• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Sweet. They added new story chapters, and on a new island finally.
Only thing I'm excited about from GBF these days. :O

Is the music new ? So good.

I'm surprised so many ppl are doing their SSR selection now with the legfest coming so soon. I'll wait until after I do my pulls. Never know what the legfes fairy is going to bring!

When is it anyways?
I'm thinking of doing both the guaranteed SSR and the Surprise Ticket when the light banner rotates in. But I don't know if it will the tickets will last that long?

Gizuko

When is it anyways?
I'm thinking of doing both the guaranteed SSR and the Surprise Ticket when the light banner rotates in. But I don't know if it will the tickets will last that long?

Starfest (guaranteed SSR) and ST both end at the same time, and Starfest usually rotates between elements/weapon types, so I'd asume it's safe to say you can just wait until it gets to light.

Starfest (guaranteed SSR) and ST both end at the same time, and Starfest usually rotates between elements/weapon types, so I'd asume it's safe to say you can just wait until it gets to light.

Well I meant when was legfest lol
So that means i'll have to do my starfest pull before legfest starts?
But I can save my ST until the last minute for legfest?

MSMrRound

CjUIWPoVAAAzJtO.jpg

Question guys...my weapon pool is still pretty sucky as I try to build a Fire team, but with former limited characters getting added...

Any suggestions about who I should go for?

I'm kind of torn between Perceival (since he's a staple in Fire teams) or Korwa just because of design and if I ever go Wind team (for the future).

My Fire team currently consist of Yuel, Zeta, Ghandagoza. Wind SSR I only have Wind Metera and Rosetta.

Korwa IS going to still be available as a surprise ticket pick later on...right?

people think legfes will happen after this gatcha period ends, dunno if it does, they don't have to hold one

yes, you have to buy star legend (you'll use it right away) before this period ends

you can save the ticket for up to a week, but there's no reason to, since the selectable characters is independent of any gatcha event
i.e., if legfes does happen and its the summer one, you can not ticket the summer characters

Gizuko

Asking again for new pageeeeeee. T_T

Diablo's SR weapons are HP up, so don't bother. Do save them for skill ups if they drop, though.

If you are still in the early game (by this I mean you have few SSR omega weapons, not for how long you have been playing), you'll want to start farming SR Celeste weapons IF you don't have any SSR you can use as statstick, since Celeste's Axe caps at 1500ATK.

In any case, if you can just grind this GW/next event to get yourself a nice MLB SSR, that'll be much better than maxing Celeste's SR, since they are HP up.

I'd say the best bet for an early weapon pool (dark/light elements only, since the rest can get primal SR) are event SSR, gacha SSR (even 0 star ones) and however many Celeste weapons you can get through renown emblems - saving enough SRs to skill up your good SSR is much more important, once you have 2-3 1800+ATK weapons.

I thought you meant starfest, since I can't remember a single "themed" legfest (as in, higher chance to get light characters). I agree with Dakkumauji though, only reason you have to not use the ST right off the bat is to avoid getting a dupe during legfest - though getting a dupe SSR happens more often than I'd wish to admit.

Ultimadrago

whaalul8h.png

There's Dual Fate Episodes? Why have I never seen this on my list before?

Only if you know what are you doing.

im getting summon this time

*Bwomp Bwoomp*

Hey, give me your thoughts real quick Azunyan. Would this team benefit from Gandalf (Aletheia) as an attacker instead of Eustace? Eugen's meter building abilities have been rather helpful for aggro and quicker chains.

Otherwise, I was considering Medusa (though my guild doesn't win GWs like yours, so MLBing would take a while longer).

12eqrdu.png
137zqqh.png

Also posting for a new page. If these Dual Stories are plentiful, I need to be hunting for them! Gave a nice boost to Catherine's attack (though I don't use her anyways)

Azusa

*Bwomp Bwoomp*

Hey, give me your thoughts real quick Azunyan. Would this team benefit from Gandalf (Aletheia) as an attacker instead of Eustace? Eugen's meter building abilities have been rather helpful for aggro and quicker chains.

Otherwise, I was considering Medusa (though my guild doesn't win GWs like yours, so MLBing would take a while longer).

12eqrdu.png
137zqqh.png

Also posting for a new page. If these Dual Stories are plentiful, I need to be hunting for them! Gave a nice boost to Catherine's attack (though I don't use her anyways)

Eugen/Eustace/Sara(or Cag). Aim for Octo GW char an your team will be unstoppable. I think. Medusa? if you cant MLB her she is mediocre at best. you can farm 60% earth attack summon. And when you get good omega pool you will switch to ygg summon.

You can use Gendalf + Eugen combo too. Then you dont need Eustace.

Ultimadrago

Eugen/Eustace/Sara(or Cag). Aim for Octo GW char an your team will be unstoppable. I think. Medusa? if you cant MLB her she is mediocre at best. you can farm 60% earth attack summon. And when you get good omega pool you will switch to ygg summon.

You can use Gendalf + Eugen combo too. Then you dont need Eustace.

Thanks! (I chose Axe already *sob* I know what I'm doing next Guild Wars then. I'm very far from GW completion anyways. )

Sara OR Cag? Man, I love them both, but yeah my team is more defensive than offensive because of it currently. I'll try moving them around for better damage then.

Gandalf it is on the ST~

Not sure how complete it is, but you should check the SSR datasheet, since it includes some cross-fate episodes.

I'm not sure if there's a list anywhere, though.

Thanks Gizuko!

MicH

Not sure how complete it is, but you should check the SSR datasheet, since it includes some cross-fate episodes.

I'm not sure if there's a list anywhere, though.
This is interesting. According to the spreadsheet Yuel has a cross-fate episode with Mary. I have both of them! Do they unlock when both are at max level or something?

Ultimadrago

This is interesting. According to the spreadsheet Yuel has a cross-fate episode with Mary. I have both of them! Do they unlock when both are at max level or something?

Yeah, complete both of their indiv. Fate stories. At least thats what I did.

Uthred

you can save the ticket for up to a week, but there's no reason to, since the selectable characters is independent of any gatcha event
i.e., if legfes does happen and its the summer one, you can not ticket the summer characters

The reason to hold onto it is that you might pull the character you were going to ticket during legfest or pull other characters that would change who you ticket.

Miragith

Got an Apollo dupe from Star Legend. I never learn. I got a dupe Petra from the last Star Legend right after I used my Start Dash on her. Going to pick up Korwa with the ST.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got an Apollo dupe from Star Legend. I never learn. I got a dupe Petra from the last Star Legend right after I used my Start Dash on her. Going to pick up Korwa with the ST.

I did star legend twice. Got the same dupe twice. F star legend forever.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Diablo's SR weapons are HP up, so don't bother. Do save them for skill ups if they drop, though.

If you are still in the early game (by this I mean you have few SSR omega weapons, not for how long you have been playing), you'll want to start farming SR Celeste weapons IF you don't have any SSR you can use as statstick, since Celeste's Axe caps at 1500ATK.

In any case, if you can just grind this GW/next event to get yourself a nice MLB SSR, that'll be much better than maxing Celeste's SR, since they are HP up.

I'd say the best bet for an early weapon pool (dark/light elements only, since the rest can get primal SR) are event SSR, gacha SSR (even 0 star ones) and however many Celeste weapons you can get through renown emblems - saving enough SRs to skill up your good SSR is much more important, once you have 2-3 1800+ATK weapons.

I thought you meant starfest, since I can't remember a single "themed" legfest (as in, higher chance to get light characters). I agree with Dakkumauji though, only reason you have to not use the ST right off the bat is to avoid getting a dupe during legfest - though getting a dupe SSR happens more often than I'd wish to admit.

What would I grind GW event for? The GW weapon?

I sort of want to work on my baha build so I guess I'll drop by Earth build and work on Dark.

Okay so we have 2 Gatcha events going on right now? Star Pull which is a 10 pull with AT LEAST 1 guaranteed SSR correct? However the SSR you get is completely random yes/

The other is a Surprise Ticket event going on right now but instead of being able to choose what is currently in the pool, it will now and forevermore be based on the DEVS pick? Doesn't this seem like a bad deal? The devs can just always choose to never include certain characters then no? On a brighter note though, Dark J'Arc and Korwa are available for free choosing now so that's good no? Maybe the pros outweigh the cons on this one? Only been playing for 2.5 weeks so what do I know?

That being said, is the 6000 mobacoins worth it for these 2 draws? Maybe Vampy or Dark J'Arc? Current account standing is as follows:

15K Crystals for legfes pulls
3 Draw tickets which ARE affected by leg fes rates
8 LegFes pulls total available

Wind Team: Korwa, Anchira, ST Sakura. Magna weapon pool is 2 SSR Tia rifles at skill lvl 4, 2 SSR Fists at skill level 2, 1SSR Axe at skill level 1, and the rest is Tia SR weapons at skill level 1

Non-existent Dark Team: Narumea and Vera. Still no 3rd member and haven't even begun working on dark weapons.

Other SSRs: Albert, Heles, Catherine

Gizuko

What would I grind GW event for? The GW weapon?

I sort of want to work on my baha build so I guess I'll drop by Earth build and work on Dark.

Yeah, GW weapons have decent stats and can be used even if you can't change their element inmediately. Later on you can just change the weapon's element to whichever one fits the team you want to improve.

I think a lot of people kind of ignore GW because the characters are hard to get, but the weapons are really really good (specially the dagger, harp and sword, since they are perfect fits for the most common jobs) and most builds "need" at least 1-2 normal weapons anyway.

If you have an earth team, you can always farm Hard Ygg (25 ap raid), MLB her weapons, and improve both your Dark and Earth builds - don't stop farming Celeste anyway, since you need the animas.

so i got lucky and got a horn this morning so I guess I can get my first bahamut weapon

any reason to go for the split race ones or should i just go for the all purpose dagger since it seems like over half the characters are human or unknown

Razzorn34

I'm torn. I started off picking Narmaya from my Start Dash, and was maining dark. But I've been much more lucky with light since then. Pulling Jeanne, and getting some good light weapons. My dark just isn't isn't filling out. Either dark weapon drop rates blow, or I'm just extremely unlucky.

Should I just focus on Light, and leverage that to farm for Dark later? I was thinking of grabbing Amira this round for light, or Vania for dark.

Light: Feather, Jeanne, Erica
Dark: Vira SR, Narmaya, Societte

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm torn. I started off picking Narmaya from my Start Dash, and was maining dark. But I've been much more lucky with light since then. Pulling Jeanne, and getting some good light weapons. My dark just isn't isn't filling out. Either dark weapon drop rates blow, or I'm just extremely unlucky.

Should I just focus on Light, and leverage that to farm for Dark later? I was thinking of grabbing Amira this round for light, or Vania for dark.

Light: Feather, Jeanne, Erica
Dark: Vira SR, Narmaya, Societte

That's how dark is. It's the hardest pool to fill out and takes the longest time.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Is the only way to get + marks on Weapons/Summons through feeding them Weapons/Summons with + marks? Haha.

And how do I get + marks on Characters? :eek:

razterik

You can strip the + off of anything and then it shows up in your crate as an item you can feed.

It's "Reset Bonus" at the bottom of the item page.

alben

Neo Member
Okay so we have 2 Gatcha events going on right now? Star Pull which is a 10 pull with AT LEAST 1 guaranteed SSR correct? However the SSR you get is completely random yes/

The other is a Surprise Ticket event going on right now but instead of being able to choose what is currently in the pool, it will now and forevermore be based on the DEVS pick? Doesn't this seem like a bad deal? The devs can just always choose to never include certain characters then no? On a brighter note though, Dark J'Arc and Korwa are available for free choosing now so that's good no? Maybe the pros outweigh the cons on this one? Only been playing for 2.5 weeks so what do I know?

That being said, is the 6000 mobacoins worth it for these 2 draws? Maybe Vampy or Dark J'Arc? Current account standing is as follows:

15K Crystals for legfes pulls
3 Draw tickets which ARE affected by leg fes rates
8 LegFes pulls total available

Wind Team: Korwa, Anchira, ST Sakura. Magna weapon pool is 2 SSR Tia rifles at skill lvl 4, 2 SSR Fists at skill level 2, 1SSR Axe at skill level 1, and the rest is Tia SR weapons at skill level 1

Non-existent Dark Team: Narumea and Vera. Still no 3rd member and haven't even begun working on dark weapons.

Other SSRs: Albert, Heles, Catherine

did you mean 15000 crystals or 1500? Because 15000 are 50 pulls (5 10-pulls).

I wouldn't recommend the star gatcha, is too random.
You after buying the surprise ticket you have 7 (or 10) day to use it, so you can buy it later, pull in the legfest, and then choose something to go with your new units.
BTW, surprise ticket also come with a 10-pull ticket to use whenever.

chrono01

I defeated a raid boss (that I summoned), and got a notice about the honor points not being added to the guild total or whatever. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I'd like to know how to avoid that in the future, especially if it costs me a large amount of AP + meat.

Oh, I think I'm going to wait and purchase the Surprise Ticket on the final day and hold off as long as I can, to see what I'll pull during LegendFes (if anything). It might make my decision a little easier. :/

Balance changes are being announced at some point today right? I wonder how big an impact they'll have

should be up tonight at like 11 PM PDT or so
like around the same time of the night when all the announcements came out last night (new events, surprise ticket, etc)

I defeated a raid boss (that I summoned), and got a notice about the honor points not being added to the guild total or whatever. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I'd like to know how to avoid that in the future, especially if it costs me a large amount of AP + meat.

Oh, I think I'm going to wait and purchase the Surprise Ticket on the final day and hold off as long as I can, to see what I'll pull during LegendFes (if anything). It might make my decision a little easier. :/

my best guess is that was it after the day of guild wars ended or if you joined the guild the same day, points won't get added

chrono01

my best guess is that was it after the day of guild wars ended or if you joined the guild the same day, points won't get added
It just happened today after the finals for GAFCypher started. I haven't switched guilds or anything since I started, so I'm not sure what it was. I wish I could remember exactly what it said, before I closed the dialogue box. :(

MicH

Oh my god, om at 4900 renown. I'm so close to my first Colossus staff I can almost taste it! That bitch refuses to drop it so I gotta buy it. Gonna skill it up so fast - I have two slashes filled with fodder

arevin01

Oh my god, om at 4900 renown. I'm so close to my first Colossus staff I can almost taste it! That bitch refuses to drop it so I gotta buy it. Gonna skill it up so fast - I have two slashes filled with fodder

Is it really worth using 5k pts for one staff? Don't wanna depend on RNG?

Ala Alba

It just happened today after the finals for GAFCypher started. I haven't switched guilds or anything since I started, so I'm not sure what it was. I wish I could remember exactly what it said, before I closed the dialogue box. :(

I believe there is no actual competition happening at the moment, so the points aren't being added to the guild total.

Top Bottom