• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

raven777

what's scummier than just releasing only new characters for $800?

telling you to sign up for their credit card so you can get granblue airmiles instead.
charm_laugh.gif

http://www.smbc-card.com/nyukai/affiliate/granblue/lp/index.jsp?wapr=57048966

This is some new level bullshit right here.

So disappointed

Quonny

Ah I see I shall wait! haha
It's quite easy to make a Japanese account and play it that way. S what I'm doing. You never have to log into it again either, updates are automatic and across the whole phone. Took like 3 minutes to get from account creation back to my account and playing the game.

chrono01

I may be wrong, but I thought they were only doing the English translation and not releasing the game outside of Japan due to licensing issues from the crossovers they do?
It hasn't been confirmed either way, but that's the speculation. Honestly, after playing the game for myself, I can see why. There's quite a bit of crossover events.

The English translation comes out next week or so, right? I did the free 10-pulls and am logging in daily for rewards, but I'm holding off playing it seriously until it drops.

Grzi

I thought it was the 11th?

Also, I have no idea how to delete stuff from my inventory so I have a bunch of weapons atuck in my gift box. How long will they be there?

Anko

Honestly, now's the best time to play... What with the half ap/bp campaigns, raid limit increase and bonus level/rank xp.

chrono01

I thought it was the 11th?

Also, I have no idea how to delete stuff from my inventory so I have a bunch of weapons atuck in my gift box. How long will they be there?
Sorry, slip of the finger for me (I was thinking of the date for something else). It is indeed the 11th.

Rixa

I'd love that. I'm guessing it'll just be a simple release, but if they offered a Surprise Ticket for purchase, I wouldn't say no.
If that happens Iam not sure who to pick :p.

- Light: Jeanne & Sarunan, sr (stier) Arusha, Noa, Feather, Apollo as summon
- Water: Altair, sr Catalina (duh), Sig
- Fire: Clarice, sr Tina
- Wind: Petra, sr Sutera, Anat as summon
- Earth: Arurumeiya, sr Soriz, Jasmine, Medusa as summon

I have total of 74 different charactes and only 9 ssr and not so many s tier sr.
Missing a lot of units to form good party, maybe grab something from Earth or Water, Windmeme is no no for me, let the rest of the guild handle it. ;).

I could go the really tough route and grab some Light unit. But somehow I dont feel like doing 2 grindish element same time.

Somehow Iam thinking to go Earthly as 2nd element.

Edit: Or Water, kinda same. Every other element than Dark, my weapon pool sucks big time. But yeah, its the Dark Iam doing and only do 2nd element if I cant access to Celeste.

I bought the start dash. Who should I pick? I already have Eugen, Lennah and Riruru.

Make room for me please.

I could but I can't. I'm seeing two unknown people that have applied for the guild and I don't know if either one is you or some random. So help me out a bit.

Rixa

In story, I think I hit the first wall. Story chapter 40, battle 3/4 against Yggdra. Cant beat it with my Dark team. Is there some special plan needed for this fight. I couldnt use elixirs either (after party wipe). All my skills against main body get "Guard" effect, not sure would they land If I manage to get Ygg to break mode.

Since Ygg heals shitton of Damage, what job gives Undead skill and how to land it on Ygg?

Edit: You need to lose here, you cant win, after it you move to battle 4/4.

DrAg0nBoY

Am I a bad person for joining Magna raids for which I am completely underleveled and just wait for other guys to kill the mob?

Azusa

In story, I think I hit the first wall. Story chapter 40, battle 3/4 against Yggdra. Cant beat it with my Dark team. Is there some special plan needed for this fight. I couldnt use elixirs either (after party wipe). All my skills against main body get "Guard" effect, not sure would they land If I manage to get Ygg to break mode.

Since Ygg heals shitton of Damage, what job gives Undead skill and how to land it on Ygg?

You can cast celeste active. I think she prevents healing.

DrAg0nBoY

Welp my first SSR summon droped and it is Chevalier Magna. I can't wait for the english version, because I have no idea what to do with all this stuff.

froliq

Do you need weapons with the same skill type (eg. Atk up, HP up) to skill level, or will any skill do, so long as the element matches the skill?

Is there any way to farm these weapons? The rare weapon drops from quests seem to not have any skills...

Any weapon from any element with any skill. Once you select your fodder you can see the skill level up chance on the confirmation screen.

Sorry, slip of the finger for me (I was thinking of the date for something else). It is indeed the 11th.

5 days away then. I can hardly wait.

Honestly, now's the best time to play... What with the half ap/bp campaigns, raid limit increase and bonus level/rank xp.

I really would like to just start playing now, I'm just kinda apprehensive towards menus and stuff I can't understand. Afraid I might accidentally spend gems or fuse/sell my SSR weapons or something.

Anyway, I took a look at my character box. From the free 10-pulls last week I have:
SSR: Silva, Yuel, Narmaya, Catherine
SR: Catalina, Maria, Ejeli, Stella

Don't have any SSR summons.

garath

Speaking of magna summons. I finally got my first one. Tiamat. Works for me! My wind team is sporting a carbuncle with no stars. Tiamat will be a nice replacement.

I'm trying to get Rosetta's last skill but it's gated by story stage 50. Oy. I'm only up to 41. Going to be awhile. Going to grind like crazy today while it's the half AP still.

Edit: looks like 41 has a character requirement. Anyone know offhand what it is? The phone app doesn't have translate and I can't get on the PC to check until late tonight.

Rixa

Speaking of magna summons. I finally got my first one. Tiamat. Works for me! My wind team is sporting a carbuncle with no stars. Tiamat will be a nice replacement.

I'm trying to get Rosetta's last skill but it's gated by story stage 50. Oy. I'm only up to 41. Going to be awhile. Going to grind like crazy today while it's the half AP still.

Edit: looks like 41 has a character requirement. Anyone know offhand what it is? The phone app doesn't have translate and I can't get on the PC to check until late tonight.

Chapter 41, you need to remove some member from your party and replace it. I just did 41 1-4 with my dark party and didnt get any pop up about remove / add unit.

Uthred

So the only way to get SSR Zoe is to sign-up for a credit card with a bank thats running a collaboration with mobage? Bit of a hassle for Japanese players and obviously unfortunate for international players but it doesnt seem any more or less reprehensible than any other collaboration exclusive unit/reward. Unless I'm missing something?

So the only way to get SSR Zoe is to sign-up for a credit card with a bank thats running a collaboration with mobage? Bit of a hassle for Japanese players and obviously unfortunate for international players but it doesnt seem any more or less reprehensible than any other collaboration exclusive unit/reward. Unless I'm missing something?

only way currently announced

the announcement doesn't list her as an 'exclusive' to the deal and while it doesn't mention she'll be coming out normally in the gatcha, it's likely you can probably pull for her (and might end up costing more than signing up for the credit card ~_~)

i imagine the outrage is more due to the fact that she's a popular character and people are mad that she's currently tied to an annoying promotion

draw4wild

Is there a way to get the raid list to refresh? My list is constantly filled with Celeste and Chevalier and I have to wait for those to be finished before my list will refresh and hopefully have a Tiamat

edit: and complaint about it works, got the SSS fist to drop from Tiamat the very next refresh. Is there a difference between the spear/fist/etc? Or should I just be happy with any SSR

got my 2nd copy of the event summon

considering i'll get the 3rd one from points, guess I'll start grinding out tickets tonight to try and get the last copy ha ha ha

Vamphuntr

I could but I can't. I'm seeing two unknown people that have applied for the guild and I don't know if either one is you or some random. So help me out a bit.

I'm vamphuntr. Same username.

I'm gonna ask the same thing as someone above. Is it good to use my start dash ticket on Yoda (for the raids) or should I pick someone else.

muu

I'm vamphuntr. Same username.

I'm gonna ask the same thing as someone above. Is it good to use my start dash ticket on Yoda (for the raids) or should I pick someone else.

If you think you're going to stick w/ the game Yoda probably makes the most sense. It'll take a couple weeks minimum before you're able to do better than "get Yoda to 100% and do 999999 damage." Long term there can be better water chars but his skillset makes him valuable in a variety of situations.

MSMrRound

Tried participating in a couple of raids...and not too sure what's going on.

Apparently some guides said there's a way to leech? Can I just land a hit and go back to "My Page", or do I have to wait it out until the target mob is dead? (Not aiming for MVP etc).

Top Bottom