeman Thomas
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04
 ・RUF RGT 4.2 '16
- Mr. Kuni Ito
 ・Mercedes Benz CLK-LM '98
 ・Porsche 962 C '88
- Mr. Hideo Kodama
 ・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95
- Mr. Tom Matano
 ・Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
 ・Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08
 ・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16

5. Brand Central

- A new article to the Museum section has been added for the following brand:
 ・Nissan

6. GT Auto

- Maintenance & Service
The following cars are now compatible with Engine Swaps (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
 ・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
 ・Mazda Roadster Touring Car
 ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
 ・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
 ・Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
 ・Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
 ・Toyota 86 Gr.4
 ・Toyota 86 GRMN '16
 ・Toyota 86 GT '15
 ・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16

7. Scapes

- This new location is now featured:
 ・Chicago

Adjustments and Corrections​

1. Vehicle Physics Simulation
- We have adjusted the control settings for some cars. These include:
 ・Measures for front lift during cornering
 ・Measures for oversteer during braking
- We adjusted the ABS control by:
 ・Turning brake assist feature linked to applied brake pressure

2. Steering Controller

- The Auto Setup setting for the Fanatec® Podium has been changed to better suit the Torque mode.
 ・When on High Torque mode, selecting Auto Setup (AS) will set the optimum parameters.
 ・In the case of Low Torque mode, the force feedback will be weaker. Please adjust the setting in Custom Setup.
 ・Custom Setup recommended settings (For Low Torque mode).
  SEM Auto
  FFB 100
  NDP 50
  NFR 5
  NIN Off
  INT 3
  FEI 100
  FOR 100
  SPR 100
  DPR 100

3.Track
- The surface paint area at the pit entry of the Eiger Nordwand Reverse track has been extended to improve visibility.

New event with monza included? Nice. Hope the payout is good as well
Car Prices:
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04 - 80,000 Cr.
  • Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec '24 - 200,000 Cr.
  • Toyota Hiace Van DX '16 - 25,000 Cr.

Events:

Sunday Cup
  • Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise: 2 laps, 27,000 Cr.

Nissan GT-R Cup
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A: 3 laps, 94,000 Cr.

Evolution Meeting
  • Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa+Miyabi Reverse: 3 laps, 70,000 Cr.
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza: 4 laps, 70,000 Cr.
  • Colorado Springs - Lake: 4 laps, 72,000 Cr.
Prize: 4-star Roulette Ticket

Extra Menu Prizes:
  • Audi: 6-star Roulette Ticket
Copy from gtplanet.net :

Also the engine swaps :

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22| R26B-787B
・Mazda Roadster Touring Car | R26B-787B
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15 | Evo-Final-Gr.B
・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 | Demon-Challenger
・Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 | SR20DET-Silvia-S15
・Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car | VK45DE-GT-R
・Toyota 86 Gr.4 | VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO