• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Sakujou

Banned
galaxy note 4 here, the app constantly crashes after a few missions. does anyone know whats the problem?
iam in sweden, but i downloaded the app with qoo-app.

MSMrRound

What is the most essential character to have in a dark team?

Summer Zooey /s

Vampy is considered a pretty good all-rounder because of charm and her other skills,

Dark Jeanne if you are planning to go the enmity path.

You can refer to the tier lists for a general look at what are some of the characters that others are using e.g for my budding Dark team I'm running Superstar MC/Dark Jeanne/Narumaya and Summer Zooey with Black Knight and Forte as subs

Shadic7700

I recently got the new Orchid making that 3 ssr darks Orchid,Vira, and best girl Forte I assume I should make a dark team? I'm only lvl 56 but out of the ssrs I got from the 3year so far dark is the most prominent light being 2nd and wind tied. Any advice for a dark build I'm saving up 3k for the dark up pulls

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I recently got the new Orchid making that 3 ssr darks Orchid,Vira, and best girl Forte I assume I should make a dark team? I'm only lvl 56 but out of the ssrs I got from the 3year so far dark is the most prominent light being 2nd and wind tied. Any advice for a dark build I'm saving up 3k for the dark up pulls

Prepare for despair. The grind for dark is harder than the 4 primary elements.

MSMrRound

My body is ready....even if my mind my not. All for Forte

Forte's kind of a "warm-up bench" character though. She's got that passive skill where she will get stronger with the amount of turns that have passed..so yea, if you are planning to use her in the frontline don't expect her to hit as hard right from the get go

Shadic7700

Forte's kind of a "warm-up bench" character though. She's got that passive skill where she will get stronger with the amount of turns that have passed..so yea, if you are planning to use her in the frontline don't expect her to hit as hard right from the get go
I know I keep her in the back but when she does come out she hits like a truck..er dragon

Moaradin

Can the rupie draw give you any good characters? I'm only like 2 chapters in and mainly just logging in for the daily 10 draw. Game gave me like 20k rupies for some reason so I'm wondering if I should spend them on that.

Slyder

Neo Member
Can the rupie draw give you any good characters? I'm only like 2 chapters in and mainly just logging in for the daily 10 draw. Game gave me like 20k rupies for some reason so I'm wondering if I should spend them on that.

At the beginning it's better if you save your money and just do the free daily draw. As soon as you dip your toes in coop (which you should try to do daily as soons as you get there) and can sell some items from there, you should try to do all 100 draws daily. This is the main income for weapons/summons with "+1", which you can feed into your usable weapons to further increase stats. You can also get a few bronze moons and rare characters here and there.

Cygames also likes to troll us once or twice a year by showing what SSR people (apparently) got from rupie draws ;)

EDIT: Forgot everyone got the rupies (wasn't it 200k even?). Yeah you could spend some of that actually, but not all. You'll need the rupies for uncapping Characters and reducing Summons for valuable components.

A Damascus Ingot, 3000 Crystals and 200k Gold for my (lazy) ole self. Oh you guys~

Does anyone have bullet points from the stream?

Edit: Just checked Reddit! The 5-Star Guild War Character Art looks mmmmmmm yes. Oh yes!

So much exciting information about part of the content I will never get to lol. Also somehow the art for the Draph Noh/Samurai dude looks the worst of all imho, and he was the one I was gunning for (deluding myself that I will ever manage to make myself a guild wars char)

Verelios

To follow up on this

Wait why does fire Metera fly does wind Metera fly too and is her flying explained in wind Metera's fate episodes

Also why does dark Zeta hold her spear under her arm all weird does fire Zeta do that
I can safely say Wind Metera can fly, no its never explained barring her being some grandmaster genius mage who chooses to sleep among the unwashed masses, and yes, Sutera best sister. I did like their V2 fate episodes ^.^

Alright guys, I just started during the free 10 roll period and I'm doing my best to learn everything but I still have some questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me out.

Here's my current party:
gpIEwLm.png

Current summons:
8BQic55g.png

Current weapon pool:
rBYP3XQ.png

Ok now for questions. First of all how does this look? I haven't bought a beginner ticket yet but I was thinking of getting Orchid and trying for a light/dark team. Is that viable?

Is it better to use all weapons of 1 or 2 elements then using SSRs of different elements?

I'm really trying to learn everything on my own but there's just so much to this game. Apologies if you guys get these questions a lot.

Alright guys, I just started during the free 10 roll period and I'm doing my best to learn everything but I still have some questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me out.

Ok now for questions. First of all how does this look? I haven't bought a beginner ticket yet but I was thinking of getting Orchid and trying for a light/dark team. Is that viable?

Is it better to use all weapons of 1 or 2 elements then using SSRs of different elements?

I'm really trying to learn everything on my own but there's just so much to this game. Apologies if you guys get these questions a lot.

If you want to quickly get more light weapons to add to your grid you could play the current event and hope for a few of the weapons to drop. Otherwise, you really just need to play further and get more weapons so you can have a stronger and more focused grid.

If you want to quickly get more light weapons to add to your grid you could play the current event and hope for a few of the weapons to drop. Otherwise, you really just need to play further and get more weapons so you can have a stronger and more focused grid.

So I should just focus on Light weapons? Even if they're SR or R and not SSR?

cress2000

Any active crews accepting members that can't make any commitments at the moment? My crew fizzed out and buffs aren't being renewed regularly anymore. I'm rank 105.

Moaradin

I've opened all of the free premium 10 draws so far and only got one SSR character, and that was the very first one I opened. Is my luck extremely bad or do they have that low of a drop rate?

I've opened all of the free premium 10 draws so far and only got one SSR character, and that was the very first one I opened. Is my luck extremely bad or do they have that low of a drop rate?
Really random.
I've gone some legfest without any SSR.

Now I got 1-2 SSR per free pulls. Lucky for now I guess.

mAcOdIn

Both.

This game doesn't generally have a guaranteed SSR draw mechanic for free like some games do with a full draw, you have to pony up cash for when they do Star 10 pulls that are guaranteed to net you a SSR or buy a surprise ticket. The normal rates for pulling a SSR is 3% and a Legend Fest only ups that to 6%. It should be noted that the rate ups from Legend Fest are over and that the SSR draw rate should be back to 3% now. That said, this game is generally pretty generous when it comes to pulls so you're going to be pulling a lot more often on this game compared to, well, really anything on the western market I can think of.

The game also has a lot of just random SR tickets, SSR tickets, that it throws at you for various reasons as well so even though it doesn't have a guaranteed SSR mechanic like a lot of other games you're going to get SSR characters.

One thing you always need to be aware of when pulling is the difference between the two rate ups. You have a rate up for pulling specific characters like what's in effect this week for the fan favorites, what that means is that within your normal 3% chance of pulling a SSR that the rates for pulling an on-banner character have been increased, so you don't have a higher chance of pulling a SSR but if you do pull a SSR you have a higher chance of it being one of the ones on the banner. The other rate up is when they actually increase the odds for pulling a SSR character period, which is what Legend Fest is. At any time you can go to the Draw screen and go down to Draw rates underneath the Draw button and see what the rates are. So right now for each Draw you have a 3% chance of getting a SSR and a 15% chance of getting a SR and within that you have a .018 chance of pulling any particular of banner character and a .3 percent chance of pulling an on-banner character. This is why most people tell you to save your pulls for a Legend Fest. Of course since right now we're all getting free 10 Draws go forth and pull but in the future it's generally best to ignore draws that aren't tied to some kind of SSR rate up like Legend Fest.

The problem is the pool for characters is just so large. I get more SSRs from single free rolls than I do during rate up events. Its reasons why I used to only draw on +mark bonus days, at least I get some consolation prize for my cursed luck from the Astrals.

dragn

which acc to play? 4 fire ssr (metera,anthuria,yuel,magisa) or 2 wind 2 earth (korwa,melissabelle/ayer,melleau)

not concerned about grind and all that endgame stuff yet, just a new player so ill wanna do the story first

which acc to play? 4 fire ssr (metera,anthuria,yuel,magisa) or 2 wind 2 earth (korwa,melissabelle/ayer,melleau)

not concerned about grind and all that endgame stuff yet, just a new player so ill wanna do the story first
tough call honestly.
You got a full fire with good Yuel.

Probably better to go in with at least 2 decent element though, with godly Korwa for wind and Ayer for earth.

Any notable summons on either accounts? This could go either way, but I'm tipping towards acct 2 because fire needs more work to progress, and you have Korwa there.

Wow, a free Bahamat Nova weapon just for completing the event, awesome.
Well, if you manage to gather the drops to trade it in, I guess. At least they're raids so if I grind enough I might be able to scrounge up enough stuff. As single battles there would have been no hope.
At any rate, thanks for the heads-up on the event update!

mAcOdIn

Well, if you manage to gather the drops to trade it in, I guess. At least they're raids so if I grind enough I might be able to scrounge up enough stuff. As single battles there would have been no hope.
At any rate, thanks for the heads-up on the event update!
Actually, I don't know if you can actually die. I think it's a total freebie.

The story battles solo are all but non-existant, with the only two battles of consequence before the final battle being the raids. The final battle's one against Bahamut, not a raid, but you have some kind of skill cast on you that regenerates your health and prevents you from dying. Beat him and he drops a claw which you trade in for any Bahamut Weapon you want. I don't know if that thing has a time limit or something but to me it seems like you're meant to just go through the motions and collect your guaranteed reward. And the Bahamut weapons are already Nova class, that's great until rank 100. I's not like they're free rusted daggers or whatever that you need to evolve with Bahamut Horns, this is the real deal. It's a hell of a lot simpler than having to run a raid over and over and over again, hope for honors or a drop from a loot box.

Actually, I don't know if you can actually die. I think it's a total freebie.

The story battles solo are all but non-existant, with the only two battles of consequence before the final battle being the raids. The final battle's one against Bahamut, not a raid, but you have some kind of skill cast on you that regenerates your health and prevents you from dying. I don't know if that thing has a time limit or something but to me it seems like you're meant to just go through the motions and collect your guaranteed reward. And the Bahamut weapons are already Nova class, that's great until rank 100. I's not like they're free rusted daggers or whatever that you need to evolve with Bahamut Horns, this is the real deal. It's a hell of a lot simpler from having to run a raid over and over and over again, hope for honors or a drop from a loot box.
Ah OK thanks for clearing that up, I misunderstood because when I checked the event update from my phone, it said you had to trade in loot from the new raid(s?) to get the Bahamut weapon. So you really just do get one for clearing the event, nice. As for surviving the Bahamut battle on my own... You'll be notified whether you hear or not the sound of wailing ringing across the continents.

edit: what makes this difficult is that I don't have a weapon grid in hand/mind yet. I'm totally gonna choose something useless. Don't I also need to consider the races I'm playing with?

mAcOdIn

All you need to concern yourself with is race. Not a characters preferred weapon, not your class weapon, just the race makeup of most of your characters. This is mostly going to be used as a stat stick in your grid and all applicable characters will get the buff whether it's your main weapon or just in your grid. You're probably going to want the dagger or sword. The sword ups human, draph and special race character's attack and HP and the dagger does human and special's attack, though with its final upgrade you can do at rank 100 it'll also apply to Erin. I guess if you had no humans you might want the Spear but humans are the most common race.

Definitely check the wiki but there's not a real wrong answer so long as you get one that'll affect most of your party members. Since this weapon will be a staple for a long time on all your team's you're going to have to accept that for some parties someone might not be covered. I do light, for example, and went with the dagger but I use it on all my teams since it's fully uncapped and still better than anything I can scrounge up despite some not getting the benefit. Because of that it's also the weapon I dump all my pluses into. This is a weapon fully uncapped out of the box that goes up to lvl 100, you'll find uses for it on off teams. But you have a couple days to decide, your plans may change if you get an interesting pull on the free draw.

Ah OK thanks for clearing that up, I misunderstood because when I checked the event update from my phone, it said you had to trade in loot from the new raid(s?) to get the Bahamut weapon. So you really just do get one for clearing the event, nice. As for surviving the Bahamut battle on my own... You'll be notified whether you hear or not the sound of wailing ringing across the continents.

edit: what makes this difficult is that I don't have a weapon grid in hand/mind yet. I'm totally gonna choose something useless. Don't I also need to consider the races I'm playing with?

Bahamut pretty much only attacks on his ougis, which did between 800-1600 damage with standard attack down skills. And you auto regenerate the entire battle. The only attack that did any damage to me was his very last charge attack at under 25% HP, which seemed to be a percentage of max HP. Just save some healing and make sure you're topped off before that attack and you will be fine.

As for what to get, yeah it is race based. If you don't have a strong team set up yet I would probably get a dagger, as it boosts human attack and there are more good human SSR characters than others.

Bahamut pretty much only attacks on his ougis, which did between 800-1600 damage with standard attack down skills. And you auto regenerate the entire battle. The only attack that did any damage to me was his very last charge attack at under 25% HP, which seemed to be a percentage of max HP. Just save some healing and make sure you're topped off before that attack and you will be fine.

To add to this: I'm fairly certain that you're given not only a regen but a survive attacks with 1 HP passive as well -- it's really just a free, level 1, skill level 1 bahamut nova weapon.

I went with the sword, since I have the dagger already.

Looks like there's a handful of new badge and honor items as well, notably bahamut horns.

mAcOdIn

To add to this: I'm fairly certain that you're given not only a regen but a survive attacks with 1 HP passive as well -- it's really just a free, level 1, skill level 1 bahamut nova weapon.

I went with the sword, since I have the dagger already.

Looks like there's a handful of new badge and honor items as well, notably bahamut horns.
Better yet primeval horns too, not that I can imagine getting that many honors.

MrCinos

it became too much of a hassle to do coop missions because almost no one connects to my rooms all of a sudden. I'm guessing half ap discounts are to blame for this? Not even bothering with them for now.

Liseda

I like to pretend that I have an alt for sliming, but in reality it's because I don't want to bother/rely on other people for my dailies.

Top Bottom