• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

PepperedHam

Did you guys turn off real time battle notifications?

Yes, everyone should absolutely go for Dark Fencer first, this isnt about what you like or not, Dark Fencer's utility will ensure your viability in progression.
Out of curiosity for future reference what are you losing out on by turning those notifications off?

Out of curiosity for future reference what are you losing out on by turning those notifications off?

Can't see chat emotes. Monster HP doesn't update as often makes it tough if you're waiting for an overdrive assassin move/Ougi. Player list inside the raid, you can see the number, just not whos in it.

Caim

Did you guys turn off real time battle notifications?

Yes, everyone should absolutely go for Dark Fencer first, this isnt about what you like or not, Dark Fencer's utility will ensure your viability in progression.

Just did. I'm on an iPhone 5 but it's actually running a little better. Thanks!

kiryogi

Banned
Can't see chat emotes. Monster HP doesn't update as often makes it tough if you're waiting for an overdrive assassin move/Ougi. Player list inside the raid, you can see the number, just not whos in it.

The work around to this is just reloading the battle to update it. But yeah, some reason it struggles with real time notifications, but otherwise runs as smooth as PC when turned off.

for all those interested in the street fighter collab

assuming they are repeating the same quests we had before, prepare your wind and light teams to get the earlier collab stuff (ryu, chun-li, the weapon)

of course there's still a chance we'll need our water teams yet again for the new stuff cause this is granfire fantasy

for all those interested in the street fighter collab

assuming they are repeating the same quests we had before, prepare your wind and light teams to get the earlier collab stuff (ryu, chun-li, the weapon)

of course there's still a chance we'll need our water teams yet again for the new stuff cause this is granfire fantasy

do i need to go level a bit first or can a team of all SSR bum rush for the collab stuff?

kiryogi

Banned
5S news for Vira and Danua is up! Gotta love how Vira gets less clothes are she becomes more powerful lawl.

update_char_news19.png

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=7464

Choice quips tho.

"@ LV 90, Vira gains the ability to add light attribute to her attacks via chev/lumi for 100% Ougi. So basically she's become Dark's Amira.

Danua at lv 90 can grant reflect to the whole team instead of self now, and her ougi has rare chance of sleep"

Dark just got a huge boost eve tho it didn't necessarily need it! New Meta is probably Vira/Vampy/D.Jeanne.

Also additional profile quips about Vira.

Confirmed Team Yuri.

Rixa

5S news for Vira and Danua is up! Gotta love how Vira gets less clothes are she becomes more powerful lawl.

Danua at lv 90 can grant reflect to the whole team instead of self now, and her ougi has rare chance of sleep"

Dark just got a huge boost eve tho it didn't necessarily need it! New Meta is probably Vira/Vampy/D.Jeanne.

I have Vira, but mine is the SR version. But, I have Danua too, time to level her up and see if she is good replace for my Vira.

chrono01

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=7464

Choice quips tho.

"@ LV 90, Vira gains the ability to add light attribute to her attacks via chev/lumi for 100% Ougi. So basically she's become Dark's Amira.

Also additional profile quips about Vira.

Confirmed Team Yuri.
Man, I wish I had Surprise Ticketed Vira (or Vampy) instead of Narumeia. :(

Anko

I love the new art. I never knew I had a thing for the crazy yuri characters.

At lvl 95, Affection Oath gets a boost. Attack power is increased and it will heal for more.

At lvl 100, clearing the fate episode will increase the triple attack duration from 1 turn to 2 turns for Eeving Existence (?). This should help with managing her ougi bar since like Amira, her Chevalier merge form drains 100% ougi.

Her new support ability augments her Chevalier form.

主人公達と旅を重ねる中で、歪んだ愛情を持つヴィーラに対して、気兼ねなく接してくれるカタリナ。次第にその感情は純粋な恋心となっていくことにヴィーラ自身は戸惑い……というストーリーになっています。
そこでなぜこんなに禍々しい姿に!?というのは、ぜひご確認を。
She's only just realised her love for Catalina is purely that of romantic love?

Her ougi's name will change during Chevalier merge. It will have a name that reflects where her heart is now at... That last line about her new look being ominous/sinister makes me worry though.

As a yuri fan, it must be fate for her to be the first SSR I pulled. She is in one of my two mains with Amira...

I feel like making Vira my DP now.. Sorry Kyouko.

kiryogi

Banned
I love the new art. I never knew I had a thing for the crazy yuri characters.

At lvl 95, Affection Oath gets a boost. Attack power is increased and it will heal for more.

At lvl 100, clearing the fate episode will increase the triple attack duration from 1 turn to 2 turns for Eeving Existence (?). This should help with managing her ougi bar since like Amira, her Chevalier merge form drains 100% ougi.

Her new support ability augments her Chevalier form.

She's only just realised her love for Catalina is purely that of romantic love?

Her ougi's name will change during Chevalier merge. It will have a name that reflects where her heart is now at... That last line about her new look being ominous/sinister makes me worry though.

As a yuri fan, it must be fate for her to be the first SSR I pulled. She is in one of my two mains with Amira...

I feel like making Vira my DP now.. Sorry Kyouko.

Me thinks you need this:

kiryogi

Banned
So there should be a major update in 4 hours or so, that's when the gacha change is and the anniversary banner will be gone.

chrono01

Haven't played this game yet, can't wait to try the NA version. Hope it's fun.
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but there won't be a North American version. Instead, we're getting an English language option for the Japanese client, so there won't be separate servers for us.

TUSR

Banned
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but there won't be a North American version. Instead, we're getting an English language option for the Japanese client, so there won't be separate servers for us.

How does one get the JP version on their NA iTunes account?

Do I need a second Apple ID based in JP to do this?

chrono01

You can do what most of us are doing and use the Chrome browser (both on your PC as well as phone) to play. It's a web-based game, so you don't really need the stand-alone app. Actually, the game runs better through Chrome than the apps (at least on the PC), so you're doing yourself a service by going that route.

If you really want the app and you're on iOS, then you will need a Japanese Apple account to download it. It hasn't been confirmed 100% yet, but it's highly expected, given the "Japan-Exclusive" mention on CyGames website, that the game will remain only on Japanese app stores.

My advice? Get started through Chrome on your PC and then login use the Chrome browser on your phone if you're interested in playing while you're out.

Moonlight

Banned

Yeah, you need a Japanese Apple ID to download stuff from the JP storefront. It's what I had to do for Starlight Stage. Thankfully, you don't need to switch when the app updates. Or well, it'll just switch your currently logged in ID to the JP storefront for it.

Noirulus

... Oh. Alright, judging from your other post I can play this on PC?

Top Bottom