• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Ryufujin

Neo Member
Any crews that I can join?

I'm so lonely ;_;

Also so much salt, got the old Zeta and not the new one while my friend gets both the new Zeta and Orchis in one pull.

MicH

Gold moons are kind of pointless, reducing the weapons could potentially not be beneficial if you dont have a need for whatever elements it might upgrade too. I guess only benefit is really skill level fodder.
Two gold moons are absolutely not worse than 0 SSR pulls. Gold moons are very valuable as with enough you can get primal weapons (some which are very strong) or Damascus. If you don't want that you can always get CP, money or exp books.

Definitely better than three 10 rolls with nothing

Gweg

Neo Member
Getting new SSRs is I find one of the only pleasant things in this otherwise grindy as hell game. One might argue you don't need many characters apart from key ones if you have a good grid but dupes are really a motivation killer as you start to have a certain amount of SSR characters.
I wish there was some sort of mechanism for f2p players other than hoarding crystals for months to guarantee non-duplicate SSR's once in a while. The disappointment just builds up otherwise. I hate the way gacha games get you hooked with freebies and then leave you to dry unless you pony up. This be a shame because granblue is a pretty good game otherwise.

Tldr; bow down to the rng gods or leave

Ultimadrago

Is Lyria on your party permanantly after Chapter 1 of this event or is there a "Loyalty" requirement? I'm assuming the former, but just making sure.

Draw was a Lucifer summon. Fuck you too, Granblue.

Any crews that I can join?

I'm so lonely ;_;

Also so much salt, got the old Zeta and not the new one while my friend gets both the new Zeta and Orchis in one pull.

Oh, hey! I almost missed you there. Give me your ID and I can send you an invite to Trick Room.

Getting new SSRs is I find one of the only pleasant things in this otherwise grindy as hell game. One might argue you don't need many characters apart from key ones if you have a good grid but dupes are really a motivation killer as you start to have a certain amount of SSR characters.
I wish there was some sort of mechanism for f2p players other than hoarding crystals for months to guarantee non-duplicate SSR's once in a while. The disappointment just builds up otherwise. I hate the way gacha games get you hooked with freebies and then leave you to dry unless you pony up. This be a shame because granblue is a pretty good game otherwise.

Tldr; bow down to the rng gods or leave

Or pony up roughly 25 usd every couple of months and buy a surprise ticket, getting a 10 roll and a character of your choice outside the limited pool.

I was due for a bust draw after getting at least one SSR in each of the previous free 10-rolls, and sure enough this last free legfest draw had no rainbows for me. But I did get Soriz! I was always curious about the dirtiest of the dirty old men trio.

Verelios

Is Lyria on your party permanantly after Chapter 1 of this event or is there a "Loyalty" requirement? I'm assuming the former, but just making sure.

Draw was a Lucifer summon. Fuck you too, Granblue.

Oh, hey! I almost missed you there. Give me your ID and I can send you an invite to Trick Room.
Seems it's permanent after chapter 1, though not sure of her utility.

And...a little worse than yesterday...2 bronze moons. Y..yay.

So far, during this event. Not a single SSR pull from any of the free 10 pulls daily.

Hell even used 3k crystals and not a single SSR pull.

This is like 5 attempts at the 10 pull and absolutely nothing.

Just got an amazingly katana but I can't use it. When do you unlock the Samurai class or w/e?

You need to meet the requirements, if you go to the class area and click extra it shows you the requirements.

500 CP, Warrior Creed x1
Trophy: Twilight Slayer - host and clear the coop quest Rule of the Twilight.[Pandemonium lvl 3, 4th mission]

Gizuko

This legfest gave me nothing but light/dark characters (Zeta, Rosamia, Albert). Can't really complain since they padded my light team out, but I was hoping for a dirt ssr.

Dragner

I got all the featured SSR charas with my free rolls (Zeta and Orchis) + Albert. This game REALLY wants me to play dark. With this 2 im up to 11 dark SSRs my next element is wind with 5 and thats expending 2 surprise tickets on wind chars...

Yaari

Managed to get 11 new characters this legfest. Considering I was well above 60+ already, that's just insane.

Agielba
Aliza
Eugen
Hallesena
Zeta (Dark)
Yuisis
Romeo
Marquiares

Then the free 10 rolls started, first roll gave me Narmaya. Who I've been looking to get for months now. Pretty much completes my Dark line-up.

At this point I was at around 289 rolls, and my last roll got me an Odin and Beatrix dupe. I had a single roll left at 299, which turned into a rainbow crystal. Ended up being Orchid.

As I was sparking for either Orchid or Anila, this saved me from having to make a difficult choice between either of them. So to finish things off, I picked her.

I also gotten a bunch of summons;

Setekh
Anubis
Rose Queen
Quetzalcoatl
Dark Angel Olivia (2x)
Bonito
Odin

galvenize

Managed to get Dark Zeta, Orchid, Lancelot, Cagliostro, Izmir, Charlotta

Summons: Odin, and Rose queen.

How viable is a dark/light team? Or any mix of two element for that matter.

Dragner

Managed to get Dark Zeta, Orchid, Lancelot, Cagliostro, Izmir, Charlotta

Summons: Odin, and Rose queen.

How viable is a dark/light team? Or any mix of two element for that matter.

Im not an expert but Odin teams are good. If you are going to be base dark you need to slot a light character. The most common are Ferry and Amira in that slot.

Gizuko

Is a 9 levi dagger + levi spear a decent water build? I have 6 daggers and 2 luminiera axs + spear as my main so far.

I wouldn't get 9 daggers. 6 Is about the sweet spot, so long as you get an unknown down the line (baha weapons are a must in water, too, but those depend on your team comp I guess). I think 6-7 levi daggers (6+unknown is better) + baha dagger + cosmos dagger + GW dagger was the sweet spot if you are willing to get a cosmos dagger.

Water really needs an unkown weapon ASAP, getting 7 daggers without a cosmos seems like a huge waste to me.

Dandte

Hello Grand Blue Gaf,

i never really played my acount because the game was to grind heavy but recently i got the urge to play it. Sadly my free pulls weren't that good. 2* Mistilteinn, rose queen and silva. I might need some help with team building. From what i have i guess i should build a light/dark team and hope to pull ferry or jean d'arc dark and for summons lucifer, bahamut or odin.
u8wwZCG.jpg

Hello Grand Blue Gaf,

i never really played my account because the game was to grind heavy but recently i got the urge to play it. Sadly my free pulls weren't that good. 2* Mistilteinn, rose queen and silva. I might need some help with team building. From what i have i guess i should build a light/dark team and hope to pull ferry or jean d'arc dark and for summons lucifer, bahamut or odin.

I think you should do wind, dont forget Helnar is 5 star, you also could have a wind main summon. And also you can more readily get a good wind grind over time.

galvenize

Being a newbie, I was reading about the mechanics on how to generally raise your overall damage and to be honest I felt more confused than anything.
ELI5:
So basically, pick an element,then pick a main weapon your leader and party members are proficient with, the more weapons of the same type in your grid the better, pick a summon of the same element than your leader... Am I getting this right?

Being a newbie, I was reading about the mechanics on how to generally raise your overall damage and to be honest I felt more confused than anything.

Just pick weapons that have "Might" in their skill names, skill the weapons up to 10. For summons, your main summon should just correspond to whatever skills your weapons are...so if you have skills with Horus Might in them, your main summon should be whatever gives you 100% boost to Horus skills.

I wouldnt worry about proficiency of party members at your stage of the game.

Grzi

ELI5:
So basically, pick an element,then pick a main weapon your leader and party members are proficient with, the more weapons of the same type in your grid the better, pick a summon of the same element than your leader... Am I getting this right?

I'll simplify this as much as possible since you're new.

First you pick an element, let's say water. Then you have to fill up your weapon grid with weapons and your summon grid with summons, makes sense.
Your main weapon determines your main character's element, and your main summon determines your summon aura, which is a passive that boosts your attack or your weapon skills. More on that in a minute.

Now, the other summons in your pool don't activate their passive skill, only their active (call) during battle, so you can use whatever suits you there, you'll get that yourself.

However, the other weapons in your pool, besides having an attack number that adds up between them and determines your raw attack, also have a weapon skill. When you open up your weapon pool (party screen), you can see a small button that says skill on the bottom of that page, click it, and the numbers change to icons that are of different elements' color and have a skill level (probably 1 in your case) next to them. When you click on that weapon you can see the description of that skill. All of those skills are active during battle, as long as they are of the same element as your characters.

Now, for starters you want to keep things simple. You're playing water, so you want a summon that boosts raw element damage, like Cocytus (farmable) or Macula Marius. Those summons have an aura that boosts your elemental attack by a certain percentage. You pick a friend summon of the same element with the highest attack boost and you're good to go.

But, your goal are omega (magna) weapons of the element you're playing. Every element has an omega raid, water has Leviathan. Levi can drop a bunch of SR and SSR weapons, what you want are the ones with an attack up skill. In water's case those are Leviathan daggers (Leviathan gaze omega). You want to get as many of those as you can (there's an SR and SSR version, for starters, you can use SR attack up weapons for starters and then exchange them once you farm SSR attack up weapons), and fill your grid with them. After you have a decent number of omega SSR attack up weapons (5 or 6 most of the time) you need to raise their skill level. I won't get into that now, but it's relatively easy. Once you have the required number of skill level 10 weapons, you switch your main summon to a fully uncapped omega summon. Don't worry about getting that summon, it will drop plenty of times while you're farming weapons. What that summon does is boost the effect of your weapon skills (corresponding to that element) by 100%. Then you start using it as your main summon, while using the same strongest attack boost friend/support summons of your element.

Now, when starting, the best way to farm is just jump into a raid of the element you're farming, pick ANY support summon (you need to be fast because they die quick and you must land a hit to get rewards) cancel the support call once the raid starts and mash attack. It doesn't matter if you die, you get rewards and one of them might be the weapon that you need.

There's plenty of other different builds and other stuff you need to watch out for, but this is enough for starters, and should keep you entertained for a few months lol.

Dragner

ELI5:

Basically thats it. But more than weapon proficiency its more about element boosting. You need weapons that boost your atk. And weapons just boost atk for different elements. So you need to just pick an element get all chars of that element and then farm places to get that weapons. Basically do your daily hard raids that will give you orbs to summon omega raids and SR weapons (you wont be able to solo them at the beghining but dont worry just try to join and call for help, right now they are free so you dont lose much). While leeching omega raids of your element for SSR weapons that gives elemental attack +%.

Then theres a thing about mixing different multipliers from normal, unknown and omega weapons and bahamut weapons but right now just focus on getting your basic grid.

Dandte

I think you should do wind, dont forget Helnar is 5 star, you also could have a wind main summon. And also you can more readily get a good wind grind over time.

Just pick weapons that have "Might" in their skill names, skill the weapons up to 10. For summons, your main summon should just correspond to whatever skills your weapons are...so if you have skills with Horus Might in them, your main summon should be whatever gives you 100% boost to Horus skills.

I wouldnt worry about proficiency of party members at your stage of the game.

ELI5:

First you pick an element, let's say water. Then you have to fill up your weapon grid with weapons and your summon grid with summons, makes sense.
Your main weapon determines your main character's element, and your main summon determines your summon aura, which is a passive that boosts your attack or your weapon skills. More on that in a minute.

Now, the other summons in your pool don't activate their passive skill, only their active (call) during battle, so you can use whatever suits you there, you'll get that yourself.

However, the other weapons in your pool, besides having an attack number that adds up between them and determines your raw attack, also have a weapon skill. When you open up your weapon pool (party screen), you can see a small button that says skill on the bottom of that page, click it, and the numbers change to icons that are of different elements' color and have a skill level (probably 1 in your case) next to them. When you click on that weapon you can see the description of that skill. All of those skills are active during battle, as long as they are of the same element as your characters.

Now, for starters you want to keep things simple. You're playing water, so you want a summon that boosts raw element damage, like Cocytus (farmable) or Macula Marius. Those summons have an aura that boosts your elemental attack by a certain percentage. You pick a friend summon of the same element with the highest attack boost and you're good to go.

But, your goal are omega (magna) weapons of the element you're playing. Every element has an omega raid, water has Leviathan. Levi can drop a bunch of SR and SSR weapons, what you want are the ones with an attack up skill. In water's case those are Leviathan daggers (Leviathan gaze omega). You want to get as many of those as you can (there's an SR and SSR version, for starters, you can use SR attack up weapons for starters and then exchange them once you farm SSR attack up weapons), and fill your grid with them. After you have a decent number of omega SSR attack up weapons (5 or 6 most of the time) you need to raise their skill level. I won't get into that now, but it's relatively easy. Once you have the required number of skill level 10 weapons, you switch your main summon to a fully uncapped omega summon. Don't worry about getting that summon, it will drop plenty of times while you're farming weapons. What that summon does is boost the effect of your weapon skills (corresponding to that element) by 100%. Then you start using it as your main summon, while using the same strongest attack boost friend/support summons of your element.

Now, when starting, the best way to farm is just jump into a raid of the element you're farming, pick ANY support summon (you need to be fast because they die quick and you must land a hit to get rewards) cancel the support call once the raid starts and mash attack. It doesn't matter if you die, you get rewards and one of them might be the weapon that you need.

There's plenty of other different builds and other stuff you need to watch out for, but this is enough for starters, and should keep you entertained for a few months lol.

Thats why i thought i should go with dark or light. I'm confused i should go with wind, since i don't have any good wind weapons but a lot of dark weapons and scion in the pipe.

Got one SSR today which was the agni Summon.

Verelios

Disappointed!

2 bronze moons today

That makes my total 6 bronze moons and 3 silver moons, with an uncountable number of tickets used for trash

Fuck you game. Fuck you

Phew, done with MLBing Dark Scion. I must say, for an event summon, being able to 40% up any element is pretty nice. Sad Orcis never joined, but I'll live. Lyria is a surprisingly good support despite her inability to attack, she definitely increased my survival rate during the event's boss fights.

Strimei

Finally got a tiamat omega bolt, my second. Many more to go, but at least I have finally seen the damn thing drop instead of the damn axe.

im using like 20 accounts for the 70free draws. the best are fire metera, yuel and anthuria. is fire good? ;<

Most of Fire's top stuff is unticketable(Agni/Shiva) or gated by event (Xeno Ifrit Axe).

Well there's a 3rd anniversary stream at 19:00 JST today, so we'll have to see what they have to say about the content they're adding. There's a very strong likelihood of new weapons being added as well, so perhaps fire might finally have its moment.

dragn

Most of Fire's top stuff is unticketable(Agni/Shiva) or gated by event (Xeno Ifrit Axe).

Well there's a 3rd anniversary stream at 19:00 JST today, so we'll have to see what they have to say about the content they're adding. There's a very strong likelihood of new weapons being added as well, so perhaps fire might finally have its moment.

well im a new player, just asking since that account is the only one with same element ssr's. can i get that dark scion summon as a lvl 1 from the event? only thing i did until now was draw

galvenize

Starting to get it, thanks.

I actually have the characters for a water build in Izmir Charlotta and Lancelot but so does Dark with Orchid, Zeta and Grey. Dark has even more of a pull since I got Odin so I was tempted to go Dark/Light. I got a ticket exchange I planned to use to get Ferry ( Not because I know what I'm doing but she's a light character who's in the top pest of tiers and her art is kinda nice...) but all the things I hear about Dark/Light being nightmarish to progress with at the start deters me from doing so. So I find myself in a pickle and my brain is hurting me so much I fear I might not even have the time necessary to actually pick a free character( I have until the 10th). Go water, pick Katalina? Go dark light, pick Ferry? What are the other best alternatives? Should I get a summon instead? Please granblue veterans, help me sort this out ;-;.

As far as weapons go, I don't have a clear element majority so it's not helping.

I'm currently rank 20.

Starting to get it, thanks.

I actually have the characters for a water build in Izmir Charlotta and Lancelot but so does Dark with Orchid, Zeta and Grey. Dark has even more of a pull since I got Odin so I was tempted to go Dark/Light. I got a ticket exchange I planned to use to get Ferry ( Not because I know what I'm doing but she's a light character who's in the top pest of tiers and her art is kinda nice...) but all the things I hear about Dark/Light being nightmarish to progress with at the start deters me from doing so. So I find myself in a pickle and my brain is hurting me so much I fear I might not even have the time necessary to actually pick a free character( I have until the 10th). Go water, pick Katalina? Go dark light, pick Ferry? What are the other best alternatives? Should I get a summon instead? Please granblue veterans, help me sort this out ;-;.

As far as weapons go, I don't have a clear element majority so it's not helping.

I'm currently rank 20.

I went light because my husbando was light and alot of my favorite characters are light. If you dont mind only playing one element then go for light or dark. Its not really nightmarish if youre only farming that one element. Only once I reached rank 120 did I start to decide to gather weapons for a water team and so on.

Ala Alba

So, I guess I'm back after almost a year out.

I have a quick question:

Last time I played, Angel Halo quests were only available at certain times of the day, and one of those times would be special and drop more stuff. Now, it seems like it is available all the time? Is there still a better time of day to farm it?

Edit: Nevermind, found out that there isn't a special version anymore. I guess I can just farm away!

Top Bottom