• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

I need some help with story Chapter 62-4. Spoilers!

Is there a gimmick to the Akasha fight or do I simply need a really strong team to take it down? It has a lot of HP!

By the way, FYI the current gacha banner promo ends on May 30th JST which is the same day as when GW ends. Can probably expect LegFest after that.

Miragith

Check your mailbox. I didn't think I got mine either but it was just sitting in there.

Good thing I saw this, I was worried I didn't get my 10 draw either. It was on page 5 out of 10.

Edit: Got Albert

95ImxZK.jpg

I need some help with story Chapter 62-4. Spoilers!

Is there a gimmick to the Akasha fight or do I simply need a really strong team to take it down? It has a lot of HP!
There are 2 more chapters left, but that fight is considered real final boss for ARC 1 story.

Extremely tedious battle. It's epic, but too long, IMO.
(they could've removed 1/3 HP and fight would still be similar and challenging)

I beat it by taking friend's Grande summon, 2 healers (and heal skill with DarkFencer) + my strongest dark character, and just slowly survive all his ougi attacks through healing. Took me 40 min.

MicH

So what is everyone doing with the SR summons you get from the gacha? Just sell them? They don't seem to have any use otherwise.

I also have quite a few summons with a +1 that I'm getting annoyed keeping. Should I just feed them to my Athena? She's one of myonly two non-magna SSR summons (the other being Queza-something - wind SSR) plus I run fire element

Which exclusive chars, if any, are available for you?

Is there a way to check in-game? I'm cross-referencing my list with the wiki, but it's taking a bit of time.

Usual warning but being light is suffering. I can testify, I stuck to light from day one. If you have Ferry, you can't go wrong with Amira, but getting her to level 90 will take a while. I don't have Jeanne so I can't tell if she is better. Certainly easier to use than Amira/Ferry duo. Ultimately, the 3 of them make the mvp light team for mid game. Otherwise, do check for limited char with your ticket.

Amira's moveset seems pretty awesome... and I don't mind the grind. If I do max her out, is it worth it for High Level play?

By the way, FYI the current gacha banner promo ends on May 30th JST which is the same day as when GW ends. Can probably expect LegFest after that.

I thought it ends tonight. That's when Ayer goes away, so makes sense for the gatcha to update to get rid of him.

Does seem a bit soon for legfes, so maybe some filler?

Is there a way to check in-game? I'm cross-referencing my list with the wiki, but it's taking a bit of time.

basically any ssr version of story characters (kat, io, RACKAMMMMM, eugen, rosy)

any swimsuit, halloween or christmas version of a character

and then the limited characters: Aliza, Harezena, Ayer, Korwa, Anchira, Anila, Dark Jeanne or Black Knight

in general, if the current gatcha pool doesn't have a character, its limited

I thought it ends tonight. That's when Ayer goes away, so makes sense for the gatcha to update to get rid of him.

Does seem a bit soon for legfes, so maybe some filler?

Ah, I misread the banner. The date shown is when Betting Cards stop being distributed with premium 10 draws.

linkent

Damn TrickRoom, sorry should have put more effort in it.
Next GW for sure. This water boss is really hard with Fire team.

Looking at the order, the next boss should be Fire right?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
what's that, you wanted a surprise ticket?

CjRhxQaWUAMqSg5.jpg

and a star legend

Fuck the star legend. 2 gold moons, 0 characters. I'm not falling for that again!!

Will get the surprise ticket... but tbh, not sure what character I even need. My fire team is finished, character-wise. Maybe birdman to give me a Korwa/Petra/Birdman wind team.

also i broke the game for 12 hours korwa is surprise ticket-able
so is i was op for 4 hours harazena
and i guess i wasn't cool enough to give everyone refunds dark jeanne

Can someone help me with this issue? Trying to use my Play credits to buy GC but it's not letting me. Says purchase currency isn't supported, and the currency is in USD. Asked before but no definite answer.

Uthred

also i broke the game for 12 hours korwa is surprise ticket-able
so is i was op for 4 hours harazena
and i guess i wasn't cool enough to give everyone refunds dark jeanne

Dark Jeanne's ticketable? Huh, that's tempting, though I've a feeling she replaces Lady Grey, which I ticketed the last time. Didnt think they'd let you surprise ticket limited characters. Dark jeanne/Vampi/Six is the new "optimal" dark meta isnt it?

Aw man famitsu ticket was lame. No SSR, 3 SR but one was a summon and two were characterless weapons. Only got one character, an R version of Feather when I already have his SR version.

Oh well, I guess now I can delve deeper into Feather's mysterious past and figure out why he is so obsessed with genkais and how to koeru them.

Edit: Also uuugh someone beat this raid for me no one is joining 6D6E682A

razterik

Is Athena a good summon? I got her in my Famitsu draw right now.

Sure is, I pair my fire team with her all the time. At max she's 80% fire ATK and 20% fire HP with damage cut (30%?) and refresh when used in battle.

Almost felt bad not helping out Trick Room during prelims, but we were like 200 mil from placing, so my possible 6-7 wouldn't have made a difference. Next time..

Surprise Ticket is great news. Absolutely no idea who I'd use it on though. Dark/Earth teams are complete for the foreseeable future.

chrono01

Dark Jeanne's ticketable? Huh, that's tempting, though I've a feeling she replaces Lady Grey, which I ticketed the last time. Didnt think they'd let you surprise ticket limited characters. Dark jeanne/Vampi/Six is the new "optimal" dark meta isnt it?
I'm tempted. I'm currently using:

Narumeia
Vampy
Vaseraga

but I'm thinking of switching out Vaseraga for Dark Jeanne. I was originally going to grab Lady Grey, but I guess I should go for Dark Jeanne in this case? I obviously don't have Six yet, as that will take many months of grinding. >_<

Uthred

I'm tempted. I'm currently using:

Narumeia
Vampy
Vaseraga

but I'm thinking of switching out Vaseraga for Dark Jeanne. I was originally going to grab Lady Grey, but I guess I should go for Dark Jeanne in this case? I obviously don't have Six yet, as that will take many months of grinding. >_<

As far as I can gather DJ is sort of the upgrade/sidegrade for LG, then with Six and SSR Vera you get the best damage return from Bahamut weapons (due to race). So those three would give you max dps, handy for shooting for MVP and such. On the other hand I'd say the old Lady Grey/Vampy/Naru team has better survivability/utility so you'd want them for progression/HL play (another twenty levels till thats an issue for me so cant really say). At the moment I'm using Vampy / Lady Grey / Cerberus, Dark Jeanne is tempting but I might get Naru to replace Cerberus.

chrono01

As far as I can gather DJ is sort of the upgrade/sidegrade for LG, then with Six and SSR Vera you get the best damage return from Bahamut weapons (due to race). So those three would give you max dps, handy for shooting for MVP and such. On the other hand I'd say the old Lady Grey/Vampy/Naru team has better survivability/utility so you'd want them for progression/HL play (another twenty levels till thats an issue for me so cant really say). At the moment I'm using Vampy / Lady Grey / Cerberus, Dark Jeanne is tempting but I might get Naru to replace Cerberus.
Thanks for the input. I'll give it some time and then decide. I love the design for both Lady Grey and Dark Jeanne, so I can't really lose either way, haha.

Anyway, Mobage Coins purchased. Now I wait.

What's Star Legend?
3k yen for a ten-pull, with at least one guaranteed SSR (can be a dupe). Surprise Ticket is the better value, since you get a ten-pull in addition to an SSR (from the current pool) that you can choose. You're guaranteed to get something you can use, with a chance for more from your ten-pull (save it for a LegendFes!).

Glad to see they've decided to stop the limited edition treatment for normal SSR's - http://grancypher.com/2016/05/25/granblue-fantasy-onwards-may-2016-edition/

reading that i do notice they changed the surprise ticket so that its not based off the current gatcha pool but instead based off the staff's pre-selected pool

so basically, they aren't going to let you ticket a legfes's pool to get one of the exclusive characters there in the rare chance their periods overlap

Merun

Amira's moveset seems pretty awesome... and I don't mind the grind. If I do max her out, is it worth it for High Level play?

The problem with getting her to 90 is that if you are below rank 50, getting gold cert is hard. I had to wait for a good while till I could get them. Then her fate to unlock 5* is... oh I better not spoil.

Now, mid game and high level are different. Mid game, you can focus on dishing out damage. High level is more reliant on survival. Obviously from her skill set, she is not one to increase much your survival, but she will still be a top tier attacker with ougi acceleration for the team.

Rixa

I was typing this:
Since I cant buy MobaCoins anymore (this happened after last SL) with my credit card, Iam not going to buy ST either. Time to be F2P.

Then I did this with mobile app:
Draw -> 90 mc daily -> Buy 3k mobacoins (2860 Yens) -> Use Credit Card (as usual) Insert information -> Payment succees.

Wtf \o_ I have 3010 Mobacoins (had 10 left). _o/

Now I really dont know who I will pick from Surprise Ticket...

chrono01

I was typing this:
Since I cant buy MobaCoins anymore (this happened after last SL) with my credit card, Iam not going to buy ST either. Time to be F2P.

Then I did this with mobile app:
Draw -> 90 mc daily -> Buy 3k mobacoins (2860 Yens) -> Use Credit Card (as usual) Insert information -> Payment succees.

Wtf \o_ I have 3010 Mobacoins (had 10 left). _o/

Now I really dont know who I will pick from Surprise Ticket...
Well now you did it. Time to decide!

risutora

Neo Member
Can someone help me with this issue? Trying to use my Play credits to buy GC but it's not letting me. Says purchase currency isn't supported, and the currency is in USD. Asked before but no definite answer.

Change your Google wallet address to US if it isn't already, that helped for me (I'm in Europe).

dennism

no idea what i should pull, I'm building a water team and i have silva + altair + SR katalina, and water pool characters looks underwhelming from reading their description, lily is only good against fire and there's that girl which only buff men..

Top Bottom