• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

aett

Now that I've settled on one account, how do I change that account's email address and the character/username I originally created?

garath

Ah, knew it was hiding somewhere. Thanks!

EDIT: So I understand things, Raids come in on a daily cycle or something? I need to defeat Tiamat Showdown, but I don't think it's active today. I only see Yggdrasil, able to battle 3 times today. Is there a schedule anywhere?

For magna raids, in order to host them you need to get gold animas for that summon. I.E. get 3 gold animas for tiamat to host the magna tiamat. To get those you can do the very hard version of the magna on the appropriate island. For example, the tiamat very hard is located on island 2 (archipelago) chapter 4. You actually have to click on the chapter to see the quests offered there. You should see the normal tiamat for 15ap and the very hard one for 25ap. You can do each of those 3 times a day.

If you get the gold animas from the very hard version, you go to the starting island and you can host the big one.

MiTYH

For magna raids, in order to host them you need to get gold animas for that summon. I.E. get 3 gold animas for tiamat to host the magna tiamat. To get those you can do the very hard version of the magna on the appropriate island. For example, the tiamat very hard is located on island 2 (archipelago) chapter 4. You actually have to click on the chapter to see the quests offered there. You should see the normal tiamat for 15ap and the very hard one for 25ap. You can do each of those 3 times a day.

If you get the gold animas from the very hard version, you go to the starting island and you can host the big one.

Okay, that makes sense. Is there any downside to requesting backup from these? I tried a Hard one and couldn't scratch it, but had someone come in and basically OHKO it. Loot got me two Anima from Tiamat

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I waited so long for this to be in English...but with Kingdom Hearts and Clash Royale taking up 100% of my mobile time, not sure I can even play. Too many good games out.

garath

Okay, that makes sense. Is there any downside to requesting backup from these? I tried a Hard one and couldn't scratch it, but had someone come in and basically OHKO it. Loot got me two Anima from Tiamat

No downside other than potentially losing the MVP red chest.

But if you can't kill it yourself then help us a must and very helpful. You will always get a red chests for hosting and the MVP with get another red chest.

I don't usually request help since I want both red chests and I'm not strong enough to one shot it. Takes me like 6-7 rounds.

One more question -- I've seen twitter mentioned to get free AP, but when I try to link it I get only an option to unlink twitter. How to I "tweet" out to get the refill?

Go to your Home page, scroll down and find the Gameplay Extras banner. Click it, then click on the Twitter button.

1dc6fd816838051b9f3fcb31546bcd63.png

draw4wild

Those battles drop 2 red chests which have a chance at better loot, one for the host, and one for the mvp. If you can mvp it then you get both red chests. If you can't mvp then there really is no downside

garath

I waited so long for this to be in English...but with Kingdom Hearts and Clash Royale taking up 100% of my mobile time, not sure I can even play. Too many good games out.

This game is so much better than kingdom hearts. Kingdom hearts will get old super fast IMO. No auto battle, progression isn't smooth and is too fast. Will run out of content in a heartbeat. The fact that people are already sporting 6* teams with maxed keyblades one week in is a terrible sign. Let alone being out of quests.

I've been playing Granblue for a couple months. There is so much to do and the progression is the best in a mobile game I've encountered. There is a real sense of improvement in solid increments as you play. Add that to a huge story, non stop events and a ton of side missions, it's a game for the ages.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pacing I can understand, but contentwise you're comparing a game a few years old vs one that just launched.

commish

This game is so much better than kingdom hearts. Kingdom hearts will get old super fast IMO. No auto battle, progression isn't smooth and is too fast. Will run out of content in a heartbeat. The fact that people are already sporting 6* teams with maxed keyblades one week in is a terrible sign. Let alone being out of quests.

I've been playing Granblue for a couple months. There is so much to do and the progression is the best in a mobile game I've encountered. There is a real sense of improvement in solid increments as you play. Add that to a huge story, non stop events and a ton of side missions, it's a game for the ages.

We've played many of the same games together, so I think our tastes are pretty aligned. I'll give GB a good shot. After all, over the last few months, I did log in many times for the daily rewards even if I didn't actually play the game :)

You make a good point about KH - I already have max characters and keyblades, so not sure where the game progresses from here.

MiTYH

Those battles drop 2 red chests which have a chance at better loot, one for the host, and one for the mvp. If you can mvp it then you get both red chests. If you can't mvp then there really is no downside

Awesome. Everyone here is just awesome for helping me understand this better!

One, ONE, last question. It was mentioned to go to the main island and host the big raid. I'm relatively certain I'm on the main island (one with the Tiamat normal/hard quests?) but I don't see an option to host

One, ONE, last question. It was mentioned to go to the main island and host the big raid. I'm relatively certain I'm on the main island (one with the Tiamat normal/hard quests?) but I don't see an option to host

Go to this island

Oh hey, is there a way to change the name of the OT to "Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available!"

Also how do the rules of moving a thread to "community" work?

Thanks in advance.

draw4wild

So I've discovered I can change Jeanne's look back to her original before she was 3 starred. That makes me happy

The main island is top right of the world map. There'll be the order grande raid there. You won't see the raid if you're not at least rank 30 also.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh hey, is there a way to change the name of the OT to "Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available!"

Also how do the rules of moving a thread to "community" work?

Thanks in advance.

Typically after one month, although this is an extra-special case since the game itself launched two years ago, the OT is slightly older than a month, and I think that for a lot of people, the game really 'launched' today, despite it being the same service with a translation patch.

I'll fix up the title, and leave it to another mod/second opinion to shift to community if the thread warrants it.

garath

Pacing I can understand, but contentwise you're comparing a game a few years old vs one that just launched.

I understand that. And I'd love to forgive games that just come out in terms of content. But frankly it matters a lot, especially in the crowded mobile space. When there's nothing to do, there's nothing to do. We'll see what the landscape looks like for the next few months in terms of content but it closely aligns with the pacing issues. When you are completing all the available content in weeks then that new game lack of content becomes a big issue.

kiryogi

Banned
Typically after one month, although this is an extra-special case since the game itself launched two years ago, the OT is slightly older than a month, and I think that for a lot of people, the game really 'launched' today, despite it being the same service with a translation patch.

I'll fix up the title, and leave it to another mod/second opinion to shift to community if the thread warrants it.
Thanks Falk!

And yeah, we actually delayed the OT in the past waiting for this, so it would be awesome if this did stay on this side so folks realize it is in English now.

Falk

that puzzling face
My point is, everything from Record Keeper to Exvius to (especially, lol) Mobius all basically had launch content that the most hardcore players completed way before content updates/events started.

The main difference with KHU is probably the fact that the gacha lets you basically build your team to pretty good levels without having to pull SSRs, even if there's still an internal tier list as to which medals trump others. The difference is far less pronounced though, since everything is upgradeable to 6* with patience.

Whether THAT is a smart move in terms of longevity (in other words, whether the fact that the game is perceived as 'fairer' w.r.t gacha, while being easier to max out on the other hand) is what we'll find out, but my personal gut feeling right now is moving in a more consumer-friendly direction like this one should be applauded.

Thanks Falk!

And yeah, we actually delayed the OT in the past waiting for this, so it would be awesome if this did stay on this side so folks realize it is in English now.

Added date to the title too.

m33pm33p

Banned
I'm trying to finish the last part of the "Achievement Board" and the only thing I have left is "Use a Support Summon".

I've gone in and set a support summon on my profile, I've DEFINITELY used a support summon from another player..but neither of those seems to be doing it.

Can anyone tell me how to clear this last piece?

garath

We've played many of the same games together, so I think our tastes are pretty aligned. I'll give GB a good shot. After all, over the last few months, I did log in many times for the daily rewards even if I didn't actually play the game :)

You make a good point about KH - I already have max characters and keyblades, so not sure where the game progresses from here.

Definitely do. It's not the same type of game but I'm getting CC levels of enjoyment out of it. I've been playing it pretty consistently for a couple months which is more than I can say for most other games.

My point is, everything from Record Keeper to Exvius to (especially, lol) Mobius all basically had launch content that the most hardcore players completed way before content updates/events started.

The main difference with KHU is probably the fact that the gacha lets you basically build your team to pretty good levels without having to pull SSRs, even if there's still an internal tier list as to which medals trump others. The difference is far less pronounced though, since everything is upgradeable to 6* with patience.

Whether THAT is a smart move in terms of longevity (in other words, whether the fact that the game is perceived as 'fairer' w.r.t gacha, while being easier to max out on the other hand) is what we'll find out, but my personal gut feeling right now is moving in a more consumer-friendly direction like this one should be applauded.

I agree with you. It's hard to point to my concerns without referencing other games. Record keeper is a good example of something going right. There was content issue initially but in a very short period of time we were overloaded with content that would keep a casual to consistent player occupied indefinitely. They had regular events and released new story sections pretty frequently. The gatcha allowed for some good growth though I think that was a little flat compared to something like Granblue.

My biggest concern with kingdom hearts isn't with the limited content as much as how quickly it was devoured. Yes, Hardcore players will eat anything alive. But when fairly casual play over three days got me a maxed out keyblade and more than halfway through the story, I start to worry. It seems a little too anti gacha for a free to play game. Time will tell. It's pretty fun. I hope it grows.

Falk

that puzzling face
My biggest concern with kingdom hearts isn't with the limited content as much as how quickly it was devoured. Yes, Hardcore players will eat anything alive. But when fairly casual play over three days got me a maxed out keyblade and more than halfway through the story, I start to worry. It seems a little too anti gacha for a free to play game. Time will tell. It's pretty fun. I hope it grows.

If anything, (and I'm biased by my own personal spending impulses) I feel like the $15/3000 jewel deal that unlocks all dailies, which essentially turns the game into virtually a regular, albeit slightly grindy game rather than a stamina-based one with rotating dailies is going to be the big earner here. I know I'm going to be very tempted to do that every time a content update comes around.

But I digress, and I don't really want to derail this thread any further. :)

commish

I agree with you. It's hard to point to my concerns without referencing other games. Record keeper is a good example of something going right. There was content issue initially but in a very short period of time we were overloaded with content that would keep a casual to consistent player occupied indefinitely. They had regular events and released new story sections pretty frequently. The gatcha allowed for some good growth though I think that was a little flat compared to something like Granblue.

I thought I was going to be playing record keeper forever, but I couldn't believe how fast I got bored of it. Maybe it's better now.

garath

If anything, (and I'm biased by my own personal spending impulses) I feel like the $15/3000 jewel deal that unlocks all dailies, which essentially turns the game into virtually a regular, albeit slightly grindy game rather than a stamina-based one with rotating dailies is going to be the big earner here. I know I'm going to be very tempted to do that every time a content update comes around.

But I digress, and I don't really want to derail this thread any further. :)

Yep! Didn't mean to derail myself. Only to day Granblue is well worth the time investment imo :)

I thought I was going to be playing record keeper forever, but I couldn't believe how fast I got bored of it. Maybe it's better now.

Oh I got bored of it. But not for lack of content. Lol.

pariah164

Okay, installed the game, booted it... Get to a screen with two buttons, one blue, the other saying something about ID. Help a sister out. GranblueGAF. What do I do here?

Ranmo

Okay, installed the game, booted it... Get to a screen with two buttons, one blue, the other saying something about ID. Help a sister out. GranblueGAF. What do I do here?

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

You don't have to reroll if you really don't want to, but it will tell you how to make an account.

The battle music is kind of annoying as it feels like its just a ten second track that loops :(

They loop the tracks during phases I noticed. As the 3/3 battles progress more of the track begins to play. This isn't the case for all battles though.

Already seen some English errors particularly with character name spelling consistency, but not that bothersome to me.

Aside from some possibly contentious character naming decisions (ex. Vampy to Vania), I think the localization is so far pretty good (not sarcasm).

5c19c9d3d8efc8ae85fdf08a559cc7f1.png

Hachitora

So I got title rewards (which I never got since I began the game) and got [Skybound] Ranko Kanzaki. What is this? It doesn't seem like it's a character or summon, so not rly sure?

If an English-only server comes out (which probably won't happen), nobody will play it since a huge chunk of the western playerbase is already invested in the current version.

There's no reason to really wait any longer.

Chances of them releasing an international version are slim, especially after today's "events will be translated a bit later" announcement (meaning they're committed to continuously translating). Plus all the licensing issues.

And even then, if they do release it internationally, it'll be a global server. The game is set up to host both English and Japanese players after today's update, so you'll never have to start over.

There is no reason not to play now.

Make a new iTunes account. You don't need a credit card or anything, and you can make up all the information.

Why though? The Japanese servers are likely to get more collaboration events, have a bigger active user base, and are less likely to be shutdown as compared to their western counterparts. And with English option being available, a lot of English speaking folks will have joined the JP server. There would be no reason for us to join whatever English server that is put out in the future.

Thanks for clearing up the current situation for me. I played through the tutorial and am surprised how much I like the characters and plot thus far, good stuff!

MiTYH

Already seen some English errors particularly with character name spelling consistency, but not that bothersome to me.

Aside from some possibly contentious character naming decisions (ex. Vampy to Vania), I think the localization is so far pretty good (not sarcasm).

5c19c9d3d8efc8ae85fdf08a559cc7f1.png

Agreed, very good so far! Ran through the tutorial and now the plot/basics make sense. Also only noticed 1 error so far, the word "levl" instead of "level". Hardly game braking

Velkyn

I really want to get started, but I also want to try the tutorial in English before I start playing for real. Is there a good way to do that which doesn't involve using Chrome? I'm at work, and installing Chrome apps and developer mode are locked down on the work PC, so ideally I'd like a way to replay the tutorial or, failing that, log out of the app so I can make a new account.

Squire

Banned
Account creation doesn't sound very hard.

I don't want to reroll at all. Will I still be able to progress, realistically?

If u set up in Chrome on my PC, can I login through Chrome on my phone later and play there? I'm on iOS, so I just have the Chrome browser app for that.

Totakeke

If an English-only server comes out (which probably won't happen), nobody will play it since a huge chunk of the western playerbase is already invested in the current version.

There's no reason to really wait any longer.

Sorry, but of course the player base is on the current version because that's the only one that exists. That statement doesn't say anything unless you have information on people who don't currently play the game.

Shirke

Going through the reroll process, is there a faster way to skip through all the tutorial battles? I'm using the Google Chrome app right now.

kiryogi

Banned
Sorry, but of course the player base is on the current version because that's the only one that exists. That statement doesn't say anything unless you have information on people who don't currently play the game.

There's pretty little incentive to start over. And there's no imbalance just because there's veterans and established content. The current difficulty and balance is actually really accommodating for all ranges of players.

Totakeke

There's pretty little incentive to start over. And there's no imbalance because there's veterans and established content.

For the current player base, yes of course. But I'd like to think when someone says a "huge chunk of the "western playerbase" it means that the total population in the western world that might be interested in playing the game instead of people who are already playing the game.

Ranmo

Liking this a lot. Any guide on how to buy mobacoins?

if you download the android app you can take money out of your google wallet. I use this method for pso all the time. It's super nifty not having to pay inflated prices. Once theres a gacha I like I'm going to drop some mones into Granblue.

Top Bottom