• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

kiryogi

Banned

I got 3 copies of Xiao too.

Also Altair and Eustace.

45 SSR now

I got the event boss down to around 20% before Jeanne killed herself mysteriously and the rest couldn't do much damage so I lost. Ugh.

Jeanne first ability will put a debuff on her that eats away I think 10% hp for 5 turns. Use Xiaos first ability to negate this. Jeanne third ability will kill her at the end of her 5th turn if she doesn't get fully healed by then.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I got 3 copies of Xiao too.

Also Altair and Eustace.

45 SSR now

Jeanne first ability will put a debuff on her that eats away I think 10% hp for 5 turns. Use Xiaos first ability to negate this. Jeanne third ability will kill her at the end of her 5th turn if she doesn't get fully healed by then.

I don't understand how you have so many SSRs...

chrono01

Nice, thanks! I'll give it another attempt later.

17Mb.png

Ok hopefully this is the last time. If I buy the Start Dash thing (probably will), I would do it like this for the following accounts:

8. I would get Clarice or Yuel for the fire team
9. I would get Vampy or Lady Grey
14. I would get Altair
24. Narumea or Vila

Now, 14 would get me to late game easier than others but I still could get Yoda with Start Dash on other accounts. And Order Grande.

24 would get me a bunch of ssr units with main being dark, but I heard dark and light are grindy than other element.

8 would get me a nice fire team. and I don't have any idea for 9.

If you didn't know already, I'm really picky / having a hard time to pick my account lol

You can try different accounts and see which one fits your play style.
I suggest you keep grande account for a while, grande is super super rare. It's quite easy to get SSR characters in this game, but it's very hard to get a decent summon. It took me two years to get Lucifer (for reference I have 37 SSR characters now)

How do I register to play on my phone?
I've registered a YahooJP account but I have no idea which button to click after I get redirected to a website from the login screen.

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Is that event fire SR Belt/Whip worth limit breaking and using? It has Medium Fire attack up. Also is it better to keep the event SSR Fire Bouquets separate or max limit break one of them for a new fire player?

kiryogi

Banned
Is that event fire SR Belt/Whip worth limit breaking and using? It has Medium Fire attack up. Also is it better to keep the event SSR Fire Bouquets separate or max limit break one of them for a new fire player?

Yes, the fire belt is worthwhile for a new player, and probably keep those bouquets separate if you don't have much else for your fire pool.

kiryogi

Banned
So, maybe if folks haven't noticed but didn't want to report on it until I saw more reports. It seems last nights event actually added more Alpha players.

Rixa

That said, pick what you want -- in the overall scheme of things I'm maybe 10-20% underpowered compared to ideal setups w/ Baha/Luci, esp. since I have Zeus now. The farther down you dig in this game the more it's about getting that extra 1% of damage though. You either deal with it, spend more money on gachas, or make a Wind party.
Also there is Rosetta <insert windmeme here> in that account, insane not to start with it o_O.

Anyways, I know Zeus is endgame summon. But how it actually works, with what elements & do you need to mlb it?

Asking cause I pulled Zeus and on my limited play I dont yet understand it. I prolly should get it to 40 too and test...

kiryogi

Banned
Also there is Rosetta <insert windmeme here> in that account, insane not to start with it o_O.

Anyways, I know Zeus is endgame summon. But how it actually works, with what elements & do you need to mlb it?

Asking cause I pulled Zeus and on my limited play I dont yet understand it. I prolly should get it to 40 too and test...

Zeus is endgame WHALE/event summon. Essentially, Primal summons, boost Normal category skills by 80%. If your pool is made up of event/gacha weapons (of the summons element), it's very ideal.

So, maybe if folks haven't noticed but didn't want to report on it until I saw more reports. It seems last nights event actually added more Alpha players.

yeah, i noticed, some jp players i'm following on twitter were showing off the bromance between vane, percy and lancey

pix

Applied to the guild.

Also I have gotten a couple SR weapons from Celeste Magna. The stats are horrible whats the purpose of these weapons?

chrono01

Welcome to the Fantasy, English Granblue players!

We at CyGames are happy to release the English language option for our hit-game, "Granblue Fantasy". To thank both our long-time players, as well as to welcome those of you that are new, we have a slew of incredible promotions and log-in bonuses for you all!

Promotion Date: April 11th - April 16th

1) Log-in each day during the event and receive a free ten-pull from our Premium Legend Gatcha! In addition, at least one SSR (character or summon) will be guaranteed per pull! We hope that those of you playing for a while can further enhance your character options, and those just joining us to build the foundations of a strong team.

2) Summon discount! During the event, all of the Premium Gatcha summons will be reduced to half of their original cost. That means, for 150 crystals, you can do a single pull and a ten-pull for 1500 crystals! This is a great opportunity to spend those hoarded (or to-be-earned) crystals, so hold nothing back!

3) 1/2 AP for all story quests, and 1/2 BP for all multi-battles. Whether you're still working through the story, or interested in grinding omega, this is a great chance to get the most out of your resources!

We hope you enjoy the event we have planned, and look forward to many continued years of providing new and refreshing content for you all!

- The CyGames Team

Disclaimer:

This isn't actually real, but how amazing would this be? A man can dream...

chrono01

Lumiere
Narmaya :dead
She'll always be Narumeia to me. :(

I'm super-excited for the English release though. Man, it's so close now. First thing I'm going to do is go back and read ALL of the story content. It's going to take me a while, but it'll be worth it.

Rixa

No luck here. :(
No luck here either
Zeus is endgame WHALE/event summon. Essentially, Primal summons, boost Normal category skills by 80%. If your pool is made up of event/gacha weapons (of the summons element), it's very ideal.
Ok I get it now. Good luck getting 10 mlb gacha weapons that actually are same colour and have good stats.
I have that one mlb sr sword, maybe its enough ;)...

Grats for getting DJeanne and _that_ SR. I dont have crystals to pull and try to get SR. Not interest in DJ at all.

MSMrRound

Still new to the game, so just trying to wrap my head around it, since the only other mobage I'm playing at the moment is Fate/GO...any handy links to understand some of the mechanics and stuff?

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Should I be trying to farm up weapons with HP passive like the event flame fist? I can deal damage to bosses but I find them one shoting me once their ougis are charged.

Gizuko

Jesus, got Yoda and Char down since I wasn't paying too much attention to the fight. I fumbled a botched order run so hard it's not even funny.

Anko

Catalina is waifu material you say? She's husbando material no matter how I look at it #Chapter19

VIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <3

How the hell can I not go with my Vira account after this?

Yu Narukami

I need some help please. I read the weapon guide but it's still confusing. What is stronger a few SSR weapons of different elements or a mix of the former plus SR weapons with attack up skill but the same element? I really don't know if I'm wasting my ressources upgrading SR weapons. The equipment system seems to prioritize SSR weapons regardless of element.

Azusa

I need some help please. I read the weapon guide but it's still confusing. What is stronger a few SSR weapons of different elements or a mix of the former plus SR weapons with attack up skill but the same element? I really don't know if I'm wasting my ressources upgrading SR weapons. The equipment system seems to prioritize SSR weapons regardless of element.

If you skillup SR weapon equipment system will pick that SR weapon instead of SSR even if SSR raw stats is better. Its all about skill level. Its worth to have SR weapons and its worth to skillup it a bit (4 to 6 level at least). Its way easier to skillup SR than SSR.

Yu Narukami

If you skillup SR weapon equipment system will pick that SR weapon instead of SSR even if SSR raw stats is better. Its all about skill level. Its worth to have SR weapons and its worth to skillup it a bit (4 to 6 level at least). Its way easier to skillup SR than SSR.

What about elements? Should they be the same?

Azusa

Thanks it's more clear now. Whare can I farm the purple mats needed to upgrade weapon skills?

you need any weapon with skill to upgrade skill.

4. Leveling Weapon Skills

Once you have identified and obtained these weapons you will need to upgrade their skill levels. This will allow you to maximize the weapon's potential. How to get points and how many points required are detailed in the Ultimate Guide. This section will detail the recommended fodder for SR Weapons, SSR Weapons and Bahamut Weapons. The notations are (Quantity) x (Item Type)(Skill level). For example 3 x SSR3 will mean 3 SSRs with skill level 3.

The tables for each weapon category are as follows:

The general philosophy for using fodder is based on how many SSRs or SRs you have. For example, if you plan to upgrade an SSR from level 9 to level 10. You can either use 18 SRs, 2 SSRs or SSR2. Ideally, SSR2 will consume the least amount of items as it only requires 2 SRs to upgrade an SSR to level 2. However if you have no SSRs spare, then 18 SRs is only option you have, if you have tones of SSRs to spare but no SRs (and are impatient) you can use 2 SSRs instead.

SR weapon: http://i.imgur.com/9NXJnSq.png
SSR weapon: http://i.imgur.com/1xLpUhb.png
Bahamut weapon: http://i.imgur.com/AIkT7V3.png

source: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/weapon-summon-optimisation-progression

Top Bottom