• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Quonny

So there's next to no chance of me getting the 30k katana from the event. I heard that I should instead aim for those silver and gold scrolls, no idea what they do, but I should get those. I have the dagger.

Azusa

So there's next to no chance of me getting the 30k katana from the event. I heard that I should instead aim for those silver and gold scrolls, no idea what they do, but I should get those. I have the dagger.

Get 20 1/2AP pots. Also get rupee and then get silver/gold certificates. You need 3 gold to max limit break SSR char and 3 silver to max limit break SR char.

Get 20 1/2AP pots. Also get rupee and then get silver/gold certificates. You need 3 gold to max limit break SSR char and 3 silver to max limit break SR char.

WHy 1/2 pots conisdered so valuable? You can't use them to revive and unless you like play constantly, you never run out of stamina anyway...

WHy 1/2 pots conisdered so valuable? You can't use them to revive and unless you like play constantly, you never run out of stamina anyway...

So you can keep grinding. Guild wars to help your guild qualify/win a match. Grind out events for drops or points. They're fairly important to start gathering for when you want to play just a bit more.

Noob question which one is the gold/silver cerificate?

HOUCtC5.png

Gold on top, silver on the bottom.

I have used more than 300 on the last guild wars event.

All of this sounds way too grindy, considering actual games, like Dark Souls 3 are on the horizon, y'all are just giving me impression sitting there and grinding sit he only way to play... makes me just wanna quit right away.

Quonny

All of this sounds way too grindy, considering actual games, like Dark Souls 3 are on the horizon, y'all are just giving me impression sitting there and grinding sit he only way to play... makes me just wanna quit right away.
I mean, it's a gacha game. Every single one of these is about grinding. They're games you play while you play other games, or while you're waiting for something.

I play while the wife watches TV, or while I'm running a trade route in Black Desert, or while I'm waiting for my dinner to finish cooking.

Azusa

Its hard to play this game while doing something else. This game requires almost all your attention. There is no auto and you have to actually play and use appropriate skills and other things.

I mean, it's a gacha game. Every single one of these is about grinding. They're games you play while you play other games, or while you're waiting for something.

I play while the wife watches TV, or while I'm running a trade route in Black Desert, or while I'm waiting for my dinner to finish cooking.

In GO I was consistently able to do just fine in the event just by depleting my stamina once, twice a day tops... I basically set 15-20 minutes a day for it and was fine.

Razmos

Level him to 45 lvl to get his 3rd skill which instantly gives him 3 stacks. After that do ougi right after you get 100% gauge (use 3rd skill if necessary).
After that just hope that he lives long enough to get to next 100%/3 stacks - he deals half the damage and receives twice the damage when he have no stacks. Normally I can pull 2 full ougi and almost never 3 full ougi.
Very helpful, thank you. I have the mats to break his cap so I'll work on levelling him up for now.

I just had an "Assault Time" trigger for an hour which set my special gauge to 100% and give me almost double the amount of event points (made about 3000 *_*)

What causes that to trigger? Never seen it before today but it was super helpful

Very helpful, thank you. I have the mats to break his cap so I'll work on levelling him up for now.

I just had an "Assault Time" trigger for an hour which set my special gauge to 100% and give me almost double the amount of event points (made about 3000 *_*)

What causes that to trigger? Never seen it before today but it was super helpful

The guild assigns those times.

Felessan

You are welcome.
If you are gonna rely on Yoda ougi damage (and you will in the beginning) - you should build your party around him - i.e max survivanility - defense, attack debuffs and healing.
Yoda ougi extra damage is fixed and thus not affected by damage buffs/armor debuffs, and extra survivability might help you to get another chance to fire Yoda.

kiryogi

Banned
Will this game show up on the NA Google Play Store?

We won't know until the option releases, or if they plan to do it down the road or anything. As far as we know, there's been zero media buzz or mentions, plus the CyGames site lists it as Japan Exclusive. It might just be a workaround for them considering all the licensing. It's safest to assume right now that it probably will not be on the Global Store. But it's not hard to get the app, just get it via Qooapp.

In other news. Street Fighter Collab Excite!

Here's a video of the last collab and just how extremely well it was done.

Also lawl, GBF V will have more of a story mode than SFV. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Q6fkmmafA

We won't know until the option releases, or if they plan to do it down the road or anything. As far as we know, there's been zero media buzz or mentions, plus the CyGames site lists it as Japan Exclusive. It might just be a workaround for them considering all the licensing. It's safest to assume right now that it probably will not be on the Global Store.
Thanks for thr answer. Hoping that when it does release, the developer will have a guide on how to install it if it's not up on the Store.

Squire

Banned
We won't know until the option releases, or if they plan to do it down the road or anything. As far as we know, there's been zero media buzz or mentions, plus the CyGames site lists it as Japan Exclusive. It might just be a workaround for them considering all the licensing. It's safest to assume right now that it probably will not be on the Global Store. But it's not hard to get the app, just get it via Qooapp.

Does this apply to iTunes, too?

Anko

How do I get this working on my Android phone? I can't seem to find many guides out there.

edit: ah, so I just get the Qooapp?

Another option is to use the chrome browser on Android and go to http://gbf.game.mbga.jp/

The only problem is that the sound continues playing even when chrome is in the background. Just mute it and you'll be fine. No idea how battery draining it is though.

Panda Rin

Another option is to use the chrome browser on Android and go to http://gbf.game.mbga.jp/

The only problem is that the sound continues playing even when chrome is in the background. Just mute it and you'll be fine. No idea how battery draining it is though.

Tried it with Qooapp, and it's fairly blurry. Anyway to fix that?

edit: Also, should I just register with my g+ account? It never gave me a prompt for a password.

Just read they might not have everything fully translated in english at first.

I've been saving up the last 2 story Chapters of the game so I can experience the ending in english, so this kinda sucks if true. :O

EDIT: might just be case in current Alpha version.

DJIzana

I'm just hoping for menu and battle translations lol.

I was hoping for at least a good chunk of it to be translated. Especially the story.

I mean, to me, what sells this game the most is the art and what appears to be a FF type of battle system on mobile (haven't actually played the game yet myself as I'm waiting for that English option).

It's weird how they've been so... mum on it. No information about the anime since last TGS. I guess that might be saved for TGS again this year?

In any case, the thing to get me into Granblue was the art. I never, in my life, thought I'd play (let alone get excited about) a mobile only game. This game changed that for me.

Anko

Tried it with Qooapp, and it's fairly blurry. Anyway to fix that?

edit: Also, should I just register with my g+ account? It never gave me a prompt for a password.

I'm guessing you set the graphic level to low during setup as recommended by one of the rerolling guides?

The easiest way to change it will be at the "Top" screen (scroll down) which will set your graphic level, sound, etc back to the standard level here:
There are more specific settings in the menu but that will require going through multiple screens.

I'm not familiar with starting an account through the app, but I think no email is tied to it yet. You can either register one to it or start a new one if you've not progressed far. I've never tried so I can't tell you how to register one to a mobile account. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

draw4wild

Correct... Or folks could just play on their PC via Chrome or the Chomeapp. No bluestacks required.

Also not making fun of folks, but Granblue Fantasy is an extremely intricate game, this idiot's guide might make it easier to digest than the Ultimate Guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yUxZWnpEhW7NU1wl2Q99znx7CJN-AmS9Je7Fz6eXPcw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

I need to stop reading up on things like bahamut and guild wars weapons while I'm still so far away from them, it makes it seems so daunting. For now its just get some magna, some normal, and some collab weapons. Does the SF event have weapons to get?

The previous one had a water Unknown-type fist weapon.
Also turns your hero into Ken/Chun-Li costume.
Totally worth it.

the costumes are the best things
skins usually cost money and these being free are great
sure, you have to use the grappler line classes but hey you'll look great when you are going through them to get weapon master!

So, not so long ago I was freaking out about this on Discort, but this time, I should do so here... So, khem khem...

KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN MOTHERFUCKING KARIN!

kiryogi

Banned
So, what's the problem with playing this on smartphone compared to pc?

Connection. Hard line > 4G (Although if you can do Wifi that's a definite improvemet) Plus real time battle notifications are kind of nice to have. I mean the playing it on phone is perfectly fine, especially if you're out and about, but at home? PC all day.

You're more likely to get into a Coop party or a rare high level raid on PC than on phone because of latency.

Gizuko

Yes, only staff (septian burner) is required to be equipped in main slot. Rest weapons works in any slot.
Dagger though should be levelled to lvl100 first to unlock its skill.

Thanks for answering! I was really annoyed thinking how to equip a fire dagger on the main slot and still get the job done.

notaskwid

Connection. Hard line > 4G (Although if you can do Wifi that's a definite improvemet) Plus real time battle notifications are kind of nice to have. I mean the playing it on phone is perfectly fine, especially if you're out and about, but at home? PC all day.

You're more likely to get into a Coop party or a rare high level raid on PC than on phone because of latency.

Thanks, I'm mostly looking for a game to burn some time on mobile and this seems interesting.

anyone know where the english option will be located?
i havent even started the game yet just waiting for the english option
i use to play CDN so this isnt my first rodeo with a language i dont understand(though that had an english patch)

kiryogi

Banned
Thanks, I'm mostly looking for a game to burn some time on mobile and this seems interesting.

I forgot to mention too, faster loading on app as well, since it all caches. Phone can cache to a certain extend, but more loading D:

anyone know where the english option will be located?
i havent even started the game yet just waiting for the english option
i use to play CDN so this isnt my first rodeo with a language i dont understand(though that had an english patch)

It will be in the settings, there will be a button clearly labeled with the word "Language" on it.

so when the english option comes later will i be able to read whats being said in this tutorial?
also should i bother rerolling? is there such a thing as a bad roll?

Yaari

so when the english option comes later will i be able to read whats being said in this tutorial?

Yeah everything will be in English.

Rerolling is most definitely worth the effort. But I'd suggest trying to get in contact with rerollers because there are some nice accounts out there that might just go to waste otherwise.

draw4wild

Yeah everything will be in English.

Rerolling is most definitely worth the effort. But I'd suggest trying to get in contact with rerollers because there are some nice accounts out there that might just go to waste otherwise.

Also if you reroll now you at most get 1 SSR character versus the 3+ a lot of us have on accounts. I haven't tried to login to any of mine since the event ended but I might as well list them since English is today

-Narumea, Percival, Albert
-Seruel, Sophia, Lennah, Aguielba, Charlotte, Henriette
-Lancelot, Riruru, Magisa, Fire metera
-Vampy, Vila, Henriette, Zues summon
-percival, narumea, birdman

get in touch with people who have rerolled accounts.

you also should have taken advantage of the fun and games of the 10million event...

Top Bottom